• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February Fruitcakes! Looking for bump buddies due feb 2012

Hey guys . Not an awful lot to update - all seems to be going well here ! I'm just so bloody tired ! Getting up to our third floor flat is a major strugggle now ! Our pink nursery is complete ! We have everything we need initially now . Me and hubby are trying to decide if we wanna do re useable or disposable nappies ! How's everyone ? And bumps ? Caught a glimpse of me side on yesterday and just felt ' WHen did that happen!?' lol shape change is just immense ! Xx

Haha! I know that feeling of "yeouch, when did I get that huge?!" It sucks seeing yourself side on in the mirror. Just hoping there isn't too much more growing to do. Think the dreaded stretchmarks are on their way, the itching is crazy. Had marks on my thighs since week 12 or so but so far the belly is ok.

I literally get up every hour at night to pee. It is friggin ridiculous! I am sure we will get more sleep with babies :haha:(or maybe not).

I am sooooooo looking forward to sleeping on my stomach again. Cannot get comfy at night. Getting in and out of bed is like a workout these days!

Oh Imagine13 you crack me up. I'm waking up all hours too. It is insane. If it isn't to pee then it is this bloody cold and if it isn't that it is my hands hurting so badly from the swelling. :)

We are all in the home stretch!! :) So soon! The antisipation is killing me.

We are having CONSTRUCTION done in our condo the 2nd week in Jan so HOPEFULLY baby Jocelyn doesn't come early!! :) We are building in a new linen closet and book shelf in the nursery to allow some extra storage. :) We live in a REALLY small place so all the extra storage we can get is useful. And we figure, she won't sleep in her nursery at first anyhow. (Hopefully this won't bite us in the butt!!)

I can't wait to hear how everyone is.

Did everyone have a lovely Christmas? We were very lucky. My In-laws bought us a glider for our nursery and my pop bought us a breast pump. So lucky to have such generous family!

I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again! Oh how I miss sleeping comfortably. It seems like I've been pregnant forever. Soon though it will be over and all it will all be so worth it!! :) :)

I have eaten waaayyyy too much over xmas! I now have a double chin :growlmad:

I have yet another cold and am sat here feeling grumpy with earache :cry:

On the positive side everything is looking good for my homebirth! Fundal height is measuring 3 weeks ahead thought I am hoping this is just a mince pie induced growth spurt (oops). Anyone else got the first tri hunger back with a vengeance?

I wonder whose baby will arrive first? So exciting!

I feel like I always eat too much these days. A glass of water fills me up pretty good. My stomach is so squished right now! It's frusterating because I really want to eat a big meal but I just can't unless I want to be super uncomfortable.

Imagine - That's awesome that things are lining up for your homebirth! How special. :)

Waiting4bb, I am right there with you. I miss my stomach SOOO much. Can't ever get comfortable.

I'm with you ladies on eating too much. I really feel like I can't ever eat enough. I'm constantly hungry.

Also, holy crap I just realized how close we all are. OMG!

Happy new year to all! In 2012 we will be mummies!

Just got a few more cheapie nappies arrived today which tops up my stash. My wee notions are still my faves. Can't wait to put her in her "newly hatched" one! Whaddayathink?.......

First day of maternity leave today!

Baby's bag is packed and just got the last bits for mine yesterday. Just chilling today as I had a panic about baby not moving and went in to get monitored. All fine (phew) but my temp is up with this cold/flu thing so my body is screaming at me to take it easy. Stupid midwife said my baby had a bony bum. WTF does that mean?!

Will be bouncing on my birth ball and listening to my hypnobirthing cd every night now. Cannot believe bubs arrival is only (potentially) a few weeks away!

Hey imagine ! Glad to hear bubs is ok ! Bony bum ? Lol that's a new one !
I'm so jelous your on maternity leave ! I got to get to the end of next week . My instincts are just telling me to nest and prepare for baby though ! Not worry about work !

I'm getting so achy now ! Back ache is horrible and my bum is even aching now ! I keep having random cramps but I'm not thinking anything of it unless they get regular . Still not sure about what braxton hicks are ? Sometimes I feel top of my bump get really tight and a bit un comfy - I used to think it was baby moving to awkward position but now I'm starting to think it could be BH?
Do u get them
? Xxx

Yay for you imagine! Maternity leave is so nice. I'm in the same boat now, although I had planned on working up until the baby came. I don't get maternity leave working at my waitressing job. But, my boss decided to take me off the schedule, so now I have all this free time. Pretty nice.

Fuschia - If you don't mind me butting in... What you are describing with your bump getting tight and uncomfortable sounds like BH to me. That's exactly how it feels for me when it happens.

Thanks waiting4bb.

Sometimes it feels stronger than other times ! My friend had a baby on Xmas eve and she said she thought baby was just getting in awkward position but it was bracton hicks . That's what made me wonder ! They are def getting more frequent nowadays !

With your job - Now you are off the rota - that's great , bit does it mean u get no money ? Cos that sucks ! We are lucky in England to get maternity pay for as long as we do ! X

Thanks waiting4bb.

Sometimes it feels stronger than other times ! My friend had a baby on Xmas eve and she said she thought baby was just getting in awkward position but it was bracton hicks . That's what made me wonder ! They are def getting more frequent nowadays !

With your job - Now you are off the rota - that's great , bit does it mean u get no money ? Cos that sucks ! We are lucky in England to get maternity pay for as long as we do ! X

Nice name for your lil girl you got. ;)

I keep having random cramps but I'm not thinking anything of it unless they get regular . Still not sure about what braxton hicks are ? Sometimes I feel top of my bump get really tight and a bit un comfy - I used to think it was baby moving to awkward position but now I'm starting to think it could be BH?
Do u get them
? Xxx

Yeah I've had a few BH - bump gets uncomfortably tight. Sometimes feels like baby is pushing out against it making it worse. I've also had a few small period type cramps. Hope I am thinning and dilating in preparation for a nice short pain free labour :happydance::haha:

Waiting4bb said:
Yay for you imagine! Maternity leave is so nice. I'm in the same boat now, although I had planned on working up until the baby came. I don't get maternity leave working at my waitressing job. But, my boss decided to take me off the schedule, so now I have all this free time. Pretty nice.

Oh no W4bb! Does that mean you don't get paid at all? That sucks. Though I have waitressed before and have no idea how you have coped this long working on your feet. Oh well plenty of time to nest and prepare for bubs.

I haven't had many BH's. Am sorta worrying that I should be getting more now than I am :shrug: Maybe its my babys abnormal spiny arse or something?! Poor child probably has a tail :haha:

So wish I knew when she is arriving. Could be 2 weeks, could be 7 weeks - arrrrggghhh I just want to know:wacko:

Thanks waiting4bb.

Yeah. I've noticed mine getting closer together and more intense too! Hopefully that's a sign that things are moving along. :)

Sadly yes, I won't be getting any money. :( But my boss has been very generous and given me a bonus around Christmas which has really helped. Most jobs in the US will give maternity leave, but since this is more of a high school job I really don't have benefits.

I keep having random cramps but I'm not thinking anything of it unless they get regular . Still not sure about what braxton hicks are ? Sometimes I feel top of my bump get really tight and a bit un comfy - I used to think it was baby moving to awkward position but now I'm starting to think it could be BH?
Do u get them
? Xxx

Yeah I've had a few BH - bump gets uncomfortably tight. Sometimes feels like baby is pushing out against it making it worse. I've also had a few small period type cramps. Hope I am thinning and dilating in preparation for a nice short pain free labour :happydance::haha:

Waiting4bb said:

Oh no W4bb! Does that mean you don't get paid at all? That sucks. Though I have waitressed before and have no idea how you have coped this long working on your feet. Oh well plenty of time to nest and prepare for bubs.

I haven't had many BH's. Am sorta worrying that I should be getting more now than I am :shrug: Maybe its my babys abnormal spiny arse or something?! Poor child probably has a tail :haha:

So wish I knew when she is arriving. Could be 2 weeks, could be 7 weeks - arrrrggghhh I just want to know:wacko:

It will be ok. My DH and I are pretty smart with our money. It has been hard to stay on my feet at work. Sometimes I'm pretty beat at the end of the day. I can't say I'm too bummed to stop working. It'll be nice. ;)

I've heard a lot of ladies say they haven't felt very many BH. A lot of them I think we don't notice. I wouldn't worry about it though. I'm sure your LO will be here right on time. I keep thinking the same thing about our baby. It could be any day, but then again it could be so much longer. Aaaa!

One born every minute is on tv tonight - hurrah! For the US ladies you'll be able to watch on 4oD tomorrow :happydance:

Yeah, I haven't had any BH that I know of. But I am not really sure what it would feel like anyhow.

I am kind of at the point now where I'm really curious how it is all going to go. Hopefully smoothly!

Also, my doctor said he will want to induce on Feb 11th if she hasn't come yet. So I guess I at least have a end of the road date, which is kind of nice.

I'm REALLY hoping she comes after the 1st. I have a lot to try to get accomplished before then. :)

I'm REALLY hoping she comes after the 1st. I have a lot to try to get accomplished before then. :)

I know the feeling! Doesn't help when you're lumbering around at a snails pace does it? I hope mine stays put until early feb too. Much to do before then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->