FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

It is so odd to see the thread so quiet!

Welcome huckleberry :)

I'm sorry you're still having issues with no clear answers Feronia! I have to say that sounds almost identical to what i had going on. Do you have a tilted uterus by chance? Mine is/was extremely tilted and i read it can cause the sacroilitis and can even put extra stress on your bladder until it really corrects itself at 25ish weeks.

Well my ds has had a fever all weekend. No other symptoms whatsoever! I have no idea what it could be except maybe a virus? I've gotten about 4 hours of sleep over the last 72 hours! Poor little guy just cried and cried for hours on end last night which he's never ever done! Thankfully he seemed a bit better this morning and since he's exhausted too he's down for a nap even though it's only 1045am here :)

Welcome huckleberry! And glad you're feeling better, Feronia, I hope you get some answers soon!

I am waiting to find out gender...anomaly scan is tomorrow afternoon, but the doctor told me the techs won't tell us then, and we'll have to call the office a couple days later to find out. I am hoping it will be obvious at the scan, and the tech will hover in the right area for us to decide without actually telling us...otherwise it'll be earliest of wed, more likely Thursday we'll be able to find out.

It's quiet this morning!
Is anyone else waiting to find out the sex of their baby, or do we have our final stats until the birth stories start coming in? :D

Our scan is this coming Wednesday. Really can't wait!

I have my anomaly scan tomorrow morning.

Long time, no see Lynnikins. Will be excited to hear what you are having! (Or are you team yellow?)

Excited to hear the rest of our gender reveals... Well, now and then again in Feb! Good luck for your scan, river! :)

I have been having a crappy couple of days. I had some weird new things going on, and I always find that worrying and upsetting. OH has also been away, so I have been extra bummed to be home alone. I know, I know... Pity party for one! I just get super upset at the thought of anything going wrong for baby. I know you all must feel the same way.

Crappy weekend here too! I've picked up a cold from somewhere so not feeling too good and baby hasn't really moved these last couple of days so I'm getting a bit stressed about it!

My anomaly scan is this Friday but I already know the gender so just hoping everything's ok in there!

Good luck with all the anomaly scans ladies, and welcome newbies.

Ttc- there have been no end of viruses about, ds had one and we had similar no sleep for a while.

Xx

Trying to catch up, but difficult as I'm so exhausted. We've had a long and crazy week and I've been on my feet non-stop! Today was MommyCon in Philadelphia which was AWESOME! But man, am I tired!

If anyone is looking for more car seat info, I highly recommend Car Seats for the Littles. :) https://csftl.org/ Their car seat reviews are super thorough, IMO! I live on their FB page. lol.

We currently have a Graco SnugRide 35 for the little and then two Dionos for my little girl. We are unsure what convertible we'll get for the little boy. Maybe another Diono, maybe something else, depending on his stats as he ages. Like his sister, I'm hoping to rear-face him as long as possible so I have to gauge once he's here and growing a bit. LOL. She's tall and skinny, which is part of why we chose the Diono. But we'll see how he fares!

So excited for more anomaly scans and potential gender reveals this week! :)

I am waiting to find out gender...anomaly scan is tomorrow afternoon, but the doctor told me the techs won't tell us then, and we'll have to call the office a couple days later to find out. I am hoping it will be obvious at the scan, and the tech will hover in the right area for us to decide without actually telling us...otherwise it'll be earliest of wed, more likely Thursday we'll be able to find out.

River, when I had mine last week the tech told us she can't tell us the gender, but gave us a very clear view and told us how we can determine the sex ourselves. We had a very clear potty shot and she said "there's the two legs, and if it's a boy, something would be dangling in between, so, you can make your own guesses". So she made it very clear to us it's a girl! :haha:

I hope you end up with something similar and get your answer tomorrow!

Mrrrrrrr.

Totally just sold one of my wraps, since it's really just too long for me, to fund a Toddler Tula.

Hubby is over the moon, and so am I.

But ack. I hate saying goodbye to carriers, even when it's for a good reason! LOL

Oooh which toddler Tula did you get?
I met Ula (founder of Tula) at our local babywearing group last week, and it was neat seeing sooo many pretty Tulas. I decided to keep our standard since DD is so small and save up for a toddler size in the future if I think we need it.

I don't know about sacroiliitis -- I don't seem to have many of the symptoms (e.g. no lower back pain) and the leg pain is gone. I think that was due to dehydration, since once I was able to drink and replenish lost electrolytes the pain went away. Nobody mentioned anything about a tilted uterus at my 20-week scan with DD, and I'm sure they would, right? At any rate, I'll bring it up with my midwife when I see her on Thursday.

Oooh which toddler Tula did you get?
I met Ula (founder of Tula) at our local babywearing group last week, and it was neat seeing sooo many pretty Tulas. I decided to keep our standard since DD is so small and save up for a toddler size in the future if I think we need it.

I don't know about sacroiliitis -- I don't seem to have many of the symptoms (e.g. no lower back pain) and the leg pain is gone. I think that was due to dehydration, since once I was able to drink and replenish lost electrolytes the pain went away. Nobody mentioned anything about a tilted uterus at my 20-week scan with DD, and I'm sure they would, right? At any rate, I'll bring it up with my midwife when I see her on Thursday.

Lol i must be putting my symptoms onto you! Sorry! I'm in such unbelievable pain from that today :( I'm very glad to hear you aren't having bad symptoms anymore :)

At 20 weeks a tilted (or retroverted) uterus likely wouldn't be very obvious anymore. But I've heard it often happens after you have your first baby. Maybe they would've seen on one of your early scans with this baby?

Anyway, good luck on your appointment Thursday :)

I have my 20 wk scan on Friday! I think I must be one of the last ones?! We won't be finding out the gender though, they don't tell you here, so team :yellow: all the way!

Well today has finally arrived :-D 20 weeks scan here we come! So nervous but its gonna hurt like hell as I have a really nasty uti at the min so the whole left hand side ofme Is in agony. ...... Gonna have a word with docs while im there as this will be the 4th day of antibiotics and there has been no let up with the pain! I just hope baby is ok :-( Can't wait to see baby again and find out what team we are in :-D

Feronia: I let him choose and he went for the Prepster, because he liked the color scheme on it. I figure I choose ALL the carriers and he just uses them without complaint, but I wanted to let him have a say for once. And I first narrowed it down to ones I liked and let him choose from there... because I'm a jerk like that. ;) Thank goodness for IBW though, I saved some money buying it! :) I can't wait to start using it, she's just getting too tall for the standard size SSCs, even if weight-wise she's behind many of her peers.

That's SO awesome that you got to meet Ula! That sounds so fun! I was at MommyCon yesterday and tried on a TT and well... it was love. <3 I have 4 wraps now (well, a Didy on the way and three home including the one I sold) and hubby was like, "I just can't figure out how to wrap by myself..." So it's a decent compromise! Esp since he wears her SO much.

Good luck to everyone who's getting scans today and later this week! Can't wait to see more reveals!

Ive got my anomaly scan on friday morning, i cant wait! Though also got to see a consultant as i had a previous c section so im a bit worried what they will say.

Good luck today Nickie!!

Sorry about my absence over the weekend, I was feeling a bit low. I had planned a trip back to Australia to see my family for the first time in over a year (and probably my last chance for at least another six months) and it didn't work out (my sister works for the airline and had put me on standby for these flights over a month ago, but the flight ended up overbooked). So I was bummed. My sister-in-law has cheered me up immensely though by bringing my baby shower forward to next weekend, so that's exciting!!! Yay baby shower!

ttc126, so sorry you're in pain! Is it something a physio can help with? I got some really good tips from my physio about abdominal separation and using the proper muscles to prevent pain, and she said to come back if I had any hip or pelvic pain since there were other things I can do. I think savvy also had a good experience with a physio, right?

swan, I love the prepster! Your hubby has good taste. You were about to find discounts for Tulas for IBW? Where?! I bet MommyCon was a lot of fun. I just ordered my Gira amitola black 5 for this baby's legacy, I can't wait! I was waiting around for a black DW to pop up, but the co-op I'm in on FB kept pushing back the date... and I really want it here in time for baby so I just went with the twill weave. It's funny hearing everyone discuss strollers because I'm all "ummmm, something with wheels, please" but I can sit here discussing twills and fabrics for wraps all day. :haha:

awww, that's so disappointing about not getting to go back home, Melly. Will you go back with your newborns to see family? That might be even more fun! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->