• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Hi I'm hayley and I'm a STM too Alex! Info in my sig! Currently bf too which is going well but would love more sleep!

This month the boys have 6 appts between them which is heavy going! Hip scanfor Alex for being breech and Ethan having dysplasia, physio for Alex as he has positional talipes, we are hoping to avoid the ponsetti treatment an treat wih just manipulation. Ethan has an appt to check an apparent squire which I don't think is necessary but this was at hv request.. (Sigh..) he has a check up with his consultant for his talipes (bilateral and treated by ponsetti method) and he starts his second set of speech therapy and there are 2appts this month. We don't drive so can defo add up! Oh has driving lessons tho! Very busy month for us!

Look forward to getting to know all of u!

Wow, busy busy! Congrats on your recent engagement by the way :happydance:

Realised i never posted a pic of my lo - here is florence in all her milky dribble glory:

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Dark_side_ofthe_moon/20140309_173912_zps9rpgrrec.jpg

Hmmm... We're supposed to be feeding our LO every 3 hours but from 4-6.30 he's basically fed for 30 mins, had a 30 min nap, then another 15 mins, then had 3 lots of expressed breast milk. It's supposed to start all over again in 10 mins time at 7pm. What do I do?!

As my midwife told me , watch the baby not the clock ! I've given up with " due times " as LO just has such a randowm appetite . Like that sometimes he will feed every 20 mins and others he will go three hours . There no reason to it !! Or no pattern . I'm just going with if he is hungry feed him lol ..... Simple not complicated ad has taken the stress out of it for me .

So to answer your question , I wouldn't wake him if asleep but I would feed him at 7 if he is awake and looking for it . If not I'd let him sleep until he wakes looking to be fed and then if ya want start counting your 3 hours from the next feed . Babies can cluster feed at times of growth so will do what yours has just done , might do it for a day or two but might not do it for another month !!! All normal apparently :)

aww shes gorgeous i need to figure out how To post photos

Hmmm... We're supposed to be feeding our LO every 3 hours but from 4-6.30 he's basically fed for 30 mins, had a 30 min nap, then another 15 mins, then had 3 lots of expressed breast milk. It's supposed to start all over again in 10 mins time at 7pm. What do I do?!
Id also Let lo sleep how u getting on with breastfeeding?

I just feed on demand also.. lo would never go for a schedule haha. I hope he drops a night feed soon (yeah im selfish lol) I would love to sleep for four hours!!!! Last night he took a feed for an hour at 1
30 am ish and was up again at 3 for a feed. Seems like constant cluster feeding !

Id also Let lo sleep how u getting on with breastfeeding?

Still finding it difficult. He seems to suck much more consistently if I use a nipple shield so I'm wondering if it's my nipples causing the problem. When I go au natural he just does a few sucks then either freaks out or falls asleep. I'm still expressing after every feed too which is hard because it reduces my 'in between feeds' time. The midwife is coming to weigh him again tomorrow so I guess we'll see how things are going then.

I just feed on demand also.. lo would never go for a schedule haha. I hope he drops a night feed soon (yeah im selfish lol) I would love to sleep for four hours!!!! Last night he took a feed for an hour at 1
30 am ish and was up again at 3 for a feed. Seems like constant cluster feeding !

I'd prefer to feed on demand but when I did that he wasn't demanding it enough and so he didn't put on any weight :(

Wow, busy busy! Congrats on your recent engagement by the way :happydance:

Thanks! A bit crazy to get engaged and give birth in one week!
Feeding wise u learnt a lot from when I had Ethan so I am finding bf easier then it was with him.
Struggling with his wind tho x

Popples my LO does the freaking out
too , every time , few sucks then a freak out !! Even though nipple is in his mouth . Seems to be that he just hasn't quite figured that out in that moment that he actually has what he wants in his mouth ! I just take him off and put him back on again . Might take us a few goes with a few freak outs before he latches properly but if I stay calm he eventually gets it !!!

I am demand feeding, he generally goes about 3 hours between feeds. DS1 came home from nursery with a stinking cold and has given in to everyone including LO so he struggling at the moment and is pretty much attached to me 24/7. That combined with some serious wind issues mean that I haven't sleep for more than 1 1/2 hours at a time in a few days.

I'm thinking about going to the local breast feeding group to get our latch looked at again. As he must be taking on too much air to cause him so much discomfort and he also coughs and chokes while feeding sometimes.

I did express a bottle yesterday. I got 3oz and decided that would be about enough but he didn't take to the bottle when OH gave it to him and only took 2 oz and was hungry again 1 1/2 later. I have to go out Saturday afternoon for a few hours so I need to have enough stored for then so I need to do quite a bit of pumping over the next few days.

Demand feeding here too....
Rufus sleeps like an angel for hours at a time during the day but seems to feed constantly thru the night.... Anyone got any ideas how to swap this around?!?!

I ff so it's different for me I guess, but unless it was for medical reasons I wouldn't wake my own babies if they were sleeping.

Jessica is 4weeks old today, and because of February being a shorter month it means she's a month old too. I cannot believe how fast it's going by already. I need to take hundreds of more photos!

I ff so it's different for me I guess, but unless it was for medical reasons I wouldn't wake my own babies if they were sleeping.

Jessica is 4weeks old today, and because of February being a shorter month it means she's a month old too. I cannot believe how fast it's going by already. I need to take hundreds of more photos!

i have got over 1000 pics already :/ lol xx

I've noticed I have taken a lot less photos this time than last time. I surpose the first time I had all the time in the world now I'm running around after a 2 year old

I have definitely noticed the difference between my first and this baby. Love them all to bits but things are so different when there's more than 1 little body to chase!

This is one of the reasons I feel like such an awful mummy. I hate waking him up but if I don't he will go ages between feeds and not much weight on. It's really getting me down :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->