February 2013 Testers + clomid/ Femara

Hey dolls sorry for being so out of the loop. My grandmother passed away & I have been in Az for almost a week. I will be back home by next weekend & can fully catch up. DH & I missed any chance of conceiving this cycle but please feel free to send me your dates so i can put them down!!!

FXED for a turkey bfp :)

Hi ladies! Seems like we've all been so busy! I've been super busy nesting in our new home, but I've been lurking and praying for all of you. I we're finally 100% settled in now, we had a lot of last minute touches and I'm glad to be done (besides the babies room which will be a work in progress for a while)
Had a little scare the other day, Draven wasn't moving as much as he should have been. I waited it out a few days because he does that sometimes, until the 5th day I couldn't wait any longer. Made a same day appointment with the on-call doctor (mine wasn't in) and OF COURSE as soon as we get in there for the NST he goes crazy!! Little booger head made me look like a liar :haha: Just glad it was nothing though.
I hope everyone had a great Halloween. Next stop, Thanksgiving! Mmmm can't wait :D

:flower: :dust: :flower: :dust:

Hi ladies! I am also sorry I have been out of the loop. I was sad to see AF come and the depression hit me. I guess I just figured I would get instantly pregnant with fertility meds.... WRONG>>>>!Oh well here is to staying possitive! 100 mg this month instead of 50 and I'm on cycle day 6.

Lei - I am so sorry for your loss, death in such a hard thing! I hope you stay strong and healthy my dear HUGS!!!!!

Jenna- I'm very excited you are settled in and taking such good care of your little fetal bambinno. I would have done the same thing as you! p.s you look so freaking cute!

Thank you! :) I love that lol, fetal bambinno. Cute.
Sorry about the BFN I know how depressed seeing AF again can be. Not trying to get your hopes up too much, BUUUUT I got my BFP on round 2 ;) And I was on 50mg both times, not 100. So hopefully this is your lucky round!

Oo that is very exciting and great hope, thank you! Did you ovulate on your first round?

I'm pretty sure I was already ovulating before the clomid. I didn't have any monitoring done I just asked my regular doctor for it and she gave me 3 months of 50 lol. My periods were always super irregular (I'd go up to 9 months with out one) but while I was TTC it's like it regulated itself. So my guess is I wasn't ovulating most of my life then miraculously once I was ready to have a baby I started to ovulate, hence the regular AF? What do I know though, I'm not a doctor lol.

A very long answer to your short question :haha:

Lei- sorry to hear about your grandmother!

Jenna- glad all is well! I don't blame you for going in. I've had several friends go in for the same issue!

As for me, I just finished my 100mg of clomid. Having an HSG done tomorrow and an ultrasound to check the follicles. Will be doing an IUI eventually this cycle. I'm nervous about the HSG but I'm just gonna do it. Some say it doesn't hurt. Some say it does. I'm just hoping the tubes are actually open!!!

I've heard HSG just feels like AF cramps after. They also say many people get BFPs after it too because it "clears the cobwebs" Good luck!!!! FX

I just had the HSG. Not bad at all. I had about two kinda bad cramps but it was over quickly. Tubes are open! But so far, no response to the clomid (CD10). Ugh! Come on follicles!!

I just had the HSG. Not bad at all. I had about two kinda bad cramps but it was over quickly. Tubes are open! But so far, no response to the clomid (CD10). Ugh! Come on follicles!!

I had bad cramps for 3 days after I took it last Month. So what do you mean no follies? Did you have your ultrasound and see nothing there? Are they going to check you again this cycle to see if they do blossum?

typeA TTC- So glad the HSG wasnt bad for you! :happydance: for both tubes being open!!!

I swear I have been so out of it!! Poor DH has been trying to DTD but I just cant bring myself to do it. We decided we would start trying again in feb/ march :D

Sorry- I should have said that there's lots of follicles but nothing mature or even close today (CD10). I go back on Thursday (CD13) to check again however I'm a bit doubtful that there will be any progress. I'm really just ready to get on with some injections but that won't be until next cycle. :(. I'm not that optimistic about the clomd working. Dr said she would give me until CD20 to respond bc some respond slowly. I'm thinking I don't respond. We'll see. I think the dr mentioned that she will try 150mg of clomid if this doesn't work.

Lei- I think you are taking a well-deserved break. At times I feel like TTC is a full time job!!

Remember how Bio got her BFP? She didn't O for a looooong time and ended up getting pregnant that cycle! Try and keep some optimism :)

:spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy:

I start Femara in like 5 days.. I am waiting on AF and will take femara days 3-7. This is my first cycle. I am a little nervous :blush:

I was first put on provera to induce AF. what if it doesn't come? how would I know when to start femara???

confused!!!

Baby kisses- I just went through your "what ifs" so here's what happened to me: I normally have to take provera to start my period and it really can vary as to how long after your last provera pill you start your period. Mine would typically start in 3-5 days after the last pill. However, my OB put me on femara (5mg) and I didn't respond. None of my follicles matured so I was given provera to induce a period and try something else. I took provera and my period never came. The OB makes you wait two weeks to ensure you really aren't going to start and then made me take another round of provera (yes, back to back). After finishing the second round of provera I had a super light period and then started clomid. My OB wouldn't let me start any fertility meds until I had a period.

The OB said that sometimes it takes two rounds to start, but had never happened to me before so I was a bit freaked out.

I had no side effects from femara except for a few hot flashes. Good luck!!

baby kisses I have no idea about the provera but good luck hun!!! :D

How is everyone else doing??

Baby kisses- I just went through your "what ifs" so here's what happened to me: I normally have to take provera to start my period and it really can vary as to how long after your last provera pill you start your period. Mine would typically start in 3-5 days after the last pill. However, my OB put me on femara (5mg) and I didn't respond. None of my follicles matured so I was given provera to induce a period and try something else. I took provera and my period never came. The OB makes you wait two weeks to ensure you really aren't going to start and then made me take another round of provera (yes, back to back). After finishing the second round of provera I had a super light period and then started clomid. My OB wouldn't let me start any fertility meds until I had a period.

The OB said that sometimes it takes two rounds to start, but had never happened to me before so I was a bit freaked out.

I had no side effects from femara except for a few hot flashes. Good luck!!

Hey!! Thanks for responding! I have taken the Provera once before and it didn't work by its self. They had to put me on 7 days of provera and i think 7 days of estrogen then I finally got my period. Although the doctor said that my lining is so thick that he thinks that it will work this time. Also he said even if I just spot to count that as day one. Provera has given me no side effects besides a few bad dreams and some hot flashes. I am so ready to start the femara!! I just want a little one so bad! As we all do! Thank you for your experience. What else did you take? Prenatal vitamins and ?? I have heard that I should be taking a baby aspirin too. But I am unsure what that would be for.

Baby kisses- I think your dr is right about the lining. Mine was very thin and so I think that's what caused me not to have a period after the provera. I take the prenatals and that's it. It's frustrating because I don't feel like I've even been given a chance to get pregnant yet because I haven't ovulated.

I took the femara in September and spent all of october waiting for my period. November I started clomid (100mg). I haven't responded so far with any mature follicles but I go tomorrow for an ultrasound to see if any progress. If not, I think she'll give me 150mgs of clomid. If no mature follicles then. I will get on provera to start my period and move to injections. I'm so ready to move to injections because I don't think the pills work for me, but I'm stuck in this cycle for now. Is this your first cycle of meds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->