February 2013 Love Bugs

Here he is!

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/ea45e34d9ecf518f88501e34d8302a3f.jpg

Agh his gorgeous! Well done lovely

Goodluck Becca, can't wait to hear your news and see Lily
Xx

He's so cute, Smiley :cloud9:.

Thank you for the well wishes, I have to ring at 3pm or after, so we're cleaning his car and the house first :D.
xoxox

He is beautiful Smiley :flower:

With the feeding it is normal for it not to be pain free - I bf Ivy for 16 months and my nips are quite tough but I still had a few days of pain with Elodie and the odd blood blister, I am using lots of lasinoh nipple cream.

If it is realllllllly painful that doesn't sound right. Try and get him gape really wide and to get a big mouthful of you areola and not just the nipple. When I latch Elodie on it looks like I am ramming my boob into the roof her mouth! Keep asking for help though, it is really tough at first but it gets easier.

The breastfeeding lady has just been to see me and has given me advice. I felt stupid asking though...how do I make him open his mouth wider to latch on? I think that is the problem.

I squidge my boob into a nipple sandwich then ram Sophie on as her mouth is tiny and she struggles to open wide enough and it's incredibly painful otherwise. It really helps her to get more boob in her mouth and not just nipple.

With Bethany I used to pull her bottom lip down a bit or tickle her chin and that would help her open up really wide. x x x

Tickle his cheek, rub your nipple on his top lip. With elodie I was sqeezing a drop of colostrum out on to my nipple and letting her have a taste of it, it made her really eager to feed!

Don't feel silly asking for help, it is difficult and a skill you both will be learning. He will be really sleepy too, to make him more alert try changing his nappy, tickling his feet etc. Skin to skin is great for encouraging a desire for baby to feed too x

He is probably in his sleepy after birth stage dx

Have you all joined love bugs parenting thread?? X

Sleepy after birth stage? Why did no-one tell Sophie about that?! :rofl:

I have to say Elodie didn't get that either - she fed manically for about 6 hours straight after being born!

My DH has lovebites from her all over his chest because she boob crazed!

Lol all mine did. Jade was awake for an hour then slept for five but didnt drink much at all first night lol

AP - :rofl: Aww bless her!

Sophie screamed bloody murder for the first 24 hours, even when I fed her she would have a few sucks, then scream some more! It was so hard!

Elsie gets lazy sometimes and doesn't open wide. I just move her from feeding position until she calms down and then try again. I also do the nipple sand which hold for her. She just had a tongue tie that we clipped yesterday so we are relearning to feed again.

Thanks fairy!

We also were against family names and bible names lol. My sil is all about bible names lol

Our cat is called Elsie...if the cat hadn't been called it then it definitely would have been a name we would have considered for out children!

Well after 27 hours of back labor my little girl was finally born yesterday !!!! Right on my birthday best gift ever!!! I still can't believe she's mine!! Ill post my birth story later but here is a pic 8 pounds 1 oz , 20.5 inches
https://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/dschristou/DDAE1864-1889-4106-9D9D-1AA2F1585572-78563-000012134E42C906_zpsa3e8d75c.jpg

Ahh she is beautiful! Lovely birthday present, well done xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->