February 2015 Rainbows

Thanks ladies for the kind words! I actually had an appointment today - made it easier to wait it out last night for sure! - and all looked good at 8w5d! Lil' bean was much bigger this time around, measuring on time and with a heartbeat of 179bpm. :cloud9: SO relieved! I mentioned to the doc about my spotting and she gave me progesterone to take until my next appointment next month. I'm not a big medicine-taker so I'm a little nervous about it, but I will do whatever I need to make sure this little one comes out happy and healthy in the end!

Laodicean and Raspberry - :happydance::happydance: yay for good scans! Very happy to hear things progressing well for you both!

How is everyone else doing? Katy, looking forward to hearing about your u/s on Thursday!

Woofie, glad that everything is good and your bean is measuring right on track! I am not a fan of meds, but I am taking progesterone suppositories since I got my bfp, I didn't notice any side effects...though I would take anything to keep the twins safe! :)

Raspberry, beautiful scan! Congrats!

Back from vacation, anxious for my next appointment in two weeks, and totally wiped. Not sure if it's jetlag or pregnancy. Glad to hear of the happy scans.

Awesome pics, Raspberry!

Great news, woofie!

AFM, getting nervous about my u/s tomorrow. I will let you know how it went as soon as I can.

so happy for all you ladies getting such great ultrasounds :) Im also incredibly jealous as waiting for August 4th is taking so long :p

Wonderful scan Raspberry!!! And lovely news Woolfie. My bean's hr is high like that as well. <3
Mini- I totally feel you with the post nasal drip. It makes me queasy. So pregnancy on top of bad seasonal allergies is no bueno. :(
I have my NT scan next Tuesday. My DH and DD are coming to it to spy on squishers. I am hoping I'll be able to get the tech to take a stab at gender. My DH who was all gung-ho about finding out gender ASAP has decided he can wait and it doesn't matter one way or the other. Jerk weed. My DD and I still want to know. If they won't guess next week (I'll be 12w2d!!!!!!) then I am hoping at our next level 2 to check for cleft lip/pallet, which my DH has. That one should be 14-15w.

I saw my baby today :cloud9:.
Measuring 8+6, heart beating. I'm so happy!
No scan pic though.

Lovely to see lots of good news, long may it continue! :thumbup:

On a TMI note, I've noticed over the last few days that my discharge has a very strange smell to it (not unpleasant) that I can only describe as metallic. It's strong and almost a blood-like, iron smell and although I've had bits of brown discharge, there's nowhere near enough old blood in it to smell like it does. I've been taking prenatal vitamins for a long, long time too so doubt it's the extra iron in those. Is it my haywire sense of smell or does anyone else have this? :blush: x

Jealous of all the scans! Mine isn't until next friday!

I did get the sea bands, they took a lot of the nausea away and made it bearable, so would totally recommend them.

Really nice to see everyone getting good scans, mines not till the 28th but keeping fingers crossed I'll have good news like you ladies

Sorry for being a misery guts but I feel really low today. I'm so angry that my loss is tainting this pregnancy and the constant worry and stress (and that damn brown discharge, grrr!) is stopping me from enjoying it and looking forward.

Going to call EPAU this week and hope they scan me so at least I'll know whether the brown discharge is anything to worry about.

My DD is being a real pain waking at 4.30am every day so I don't think the tiredness is helping my perception of things. :sleep:

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing? MiniBump how are you?

I put on jeans this morning to go in to work, they have been buttoned maybe 5 minutes all day. The bloat is in full effect. BUT - I don't feel nauseous, so today is a good day!

Happy baby dust to all of you, hope your day is going well!

MiniBump, I totally understand how you feel. Though I'm trying to remain upbeat and positive, I find myself over-analyzing every little thing about this pregnancy and am actually half-way dreading my ultrasound as I'm terrified they'll tell me something is wrong. I had hoped that a year and a half of time to heal might stop me from being so jaded about my first loss (since my second was an earlier loss, and I've crossed that threshold), but apparently I was wrong. Guess the mind games never fadeeeee.

8pm and I'm ready for bed. LOL

my next scan date is on the would have been due date for the baby i lost... and im scared its a bad sign.

my next scan date is on the would have been due date for the baby i lost... and im scared its a bad sign.

I would take it as a good sign. DH and I found out we were expecting again on our first baby's due date, and so far everything has gone perfectly for us. I think the one you lost will look over and look after this one. :hugs:

Another day of not-buttoned pants for me. I don't even care. It feels SO much better. I probably should do the hairband thing or something though so I'm not just walking around the office with my pants undone.

For ladies who have done this before or those ahead of me, when did you give to the maternity clothes? I'm not there yet but wondering when is an acceptable time to take that trip. :) I was thinking like 16 weeks, depending on the bump of course!

I'm fine thanks Woofie, just not handling this pregnancy with as much poise and grace as the first time around! I just feel tired, bleugh and bloated and the heat's not helping! :nope:

I think I gave into maternity trousers around 14 weeks last time but I'm very slim and my trousers were already well fitted before I was pregnant. Tops were ok, I just wore loose fitting, longer tops a size bigger than normal and that saw me through.

Thanks swanxxsong, I guess it never never really leaves you!

I'm sure you'll be fine MrsLemon, have you asked if they have any other appointments available if it's really playing on your mind? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"