February 2014 thread for new mums :)

well Lacey was a march baby as 12 days late so quite a bit younger than your los but she loves to chatter, shes constantly making noises. she doesn't really cry very often but shouts quite a lot lol. she can roll both ways and grabs things really well she can sit well supported but not on her own completely. he favourite person is her brother Charlie whenever he laughs she laughs its the cutest thing ever x

Haha, we have the pretend cough too. Little attention seekers! :)

My LO can roll from front to back quite easily but he's having to put a lot of practice in to master rolling back to front, he's done it a couple of times but usually gets his arms stuck. He's also grabbing everything and shoving it in his mouth. He's not far off sitting up on his own; he can balance for a few seconds if I let him go but does still topple over, bless!

William got really steady really fast with sitting didn't take long from first sitting supported to sitting unsupported think he is a bit lazy with the rolling and can't believe he has forgotten how to go from front to back lol. Things have been goinv in his mouth for ages now and he even managed to put his dummy back in and go back to sleep thismorning so maybe mammy will get a full night sleep soon lol

I love hearing about all our feb / march babies :) I also would love photo updates :)
Sean love to talk and is so so nosey !!! Looking at people is his favourite thing !!! He is a social little thing and is constantly smiling at strangers in ques ! He is a wee lazy bugger when it comes to rolling as he doesn't concentrate long enough on himself lol. He is rolling from front to back with ease and is practising back to front !

I have a right faff on trying to upload pictures as it keeps telling me the file is to large :cry:

Hello ladies,

I haven't be on here much lately as I went back to work a couple of days a week a few weeks ago. It was earlier than planned but it's nice to ease back in rather than go full time straight away.

Isaac will be 6 months old next week, where has all the time gone!

Isaac adores his brother. He only has to walk into the room and he kicks his leg in excitement and grins. He also "chats" to him to get his attention. The more interactive Isaac gets the more interested Adam is in playing with him. You should see them in the bath splashing each other.

Isaac is getting much better at sitting up. He can sit up for short periods of time before having to put his hands down for support. He rolls from back to front all the time and can do front to back but prefers to yell to be rolled back over. All his rolling makes me realise how lazy his brother was a baby as he never rolled anywhere.

We have had a little bit of commando crawling already and he never stays where I put him. I'm going to need eyes in the back of my head when he really gets going.

He generally sleeps through the night and has done since he dropped his last night feed 6 weeks ago. We started solids about a week and half ago and he loves his food. I'm going to start breakfast tomorrow.

He is much less clingy now. He will happily go to sleep by himself in his cot now rather than needing to sleep on me. Naps are still a little bit hit and miss but that's staying asleep rather than going sleep that's the issue.

His little personality is starting to come through. He is a lot more weary of people than his brother was, he is going to be the naughty ones he is just so into everything. He's also really nosey. He's already learnt how to turn his mobile on and off. My OH went to tell DS1 off for playing with it the other day and was surprised to find Isaac pressing the buttons.

He's a little picture for you, it's the best I've got on my ipad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4
I may be late to the party on this one but I really need to share - my LO settled himself to sleep for the first time tonight. He went down in his crib drowsy, eyes popped open and was promptly wide awake. He likes to kick his legs, play with the cot bumper and giggle to himself. After about 5 mins he started moaning quietly to himself (I guess it's his wind down noise - he does it as he falls asleep in my arms or the car too) and then another 5-10 mins after that he was sound asleep. Clever boy! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

What a clever boy :) its super to know they can settle themselves :)
Well I did it , I left the room lol.... And guess what happened ...... Nothing ...... He kicked alot and tossed and turned , played with his feet ..... Then went to sleep without a sound being made !!! I've been made redundant !!! I usually rock him to sleep if he isn't already asleep on the bottle but looks like there is no need :( I know its a good thing and something I should be thankful for !!! Will have to practice putting him down awake this week .

Advice needed if he doesn't settle or crys should I pick him up and rock him or just comfort him and put him down again ?? STM ????

I would just comfort him and put him back down.

I don't even pick Isaac up unless he is really going for it, most times he just needs a bit of a shhh pat to resettle.

What a clever boy :) its super to know they can settle themselves :)
Well I did it , I left the room lol.... And guess what happened ...... Nothing ...... He kicked alot and tossed and turned , played with his feet ..... Then went to sleep without a sound being made !!! I've been made redundant !!! I usually rock him to sleep if he isn't already asleep on the bottle but looks like there is no need :( I know its a good thing and something I should be thankful for !!! Will have to practice putting him down awake this week .

Advice needed if he doesn't settle or crys should I pick him up and rock him or just comfort him and put him down again ?? STM ????

Haha, isn't it funny? I was like 'erm... Have I been wasting my time rubbing your tummy and pinning your arms all these weeks?!'. I'm sure it won't work perfectly every night but at least we know it can be done!

well done to all the babies settling themselves, Lacey cant settle herself originally but does re-settle herself in the night lol soi dunno. I will try and figure out how to put some up to date piccies on hope everyones enjoying the summer weather x

a>

This one is Lacey with her big brother Charlie

a>

Hey guys its gone awfully quite on here :) hope everyone is well . I would love to hear how you are all getting on and see pic of your Lo,s :)

Sean is getting so big and laughs at everything . He is a funny little guy :)

I'm starting now to feel like I'm always feeding William the same things and struggling for some new ideas, he has now had curry and bolognese and he manages fine with them. I need to find some new recipes and have a cooking day to restock the freezer

Hi I'm exactly the same !! But I've not yet ventured onto meat . Sweet potato is my new friend !! That and carrot !! I tried LO on baked beans and grated cheese today he loved it ! Bought some whit fish so going to do fish and mash tommrow . So far he has had , beans , peas carrots broccoli potatoes , sweet potatoes , butternut squash , formage , melon , strwberrys , banana , porridge , weekabix , cheese, plum .... Think that's about it .

What else have you given ? When did you introduce meat ? I don't purée now just mash it up . He manages fine .

I started giving salmon and meat when he turned 6 months as well as giving cheese, havn't tried beans yet or pasta so looking for a pasta recipe now to make him, just want a range of things so I can have a choice of what to give him. He loves the annabel karmel lovely lentils recipe but don't want to just keep giving that today it was all he would eat coz his gums are bothering him and he's got a cold poor thing

I didn't puree Williams food for very long at all I started just mashing after a couple weeks when he got used to the idea of eating food and not just having milk

You guys are so much more adventurous than I!
Maybe it's because I'm stuck in the USA. :rofl:

I hadn't even imagined until now that Tyler might be able to handle all of that yet!

We are doing pretty good though. :) So far he has tried butternut squash, carrots, green beans, avocado, banana and broccoli. All of it has been given in a puree form. The butternut squash is definitely his favorite of what we have tried so far.

Question though- How will I know when to try bigger and more diverse things?? Hellllp. :rofl:

In other news, he has started crawling-kind of. He can go in circles and backwards but he hasn't quite figured out forwards yet. Teething is in full swing and it's a pain. I honestly don't know how to make it better and it upsets me a great deal.

He is growing so fast! He is 17 pounds and 27 inches tall! I feel like time is just slipping away.

Attachments

• tybug.jpg
    tybug.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1
  • tybug2.jpg
    tybug2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics