• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Can i join?
My names georgina i had my second child on tuesday 4th march a lil girl named lacey weighing 8lb 4oz. My birth story is on my signature. Im trying my best with breastfeeding and topping up with a cup as my supply asnt fully come in yet(altho finding it quite painful) Any tips welcome x

No tips but plenty of sympathy here. I'm finding breastfeeding SO hard. My little one was really mucusy at first and didn't want to latch. He's getting better at it now but feeds take forever and I'm topping him up with expressed milk. I'm so used to measuring his intake from when I was doing EBM/FF in hospital that I'm finding it hard to trust what he's getting from my breast. I've also been told to express after each feed to increase my supply. It seems to help but means there is no time for anything else!

x[/QUOTE]

No tips but plenty of sympathy here. I'm finding breastfeeding SO hard. My little one was really mucusy at first and didn't want to latch. He's getting better at it now but feeds take forever and I'm topping him up with expressed milk. I'm so used to measuring his intake from when I was doing EBM/FF in hospital that I'm finding it hard to trust what he's getting from my breast. I've also been told to express after each feed to increase my supply. It seems to help but means there is no time for anything else![/QUOTE]

I agree it is very hard trusting in how much etc when u cant measure. Lacey also seems to need feeding every hr which is hard going. Im also expressing to try and top up my supply and giving ebm to top up.

I had sex after 4 weeks, although I had no tearing and no stitches so felt pretty normal quite quickly. However I'm wishing I'd waited longer as now hubby is trying it on fairly regularly and I a) can't get in the mood as our daughter is in the room making all her lovely baby noises b) feel totally unsexy with my wobbly belly, stretch marks and big milky boobs and c) really can't be arsed in general, particularly after wakeful nights! Really wish I'd milked it for longer :-s he is nice when I put him off but feel guilty! xxx

I do feel in the minority here then regarding getting back to our normal sex life. I'm terrible, cant keep my hands off DH.

Its hard to think Jessica will be 4 weeks old on Monday, its flown by already.

I do feel in the minority here then regarding getting back to our normal sex life. I'm terrible, cant keep my hands off DH.

I'd be with you if I could ha ha I'm gagging for it :haha::blush:
But still bleeding so a no go for the moment. And like others have said I am nervous about first time. No tears just a graze which I think has healed but my body is completely different and not in a good way at the moment. We stopped DTD last couple months of pregnancy as well as I was just so big and hips hurt so much so it's been a long long time.....

I hear you cause my LO is going to be one month tomorrow!! :shock:

How often are your lo's feeding - ds is bottle fed and feeding every two hours about 1/2oz and sleeping in between not really any awake time in between , he's having wet and dirty nappies and seems happy and hydrated so I guess that it's ok right ?

We're waking Leo for a feed every three hours. Sometimes he wants feeding for much of the three hours though which is a bit confusing in terms of scheduling! He sleeps a lot in between though we get brief periods where he'll have a look around...

I think as long as you're getting wet/dirty nappies and LO is putting on weight, you're doing fine.

I had real issues with my first and feeding got so stressed because she didn't take much and fussed really badly it took hours to feed her, ds doesn't fuss and I feed him ôn demand he just doesn't seem to tske mûch - I lnow their tummies are still small, hoping hv coming Monday will weigh him and that he is ok -,at a week old I guess he is just trying to find his feet

My little man is 5 weeks Monday and he generaly goes 3-4 hours during the day although it can be shorter, (this past couple of weeks he has more awake time between feeds) and the past 2 nights he has only woke 1ce for a feed at about 2 or 3

I demand feed my lo but generally get abput 2hrs between feeds in the day then one 4 hour stretch at night which to be honest i'm auite impeessed by!

I'm also demand feeding my girl. She eatsvabout every 2.5 hours during the day, with her last feed about 10pm. She has been waking once most nights at about 3.30, although a couple of nights she has slept right through! Last week I think she had a wee growth spurt as she woke 3 times a night, 3 nights in a row before settling back to her usual behaviour xxx

Jessica feeds roughly every 3hrs, 2oz normally. Seems to have a but of a late night feast at around 10pm and can have up to 4oz! Still making 2oz bottles though as I dont want to waste any milk, and she still seems so small.
Had a good night last night once I'd swaddled her in her cot.
Currently just me and dd3 up this morning, its quite nice. Load of laundry in and dd3 in bath, I can see sunshine! Now that's a great start to a Sunday xx

Lo feeds at least every 2-3hours during the day and has three feeds at night completely at random; last night was 1.30, 3.00 and 5 then we got up at 7.30 :) I have express fed twice and both times he finished 4 0z ! And had to go on the boob after finishing it, so I am really struggling to express enough to make the occasional bottle he must just be greedy lol. He didn't loose any birth weight at his first weigh in and at the second had gained 10 oz in a week :0 chunk!

Its so great to see them grow though isn't it. Think I'll be packing away the tiny baby size clothes after the next wash

Its so reassuring to here of others doing just as you are :) my LO demand feeds during the day varies from anything to 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours and from a " drink" to a " feast " depending on where he is at . He tends to have a feast about 10 and I wake him before I go to bed at 12 for a top up . Most times he won't take it ! Then usually get 4-4.30 hours out of him before he wakes . He always goes straight back to sleep . He is good as gold and I can't believe my luck with only waking once per night .

He has put on 1lb 6oz in 10 days !!!! I have expressed and fed from bottle one feed a day for Oh to be involved , he will guzzle 3-4 oz easily in that sitting and then 20-40 mins later look for a top up ! Its so great hearing how you are all getting on :)

I'm feeding Jacob every 2-3 hours and he'll have about three feeds in the night. Although today he's been sick after every feed :( I'm on antibiotics for my stitches so wondering if that's got anything to do with it? On another note, it's nearly 4pm and I haven't cried today (there's still the evening to come!) - hoping these blues disappear soon x

Its so reassuring to here of others doing just as you are :) my LO demand feeds during the day varies from anything to 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours and from a " drink" to a " feast " depending on where he is at . He tends to have a feast about 10 and I wake him before I go to bed at 12 for a top up . Most times he won't take it ! Then usually get 4-4.30 hours out of him before he wakes . He always goes straight back to sleep . He is good as gold and I can't believe my luck with only waking once per night .

He has put on 1lb 6oz in 10 days !!!! I have expressed and fed from bottle one feed a day for Oh to be involved , he will guzzle 3-4 oz easily in that sitting and then 20-40 mins later look for a top up ! Its so great hearing how you are all getting on :)

What a good little boy letting his mummy sleep, 4 hours would be amazing!!! Great that he's put on a good amount too :) We've got our 10day check up tomorrow, can't wait to see what he weighs now.

I know I can't quite believe it !!!!! Let us know how you get on Banana

Been awol trying to breastfeed last couple of days. Just read back on all the posts. My lo will feed for about 40 min then feed again an hr or so later. Im so tired she also seems to feed for 3 hr straight. Im so unsure with breastfeeding that om getting it right and topping up with formula aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->