February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Hi ladies

Isaac was born on 7th, the day before his due date in a speedy 3 hour labour. Been told if I have another to seriously consider a home birth as it's an hour to the hospital in good traffic.

He weighed in at 7lb 3, over half a pound bigger than my first and when he was last weighed at 10 days old had put on 10ozs.

we are currently bf, which I am really proud of as I had a load of issues with my first but this has been really easy in comparison.

The only difficulty at all is that he is a clingy baby who doesn't like to be put down. He is slowly getting better which is good as there is only so much tv and tablet my 2 yr old can take before he gets bored.

Hi February mommies! :wave: My little Emerson Rose was born on February 4th and weighed 2 lbs 8 oz. She wasn't supposed to be here until April 12th though! She's still in the NICU, but she's getting better every day and I look forward to when I can take her home with us. She now 3 lbs 6 oz. SO jealous of all you breastfeeding moms. I wanted to breastfeed Emmy so I started out pumping. I was having supply issues and between that and the NICU I was just too stressed out. I gave up pumping this past week, but I still have a freezer stash so for now she is still being fed exclusively breast milk, but I feel so guilty that it's going to run out and she'll be on formula. Anywho, I'm a first time mom so I'm still pretty clueless. I don't have much experience with babies so I'm super nervous with her. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies and learn this parenting thing along the way. Here's me holding her at a week old and a picture of my girl from the other day just before she turned a month old.
https://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag302/emersonrose2014/IMG_0462_zps14e6892f.jpg
https://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag302/emersonrose2014/IMG_0623_zps2446ae0f.jpg

Emerson is gorgeous - so glad she is doing well in the nicu :) do you know when she'll be able to come home?

Hi everyone! My little boy Joshua was due 15th Feb but came after a very speedy labour on the 28th. My labour was so quick we didn't actually make it to hospital, my husband delivered him in our car on the side of the road haha! I was totally in denial about how far along I was, until we were going over speed bumps in the car lol.

Joshua was born at 6.47am weighing 9lb 3oz, and my 'midwife' was so skilled I didn't even tear, so I was lucky enough not to need stitches.

I am breastfeeding - had a few issues such as mastitis (still on antibiotics) and Joshua also had a tongue tie which was snipped yesterday :( worst thing I've ever experienced but he doesn't seem phased and has been feeding better ever since :)

I also have a 2year old daughter called Rosie :) x

So pleased to see more and more members and their babies!

We are all so lucky to have these wonderful little people in our lives.
Jessica took her first 3oz today, totally knocked her out though as she sleep for 3 hrs too, missed the entire church toddler group and that's with musical instruments and shouting toddlers near her. Don't think we will need to buy the micro baby nappies any more after this pack finishes she's really growing (though her arms and legs still look like little sparrows)

TMI question...who has had sex since baby has been born?

Our kettle broke today too, cue me panicking that I won't be able to make any bottles up. Luckily co-op had one so we're back up and running.

PandaMao your little one is sooo precious. I hope she's home with you soon. What a tiny dot xx

Sex? You must be joking! It's only been 10 days since he arrived and I have three sets of stitches. Most of all though, if I get any spare time I plan to spend it napping!

Actually it's probably why we have so many kids. Maybe we should get a tv in our room lol

Sex oh no! I had my second episiotomy this time and remember from last time that it still wasn't comfortable 7 weeks afterwards. I won't even consider it for a while even though I have a lot less damage compared to last time, only 20 mins to stitch me up compared to a hour last time.

Will be back up and running for sexy time as soon as I stop bloody bleeding!! So annoying. It's almost stopped but still ughhh.

Still bleeding so no sex here...i'll probably wait till 6 week check Because i'm paranoid - after my dd1 was born i had some real issues getting back to having sex comfortably and i don't want that to happen again!

What is sex? I had an episiotomy and it took the doc an hour to stitch me up add that to hemeroids and i dont think anyone is going near there for a good while lol

Can I join in?

My names josie and my little lad was born at home in the pool the day before his due date at 6lbs 11. It was the perfect delivery. However, we were refered to hospital two days later for jaundice, where he spent a week of phototherapy on the neonatal unit. I have a 13 month age gap between mine which keeps me extremely busy :) x

Sex is a long way off In my mind - I can barely move from the c section and still bleeding and far too tired !!

we havent had sex yet, but I so want to, but I am scared :(
i dont feel normal down there, i am so scared about a prolapse :( x

Hell no lol ! After c section I'm afraid ill pop my stitches !! Also got a lovely dose of cystitis and have to take anti biotics .... Although I would mind lol ....... Think ill wait till 6 week check too :)

Can i join?
My names georgina i had my second child on tuesday 4th march a lil girl named lacey weighing 8lb 4oz. My birth story is on my signature. Im trying my best with breastfeeding and topping up with a cup as my supply asnt fully come in yet(altho finding it quite painful) Any tips welcome x

No sex for me either. I am still fighting off the infection in my uterus, so I am too scared to go anywhere near that member for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->