February 2013 Love Bugs

Congrats Smiley and good luck Becca! Fingers crossed for a quick easy labour for you.

He is here! Weighing 8lb exactly and born at. 4.39pm on 01/03/13 baby Jack made his entrance after a very quick 2 hour labour! He is perfect, I had a 2nd degree tear and had a major bleed afterwards but I will write a full birth story when I have chance and when I have the energy! Absolutely exhausted after only 6hours sleep since wednesday morning!

Thaks for all the well wishes, speak soon xx

Well done smiley xxx

Yeah Becca, goodluck, guess you coul have baby depending what time you go in. How excite!!!

Any news on munchkin?- think I Spelt this right? X

congrats smiley!!! :dance:

We're hoping it doesn't take ages. I'm 3cm dilated, which is good. How long were your labours, Newt?

I suffer with an OCD so it's hard.
xoxox

I was 3cm and 80% effaced when I went in - took 14hrs but they moved my pitocin up very slowly and I got stuck for a bit between 4-6cm - after 6 it was pretty quick

They started the pitocin at 3:30 I was 3cm. I was fully dilated at 5:00 on a level 4 pitocin drip (most women need a 12 out of 20 drip).

I also had the pitocin shakes!

I ended up going up to 16 as my contractions weren't strong enough and baby's hb was getting high and had the shakes too - they were terrible and drained me of a lot of energy. I also got very nauseated - don't hesitate to ask for something for nausea - I felt better almost instantly

I was out on the drip and went up to (get this) 32!!!!!!!! Yes you read correctly lol. That was the highest they could let me go and it really kicked things off for me. Before that the drip was doing absolutely sweet FA. Was giving me tightenings but I couldnt feel any pain. By 2pm I was still at 3cm and the drip was upped...it started things off steadily and then wham it hit me like a ton of bricks. Had Jack on my chest at 4.39pm, established labour was about two and a half hours.

Im trying to breast feed and cant do it :cry:

Hun, I had problems right at the beginning with latching, and Harry being too tired to feed; he didn't eat until he was 16 hours old! Don't pressure yourself - babies can sense the anxiety. Jack will get there. :)

Congratulations Smiley!!! :happydance:

Good luck today Becca!!!

Hope you're okay, Smiley :hugs:.

I'm super nervous, I have a bad headache! Ugh. Going to clean around today and make sure I'm all sorted for hospital. Try and get rid of this headache! Can't wait to meet my little princess <3.
xoxox

Becca, best of luck for today! Im so happy you will get to meet your Lily soon :D

We have made much better progress this morning! He is latching on now but it is incredibly painful, is that normal? Or does it mean he could be latching wrong?

If it's very painful, he's probably latching wrong. He shouldn't just be sucking your nipple, he should have some of your areola in his mouth too. I got a cracked nipple due to a bad latch. :(

Yeah it is very very sore :( Im going to have to ask for some more help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->