February 2013 Testers + clomid/ Femara

wondering if anyone has experienced something like I am this month while on clomid-

I took 50mg cd3-7 this month for first time. i think i was overstimulated (I Ov on my own, just trying to boost because we are using donor sperm) I ended up ovulating early, either cd11 or 12. I'm now cd 30 and usually my period starts somewhere between cd27-29, the only thing I've had is heavy brown spotting off and on and some cramping on Sunday. And when I say off and on, I mean Sunday it was heavy enough for a tampon, but Monday, little to nothing, off and on tuesday/wednesday morning but nothing by wed afternoon and today only tiny brown spots when I wipe. My temps have come down a bit, but still well above coverline. I tested yesterday at 17dpo and BFN.

I just want my period to really start already! I don't think those days of medium-heavy brown stuff counts as a real period, right? Could this be from the clomid?

I too used clomid for the same thing & the 2nd month I used it , it made me O early as well & I ended up getting 2 periods that month. It probably your body just getting used to the medicine. If you dont start within a few days contact your Dr. to get blood draws :)

Don't worry about BDing around O this month doll you've got many other months to try. Right now is about grieving and remembering your grandma. Focus on that. You need a break anyways. Just let this month go. :hugs:
Lol it does hurt. Didn't yesterday because it was numb. They got a nice chunk!

wondering if anyone has experienced something like I am this month while on clomid-

I took 50mg cd3-7 this month for first time. i think i was overstimulated (I Ov on my own, just trying to boost because we are using donor sperm) I ended up ovulating early, either cd11 or 12. I'm now cd 30 and usually my period starts somewhere between cd27-29, the only thing I've had is heavy brown spotting off and on and some cramping on Sunday. And when I say off and on, I mean Sunday it was heavy enough for a tampon, but Monday, little to nothing, off and on tuesday/wednesday morning but nothing by wed afternoon and today only tiny brown spots when I wipe. My temps have come down a bit, but still well above coverline. I tested yesterday at 17dpo and BFN.

I just want my period to really start already! I don't think those days of medium-heavy brown stuff counts as a real period, right? Could this be from the clomid?

I too used clomid for the same thing & the 2nd month I used it , it made me O early as well & I ended up getting 2 periods that month. It probably your body just getting used to the medicine. If you dont start within a few days contact your Dr. to get blood draws :)

thanks for the info, i was planning to call doc for blood tomorrow or monday, just seems so weird that hpt would be negative so i don't want to get hopes up when it's probably just a weird clomid fluke :-/

thanks Jenna :hugs:

It looked like they dug a hole in that sucker lol! I remember when I was intomy party days, I used to go out alot cause austin is famous for 6th street. Its basically a street full of bars that they block off on the weekends.. Anyways I would get drunk & walk around barefoot in the road. I know gross!!! but anyways I ended up getting a painful planters wart on my foot & had to have it dug out. I had a huge holel ike your finger & it was not very pleasent.

Ouuucchhh that would hurt so bad on your foot! How did you walk?! I remember having a wart on my foot once when I was like 13 or 14 and they froze it off. I walked just fine though it didn't really hurt, they did it over like 3 treatments. But I did get a note excusing me from P.E. which was GREAT because I hated P.E. ;)

Lol this thread is hilarious. We've gone from TTC to warts and biopsies. We rarely stay on topic :haha:

Lol but its such a good distraction from TTC !!! :haha:

Yeah they numbed my foot then got a sharp circle thing & started digging. It was on my baby toe so for a while I could only wear open toe shoes which was great cause I worked in a doctors office as a front desk clerk. It gave me a reason to not have to wear heels lol

OWIE!! Just thinking about that makes me hurt >.< Poor little baby toe! Did they use novacaine? That's what they used on my finger and I haaate the feeling of being numb! It felt like my finger had no blood in it and it was dead lol. I guess an annoying numbness is better than feeling it though! I can't imagine how the epidural is going to feel, having half my body numb... It'll probably drive me nuts lol. But again, better than pain!

My actual testing date is Monday the 29th with bloods w/ fs, but my curiosity got the best of me and last night as well as this morning I took a dollar tree test and both are :bfn::cry: so I really think I'm out this month ladies:cry: I'm 11 dpo.

Jenna- I nursed for 9 months and loved it! It was the best bond between dd and I. the first month is brutal on the ta tas but after you get by that it is so worth it.

OWIE!! Just thinking about that makes me hurt >.< Poor little baby toe! Did they use novacaine? That's what they used on my finger and I haaate the feeling of being numb! It felt like my finger had no blood in it and it was dead lol. I guess an annoying numbness is better than feeling it though! I can't imagine how the epidural is going to feel, having half my body numb... It'll probably drive me nuts lol. But again, better than pain!

They did use that but when the doctor did the first shot I almost kicked her lol. It burned & I lost control of my foot! :haha:

Oh man I have seen the needle for an epidural & ouch!! I am going to convince you to go naturally lol ... It really wasn't THAT BAD!!! :blush:

My actual testing date is Monday the 29th with bloods w/ fs, but my curiosity got the best of me and last night as well as this morning I took a dollar tree test and both are :bfn::cry: so I really think I'm out this month ladies:cry: I'm 11 dpo.

Jenna- I nursed for 9 months and loved it! It was the best bond between dd and I. the first month is brutal on the ta tas but after you get by that it is so worth it.

Oh Whoops!! My days are all messed up right now! Your still early hun so don't count yourself out just yet.

Lol I can't do it natural! I'm such a wuss when it comes to pain! And after watching all these shows with girls doing it natural, ooomg lol. They all think they're dying. And they look like they're dying. I'm scared enough doing it WITH the epidural hahaha!

thanks for the info, i was planning to call doc for blood tomorrow or monday, just seems so weird that hpt would be negative so i don't want to get hopes up when it's probably just a weird clomid fluke :-/

I'm still super confused! I called doctor yesterday then literally right after I hung up I went to the bathroom and there was bright red AF blood, so I felt at least relieved that it started, but when I took tampon out this morning there was nothing else on it! And my temp was still high. What is going on?? Would clomid really make AF that light AND keep temps up?? I'm technically 19dpo with no real AF flow and temps still high

I'm still super confused! I called doctor yesterday then literally right after I hung up I went to the bathroom and there was bright red AF blood, so I felt at least relieved that it started, but when I took tampon out this morning there was nothing else on it! And my temp was still high. What is going on?? Would clomid really make AF that light AND keep temps up?? I'm technically 19dpo with no real AF flow and temps still high

Have you tested again & are your taking your temps the same time every day right when you wake up? Sometimes if you take them at different times then it can affect that but I dont think clomid will keep them high unless you are pregnant. I would def re-test.\

I usually have extremely light cycles & with clomid it made me cramp more.

FINALLY!!! I'm not an eggplant anymore!! Oh jeeze, its been a long 4 weeks of eggplant. Now I'm a squash for 3-4 weeks :haha: Draven has been reeeeaaaallly quiet the last few days, but I think it could be because I've been moving CONSTANTLY trying to pack and unpack. Hopefully he starts wiggling around again soon so I don't start worrying.

Isn't somebody testing today?? I could be wrong, I've been so busy lol. i can't remember.

Wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing!!?! I finished my provera last week and started a really light period this weekend. I woul really call it spotting. I called the dr and she said to go ahead and come in tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to get to start fertility meds or not! I hate that femara...it must have made my lining so thin that there's nothing to shed? I don't know. Very strange!!

It's a :bfn: for me this month ladies and the witch :witch: got me this morning ugh onto next month increasing to 100 mg clomid. Hope everyone one else is god and safe!

Have you tested again & are your taking your temps the same time every day right when you wake up? Sometimes if you take them at different times then it can affect that but I dont think clomid will keep them high unless you are pregnant. I would def re-test.\

I usually have extremely light cycles & with clomid it made me cramp more.

yes, I take temps at same time and even tested that morning. this month I only had 1 day (really only a few hours) of bright red AF then it was gone, but definitely have cramps on and off all week. I haven't been temping since then because I came down with a bad cold/sinus infection and I figured temps would be off. I'm going to start temping again tomorrow.

Wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing!!?! I finished my provera last week and started a really light period this weekend. I woul really call it spotting. I called the dr and she said to go ahead and come in tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to get to start fertility meds or not! I hate that femara...it must have made my lining so thin that there's nothing to shed? I don't know. Very strange!!

my lining was 7mm at my ultrasound, and I took clomid for first time last month. my period was SUPER light, like, one afternoon and bright red, then nothing! i did spot (sometimes heavily) some brown blood before that and had cramping on and off.

OK girls, a some question I'm hoping you can help with:

1. My O dates are always exactly 4 weeks apart, but last month on Clomid my O was about 3 days early (usual O is on cd14-15), so you would think AF would be early too- NOPE it was about 3 days late (cd30). I'm not going to take the Clomid this month. Do you think I will O on my normal cd 14 or will it be early again?

2. I am seeing an OBGYN for my IUIs because it is MUCH cheaper than fertility center BUT this means I really have to advocate for myself a lot. So far we've done IUI just BEFORE O (like, I usually O within 24 hours or so bc my temp is always up the next morning). However, I know with ladies that use trigger, you do the IUI 36 hours after, which would be AFTER O has happened. Do you think I should try to hold out until just after O this month??

Thanks for any advice help you can give me. I'm trying so hard to educate myself so I can ask for what I need

Think I'm a little late to the party but can I be put down for the 12th please? I've totally lost track of this cycle, been so good to forget about ttc. Haven't been using ov tests or bding as much so will be surprised if we do get a bfp this time! Based on my last 2 cycles, I think AF is due on the 13th but I'll be testing earlier as I have a follow up appointment with my consultant in 2 weeks.

FX for everyone!

I finally have an update. We went to the fertility dr today and will be doing a clomid IUI cycle this month. I'm hopeful that it will work. The dr said I likely have PCOS but the bloodwork will confirm. I'm on my 2nd day of clomid...no SE so far except some heat flashes that could be the Texas weather rather than the meds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->