February 2013 Testers + clomid/ Femara

Jenna I love all your pictures!! They turned out great!!! <3

Your due within a month!! How are you feeling these days??

Ladies I hope me feeling like this give me a BFP in a few days but right now I'm scared it's not going to. I don't want to see another - on a test. I"m really scared for now due to the cramping I've had off an on.

Hopin4ABump any NEWS yet?

Too the other ladies I'll be stalking you all to.

Good Luck Everyone..

I haven't been at this very long (since September 12) but have already done femara and clomid. Neither produced a mature follicle. My understanding is the pills trick you brain into producing FSH (the hormone that makes your follies grow and mature). Apparently my brain was not tricked so I am now going to have daily injections of he actual hormone FSH that should make my follies grow and mature. Then I will take the trigger shot to make me ovulate. Then I will have an IUI. And then I will hope I get preg. It's about a 20% chance from what I read. My hubby has "excellent sperm" so it's just mee that can't grow mature follicles.

But I'm am hopeful that now we are on the right track with injections. They will be daily injections and I'll go to the FS every other day to be checked bc overstimulation is a common problem (even though I highly doubt it will be for me).

SO basically you're TOO SMART for Clomid. Wonder what that says about me?! :haha::haha:

FX's for AF~ I'm telling you, I have a great feeling about this month!!!

JENNA!!! your pictures look GREAT!!!! and so do YOU! Talk about GLOWING, wow. You wear pregnancy well!! not much longer now <3

OK Ladies, my Doctor called, FINALLY, but of course, I MISSED it. She left a voicemail, and here it is word for word:

"Your progesterone level was excellent, consistent with ovluation, so that's great news!"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::dust::dance::headspin::yipee::wohoo::loopy:

wahoooooooooooooo! :happydance:

I have a question for everyone!! So on FF I put our intercourse the day after... Well Im not sure when to put it because we BD'd friday night but it was technically midnight... then saturday night it was around 1230.. So do I Put that day or the next. I hope this makes sense

I would put the same day even if it was midnight, but that's just me. To me it's not tomorrow until I've been in bed sleeping and got back up! Haha but I'm not sure if that same rule applies here...?

I would put the same day even if it was midnight, but that's just me. To me it's not tomorrow until I've been in bed sleeping and got back up! Haha but I'm not sure if that same rule applies here...?

thats what I was thinking too but it somehow cancelled out one of our bd's..

Thank you ladies! I'm feeling....as good as I can feel at this point I think lol. I feel heavy.. and my pubic bone is KILLING me, it almost puts me in tears sometimes. But luckily it tends to ease off as the day goes on its mostly in the morning. That's my biggest complaint though overall I think I'm doing pretty well. Just anxious to meet this little guy. We finally got our crib and the nursery is coming together. It's getting so much more real with it set up! And my baby shower is this Saturday :)

Hopin4ABump, congratulations on your levels that's great news!
Lei, I would count it as the same night even though its technically "past midnight"
BiggerFamily, I had on and off cramping before my BFP! Don't let that discourage you trust me, I thought for sure AF was on her way!

SO, who all on here has done IUI? It's, like $900 or something isn't it?

You see, my hubby's sperm count is 'normal-low', so my OBGYN said it wasn't anything to be overly concerned about but he doesn't have any super sperm :spermy: or overacheivers in his bunch. (she didn't word it like that but you get my point ;))

i'm worried that, even though the Clomid helped me O, i still might not conceive because his swimmers aren't too competitive with each other lol i know i'm overthinking things. i can't help it.

My doc did mention IUI, she said if Clomid didn't work that it was our next step, but how long do I waste time with Clomid instead of just doing IUI + Clomid? And how frequently does IUI work on the first round?

I need to take a vacation lol too bad i can't :drunk: or i'd just drown my worries and forget about it, at least until AF shows up.

I FORGOT to mention that my OBGYN said it takes 6-8 weeks to get in with the RE once she refers me..to even think about starting IUI

I'm feeling a little better for right now the cramping has stopped but later maybe back again. They come an go an it just scares me afraid get bad news in a few days. I know my progesterone for ovulation was great but I'm still very nervous now.

I've not told my DH how I feel as I don't want to bring him done an break his hope.

Jenna_KA- Thanks for the support an comment you said. I hope I do get a BFP soon but I'm so scared with all the cramping I've had off an on more now. I enjoyed at least looking at your bump that is so cute. :flower:

Hopin4ABump. I wished they had told you the number still. I'll keep my FX for you to get a BFP very soon. Plus the rest of the ladies.

Going to go an try wash clothes as just really tired to.

Hopin- I have never done it but discussed it with my FS. If Im not mistaking when I last checked it was about 500 for the procedure & 200 for them to check my eggs & another 150 for the trigger.

Do you know what your DH's count was? Only reason I ask is because my DH also had low-normal count. Before it was 14mil & the last SA we had was 31mil.

My FS didn't recomment IUI at first because he said his numbers could get me pregnant but if I wanted a baby right then & there then to go ahead & do it. I think my fear is it not working & all the money gone to waste.

If this month & Jan is a bust then DH & I planned on doing IUI in Feb :D Im really praying we wont need it though!

Hopin4abump- here's what I know. If you can do the IUI do it....husband has super sperm but we are still doing it because it puts all the sperm right there. Also clomid makes your cm ver thick and it's hard for the sperm to survive through it all...making it less likely that they will find the egg.

From my research it's about a 20% success rate and that increases every time you have an IUI. So I was so nervous about it but I am so looking forward to it because it increases our chances. Also DH and I will BD the day of and after the IUI so you will never really know what worked if you do get pregnant!!

The actual process doesn't seem that bad either. Like a pelvic exam.

At this point I am asking for everything they will give me to increase our chances. I will do three IUI cycles and then head to IVF. I'm not spring chicken so I need to get crackin!

Oddly enough I randomly asked how much the clomd/IUI cycle would be (before learning I had 0 mature follicles) without insurance and they said $950 out of pocket. Thankfully I am blessed with insurance that will cover it all.

Hopefully I will go through it this cycle. So I can be the guinea pig!!

I took mine before bed as well the first month & I had no side effects from it so I would strongly recommend it.

I took my first Femara pill last night around 10pm and I didn't have any side effects throughout the night! \\:D/

Good Luck Everyone!

Thank you, Lei and typeA for your responses!
you know what, come to think of it I'm pretty sure my insurance does cover conception procedures, at least to an extent. I need to look into that.
I'm really thinking that, if I don't get a BFP with Clomid this month, that I will do the IUI. I just don't want to be silly, and impatient. But we've already been TTC for 10 months and when you think about the 2 additional months it could take to get in to see the RE, it kind of makes sense to mention it to my OBGYN if this cycle of Clomid doesn't work.

I will be VERY interested to see how the IUI works for you, guinea pig ;)

biggerfamily---are you still planning to test Friday?:hugs:

I really don't want to due to afraid to see a - but my RE nurse said I've got to so they know the answer. Then if a - then I tell them an then stop my Prometrium suppositorie an look for AF. Gosh I hope don't have to see a - again. I want so bad to have a BFP this month due to just had my birthday.

If not will try an figure out when can have another IUI an all. OH BOY. PRaying it's a + instead of a - here in a few days.

You was asking about IUI cost I believe for us it cost us 420.00 for IUI that is count washing the sperm but if need a trigger shot that's another 70 bucks.

What is your DH sperm count an such? Do you have a copy of his SA if so can you post all the information about his sperm?

LDizzy30- I took femara 4-8 this last cycle an only side effects have from it is a lot of cramping in ovaries an took mine in the evening but if I got to take it again next cycle I'm going to take mine first thing in the mornings. I love femara it rocks....

ugh, Lei, I cannot remember his count...we had that done so long ago in the beginning of this process and i just don't remember. i will ask the next time i'm visiting the OBGYN though because i didn't know it mattered as much as it truly does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->