February 2015 Rainbows

Some significant corresponding dates with this rainbow and my loss so fingers crossed it means something. I am not taking it as a bad sign at all.

xx

Hi ladies, just wanted to ask how your all doing with weight gain..

I`ve not put on a single pound, and yet wake up every morning bloated I have`nt been practically making amazing choices... pre-pregnancy i could look at food and put on weight..

Mrs lemon up until before my weekend away I hadn't put on a single pound, I'm not sure how because I'm constantly hungry.
I've not weighed myself yet this week but I will do when I get my lazy ass out of bed.
At this stage it's good to have not put on anything, I put on a lot in first tri with ds and a total of 5 stone by the end which I don't want to happen again.
Xx

When I went for my second visit on the 15th I had gained half a pound. I probably have gained more since then though because my food choices have not been that great either lol! Trying to pick back up with the exercise though now that I'm feeling a little less nauseous, hopefully I can keep the weight gain in the healthy range!

As far as weight gain, I am down 11 pounds because of my severe food aversions. It sucks! But slowly it seems to be getting better. I was already overweight so at least this doesn't affect me too badly. :rofl: Midwife isn't worried so I am just taking it slow.

My first angels due date is coming up soon. Would be a year old! Crazy to imagine.

I got maternity pants around 14 weeks with my daughter. Prior to that I used a belly band to help. I gained 50 pounds in the 8 months I was pregnant with her -- can't imagine if I had gone full term! LOL. So I am trying not to go overboard this time. That being said, I am still bouncing between my old pants and maternity. If we are traveling to visit family I wear maternity because it's more comfortable for sitting for long periods. :) I love maternity pants. They're the best! But ATM it's more for novelty than anything as my bump is still pretty small.

Since it's so hot here in the uk compared to the usual weather I've got a few very cheap floaty maxi dresses and a couple of one size larger vest tops and 2 sizes larger leggings so that I can use them till the weather cools and I get my maternity stuff back from my friend in mid august. Plus I have a few maternity things like jeans more suited to autumn and winter so I'll wait and see what else I need when the autumn winter clothes come in the shops.
I'm hoping not to need much other than a coat (probably get one off eBay), some flat boots, a pair of leggings/jeggings. I already have cardigans which don't button, I imagine I'll be too hot to wear thicker things.
Xx

my next scan date is on the would have been due date for the baby i lost... and im scared its a bad sign.

My next appointment with my OB is on August 5th which would have been my due date as well. At first I was a little nervous but after making the appointment I think it must be a good sign that everything will be okay.

I am a little nervous I don't have more of a bump with these twins or really any symptoms anymore. But I am just trusting everything will be okay.

I am still down around 6 lbs from before I got pregnant. I am on vacation this week still eating healthy but more junk than usual...I weighed myself the morning we left so we will see what the scale says next week! My appetite seems to have returned but I still gag at the thought or sight of certain foods.

Scan date has finally come through! 20th of August at 9:30 am. I'll be 12+5 that day!

Mrstm1 hopefully it'll come around quickly, mine is 30th July I'll be 12+something... I have already had 2 scans, I'm excited, but also nervous even though I can hear the heartbeat on my doppler easily.
Xx

Mrstm1 hopefully it'll come around quickly, mine is 30th July I'll be 12+something... I have already had 2 scans, I'm excited, but also nervous even though I can hear the heartbeat on my doppler easily.
Xx

This will be the first scan I've had for this pregnancy. Next will be sometime around 20 weeks.

I don't know how anyone waits, I always part privately for extra ones xx

My husband does`nt understand why we would pay 100 pounds for a private scan when "he knows" everything will be okay at our scan in 10 days time.. it frustrates me so much..

I don't know how anyone waits, I always part privately for extra ones xx

I'll get extra ones, just not until later due to our previous late loss. For starters, we cannot afford an extra private scan. I'd rather buy something I can use with or for the baby than get a scan. I'm far too practical like that though.

I considered paying privately to get an ultrasound with my daughter, but since we had to shell out about 5,000 bucks to have her, we decided the additional cost wasn't necessary. lol. I ended up having three scans with her -- in the ER at 7 weeks, NT scan at 12 and anomaly at 20.

This time I will pay less to deliver, but since I had one at 7 and opted in for the NT, just making myself wait. LOL. I considered paying for a 16-week gender scan to tell family at the Labor Day picnic but so far hubby is not convinced that I need to shell out $200 for such "silliness." lol.

Men!

Since I have most baby items already I'm justifying it that way! I think our early ones were £50/60 each, the gender and 4d one will be more but as I paid 50% up front for a package then I get 15% discount which is how I convinced dh.
I'm quite frugal in other ways, I got 90% of ds winter clothing last year for under £20 from eBay including I gap hoody and a barely used coat. His summer stuff was a lot of hand me downs and the odd car boot sale bargains which a lot of fit him again this summer.
Anything else I got new will last him next year too.
Xx

I'm envious of how much cheaper the scans are! It's $60 a pop for my scheduled scans through my doctor. And 150-200 for a private! LOL

I don't know what the exchange rate is though or salary compared to the cost of living so it's hard to say.
It's more than I earn in a day for a scan, but it's 2 hours wages for dh xx

Yeah I wouldn't even begin to know how to translate that haha.

I just hate that I pay almost $500 a month for my health insurance and then pay $60 an appointment on top of that. Good old USA. :rofl: Not that I hate living here, but our personal health insurance situation sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->