February 2013 Testers + clomid/ Femara

Went to the FS this am. It's official I did not respond to clomid at 100mg. So now I will be taking 150mg to see if that will help get things going. I start those pills today.

Typea-- Wahoo!! Hopefully that higher dose will get things going.

I missed a lot over the weekend so will need to catch up!

Afm: AF showed just on time which I knew she would. DH & I look forward to getting back in the game as far as bding goes :)

Wicked was AMAZING! Wow, I want to go back :) OH and I had so much fun, its been a while since we've been on a date, especially one this nice. Much needed. My dad went home so now its just one more day with my mom and I'm free until thanksgiving :haha: In other news, I found my first stretch marks on my belly :'( 3 so far. It's official, goodbye body. I was okay with them on my butt/hips and boobies. But now my belly is doomed forever, I've still got 2 months left so it'll keep getting worse, and fast from what I hear. *sigh* Oh well I suppose.

HOORAY for the 150mg! FX for minimal side effects.

Lei, can't wait to stalk your chart again :)

Hi All! I just returned from the RE today and will doing my next cycle with Dexamethasone, Femara, Ovidrel and follicle monitoring. once everything is timed out i will be testing on or near Christmas day and just want to know if I have any buddies.

Jenna- Just keep rubbing it down with lotion & they should lighten up :D Your not doomed silly haha! I can't believe Draven is almost here, it seems like just yesterday you told us about your :bfp: Crazy how time flies!

Quindalyn- Welcome hun :D Fxed for a wonderful christmas gift this year! :hugs:

Quindalyn- I wish I could tell you when I will test. I didn't respond to femara and clomid 100mgs. So now I'm on 150mg. She (FS) will give that another few weeks. So I'll probably be testing right after turkey day and then if it doesn't work I'll start injections and will test around Xmas!

Jenna- you are making me want to see wicked again!! My DH got me the CD and I rolled my eyes at first but I know every word to every song now! Re: stretch marks I agree with Lei all my friend lather up several times a day to help with the skin elasticity

Lei- I have been meaning to tell you that I heart your status...angelic. :). Love! Yeah for being on to the next cycle! I can't wait to read that you got your BFP even if I have to wait several months!

I know Im super excited to be somewhat back in the game! DH & I have been extremely inseperrable lately so it should make for some fun BDing once AF goes away!

I agree with lathering up several times a day!! I would put cocoa butter on about 10x a day haha. I know it sounds crazy but if I was laying around or watching t.v I would put some on & luckily it helped me from getting any.

I have the palmers stretch mark lotion I put on daily. My friend used it religiously throughout her pregnancy and got no stretchies...up until the last month. Then she exploded with them. Poor girl :( We'll see what happens, hopefully they stop coming.
Had my appointment yesterday. My mommy (grandma to be!) got to hear the heart beat. I've gone from 127lb to 161 haha! I wouldn't be surprises if I pass 170 by the time I have Draven. I'm not worried though. What's funny is I don't mind the weight gain because I find it a fun challenge to see of I can lose it all after. Maybe I'm weird :haha: Draven is head down, I have no idea how my doctor could tell! She just felt my belly and said "Yup, feels like his head is right here." But that was exciting to hear. Lei, I feel the same way I feel like I JUST announced my BFP. It's insane I don't know where this pregnancy went. I felt like it was lagging on but now all the sudden I'm like "What happened?" I'm just 6 weeks before full term (day before Christmas) and 9 weeks before my due date. I can't believe it. I have to go see a physical therapist Friday though :( My pubic bone is ripping apart and its not pleasant feeling at all. I feel like someone kicked me in the vagina with a steel boot and broke the bone. There isn't much I can do about it but try some therapy so we'll see how it goes.

Sorry for such a long post ladies haha! I got carried away :haha:

Jenna- Just keep using it even if its up to 20x a day :haha: You will be surprised how much it helps :D I bet your mom was thrilled about that?? Did she cry??
Head down?? Oh man he is gearing up to get out of there...I bet he is kicking your insides like crazy now lol.
The pubic bone ordeal seems extremely painful... A steel boot??? OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the therapy will help cause that just sunds extremely painful.

Totally off subject but I get a kick out of some of these smiley faces..let me tell a story that I will do up until I O (my excuse to use some faces) :haha:

This is what it will look like....

:dishes: :laundry: :brat: :beer: :sleep: :cloud9: :bfp: :cloud9: :coffee: =x14

Then OVULATION!!!! :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sleep: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sleep: :sex: :laundry: :sleep: :sex:

FAST FOWARD 14 days!!!

:test: :bfp: :happydance: :dance: :headspin: :loopy:

:blush:Hi everyone --
I am new to discusstion threads, Clomid, infertility, all of that jazz, so be patient with me.

I am currently on 50mg of Clomid, i take my last dose tomorrow morning, (CD9), and then Friday the 16th I go in for an u/s - I assume this is where they tell me how many follicles i have?? whatever that means???

Then they said i will need to come in on CD 21 for a blood test to determine if ovulation happened or not.

ANY pointers anyone has for me? What should I expect? What questions should I ask at my appointment Friday? Should I be doing anything else to increase my chances of conceiving? I am taking prenatals and folic acid supplements but that's it.

Really looking forward to having a support community to talk about all of this with. My husband pretty much thinks i'm obsessing becuase I want to know more and talk about it all the time haha!:wacko:

Hello ladies
Can I join this group?

I'm CD12 an done finished my Femara an still waiting to ovulate. I'm about to go a little haywire for now as this waiting is killing me. I sure hope this cycle does good but for now not had a positive on my opk test yet but have had cramping off an on. I;ve been opk testing but not a positive yet. I go friday for a ultrasound an see if ready for a IUI.

I just realized maybe it's etiquette with these type of things to ask permission to join? Sorry ---!! May I please join this group!?

Hey ladies welcome :hugs:

I love my bnb family cause all the ladies are so supportive & all our stories are different so if one can't help another can :)

Inpatientmom- That's great your having an u/s Friday!!! A follicle is basically what they call the egg before its released. anything over 19mm is considered matture but of course the bigger the better :) !! Make sure to ask about your uterine lineing cause if its thick then the egg has a Better chance of sticking.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask :flower:

How long have you been ttc?

Biggerfamily- keep testing hun cause they seem to sneak up lol. How long are your cycles usually?

Jenna- Just keep using it even if its up to 20x a day :haha: You will be surprised how much it helps :D I bet your mom was thrilled about that?? Did she cry??
Head down?? Oh man he is gearing up to get out of there...I bet he is kicking your insides like crazy now lol.
The pubic bone ordeal seems extremely painful... A steel boot??? OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the therapy will help cause that just sunds extremely painful.

Totally off subject but I get a kick out of some of these smiley faces..let me tell a story that I will do up until I O (my excuse to use some faces) :haha:

This is what it will look like....

:dishes: :laundry: :brat: :beer: :sleep: :cloud9: :bfp: :cloud9: :coffee: =x14

Then OVULATION!!!! :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sleep: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sleep: :sex: :laundry: :sleep: :sex:

FAST FOWARD 14 days!!!

:test: :bfp: :happydance: :dance: :headspin: :loopy:

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! :rofl: OMG! That made my day! I love it lol. That's TOTALLY how it is!! Perfectly said.
My days can be summed up pretty easily
:munch: :laundry: :munch: :sad2: :munch: :icecream: :devil: :sad2: :yipee: :munch: :pizza: :lolly: :dishes: :devil: :sad2: :smug: :sleep: :cloud9: :baby: :cloud9:

Not nearly as fun as yours lol I wish I could save that post forever lol.
No, my mom didn't cry lol. Surprisingly, she's so emotional all the time. But if she did cry I would have felt awkward. I have a different kind of relationship with my mom to say the least lol... I hate when she gets emotional.

Hey ladies welcome :hugs:

I love my bnb family cause all the ladies are so supportive & all our stories are different so if one can't help another can :)

Inpatientmom- That's great your having an u/s Friday!!! A follicle is basically what they call the egg before its released. anything over 19mm is considered matture but of course the bigger the better :) !! Make sure to ask about your uterine lineing cause if its thick then the egg has a Better chance of sticking.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask :flower:

How long have you been ttc?

Biggerfamily- keep testing hun cause they seem to sneak up lol. How long are your cycles usually?

Hello there,
I test 3x a day on opk testing. This evening when I tested again my strip had gotten a little darker. I called my RE office today an I'll be going in Friday to have a ultrasound to see how my follies look and if everything looks good then will do my IUI that day. [-o<

You asked about my cycles they use to go like 23 days up to 29days but since I had surgeries just a few weeks ago it may change plus I took femara 4-8 this cycle. I'm [-o< that I get a BFP this cycle as my :cake: is in less than 5 days now. YIKES. I'll be another yr :jo::nope:

Thanks for the welcome also.

I've been getting bfns but no sign of AF, I think I may have ovulated very late on Clomid though so for now am still in...

Thanks for the warm welcome!! :thumbup:

Ok so, when I go tomorrow, I should ask how many mm the follicle(s) is? Or do they tell you that?And ask them how my uterine lining is looking, ok. GREAT ADVICE!! THANK YOU. I read something somewhere about taking Robitussin to help with the uterine lining?? Is that accurate or no? Is there anything else I should do to increace conception? I know i'm being impatient but I really am hoping that I get prego on this round, even though it's just my first.

I have been prego twice, once successfully - I have a 5 year old :happydance::happydance: who is obviously my world.

We have been TTC for 9 months.

Hi Biggerfamily --
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! We both go in tomorrow for our u/s to check out our follicles. I hope we are both pleasantly surprised!

My doc mentioned something about IUI if the Clomid doesn't do the trick for us. I have to admit I don't know much about it. I feel like I'm just now wrapping my brain around this whole process.

Keep us posted on your U/S!!!!

Impatientmom- I would also be peeing on OPKs if you aren't bring monitored every few days through ultrasound. This will make sure you know when you are ovulating.

I think they normally tell you the size of the follicles. I haven't responded to clomid yet (on my last round of clomid 150mg right now) so they just normally tell me that there are none bigger than 10mm. Some people also respond late to clomid so don't be surprised if it takes until CD20 for the follicles to mature.

Hi, TypeA TTC! Thanks for that advice. I've never used OPKs before, but from reading on these threads, some of them aren't so great? Is there a specific kind I should use? I guess I should be doing that starting tomorrow (CD10)?

How long have you been TTC? Wow you are on 150mg, are the side effects worse with that dosage? Where are you in your cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->