FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

How often do you need to get the pertussis/TDAP vaccine? I had one last October. Hopefully I'm covered then? I'll be making my husband get one though.

I actually had pertussis/whooping cough a few years ago. Well my then-boyfriend had it first, and I remember coming into work and walking into a meeting and saying something like "Can you believe it, [boyfriend] has whooping cough! In this day and age!" and my boss disappeared so quickly he almost left a puff of smoke in his wake. His wife had just had a baby and I had no idea at the time how virulent it was or how dangerous for babies. I still feel bad, 8 years later! No-one caught it, thankfully.

My dr says you need to have it in third tri for the baby to be covered in early life (ie. before they get their own). I had to get it last year to get my visa immunisations all up to date, and that apparently means nothing. Boo!

We will do the full normal vaccination list, but i want to compare the scheduling here/in Australia/in the UK. My American niece got something like 6 shots at one appointment, which I would be uncomfortable with. I think I would prefer to go to the pediatrician more often, but do less shots each time. I am a big believer in the importance of vaccinations, but just want to think about the specifics.

Has anyone picked their strollers yet? OH and I made a few trips to Toys R Us to play with some and we really like this one.

Lol, I opened the link from my bookmarks to put on here and I see it's on sale, $100 off! Sadly, once I put in all my details the tax and delivery costs make it only a $20 saving! Anyways, that's probably what we're going for and are going to keep an eye to see if it goes on sale in store around Christmas. Anyone else picked/got their strollers yet?

So happy to announce that we had our 20 week ultrasound this morning and that we are having a :pink::pink: BABY GIRL! :pink::pink:

Everything looked healthy and normal on the the scan. We are so excited!!

Congratulations MissEyre!! The girls are in the lead again!!

Has anyone picked their strollers yet?

We have bought this one, it's a Graco. I really like it so far though, and it has a car seat with it. Bought it used, but you can't tell it was ever used! Only £20 (~$32) all in too!

15152393310_42850ccae3.jpg

15152393440_9cf3f705b8.jpg

Congrats MissEyre on the girl :)

Captain - I am slowly convincing OH for us to get the UppaBaby Vista. My mum said she'd even chip in for it. Going to take him to the stores hopefully this weekend and see what ones he likes and thinks are good.

Congrats, MissEyre!

I might be mad, but we're trying to go again without a stroller. It was fine with 1 kid, but we'll see how it goes with two. Someone taught me how to tandem babywear and I'm trying to convince DH that I need another Tula. :p

I don't do shots during pregnancy and my midwives don't even bring them up as an option.

Had our 20 week scan this morning and although we already knew we were team blue it was lovely to see him again and all looks normal to my relief. Placenta is anterior which explains my lack of movements compared to my previous pregnancies.

Yay MissEyre!! Congratulations :D

Captain, we have a Baby Trend Double Snap'n'Go carseat caddy, and on our registry we've put a Bumbleride Indie Twin after very strong recommendation from our twin mum friend.

How often do you need to get the pertussis/TDAP vaccine? I had one last October. Hopefully I'm covered then? I'll be making my husband get one though.

My midwife told me to get a tdap in third tri even though I had one last October. They're normally good for five or ten years, but she said getting it while pregnant will give the baby some immunity. I have an adult friend who cracked a rib when she had pertussis, so I'm not taking any chances with a tiny baby.

Love all the strollers mentioned so far! MrsTM1, what a great deal and you'd swear from the pictures that it's brand new!

I'm skipping the flu shot as I'm not really out very much anyway. Scares me to get it while pregnant. I recently read some new research shows that pregnant women have naturally higher immunity to the flu.
I'm allergic to the pertussis vaccine so won't be getting that either!

Surprisebub, With my son i decided to get vaccines but do a delayed schedule for some. For example he was to get mmr (measles mumps and rubella) and varicella (chicken pox) together at his year check. The manufacturer for the us says specifically not to give these together or with any other "live" vaccine. So his dr agreed to delay the varicella until next visit.
Even with being pro-vaccine i can completely respect and understand parents who make a different choice.

I think I'm going to get a double stroller but don't know which one! I also need to find a carseat that will fit with the other rear facing in the back seat! That may impact my stroller decision... Ugh I'm so clueless! I'm looking to some of you twin mommies for stroller ideas as i really don't know that we could go without since my son is not even close to walking :)

Is anyone else still battling nausea? Mine is definitely better but I'm still throwing up if i don't take 1/4 of my zofran pill in the morning. I found spicy food definitely makes it worse, but it really doesn't make a huge difference what i eat...

I think I'm going to get a double stroller but don't know which one! I also need to find a carseat that will fit with the other rear facing in the back seat! That may impact my stroller decision... Ugh I'm so clueless! I'm looking to some of you twin mommies for stroller ideas as i really don't know that we could go without since my son is not even close to walking :)

I chose this stroller: https://www.chiccoshop.com/gear/str...double-stroller---element/06079043780070.html

I really liked the ratings on the car seats and the options this stroller had.

Thanks everyone. I feel like hell but at least I was able to keep down some toast and water down this morning. My limbs hurt incredibly, but Tylenol is helping. The most worrying thing is the frequent braxton hicks I've been having. :(
I definitely reported the restaurant this time through the local health agency, so hopefully someone goes to check it out.

I wish pregnancy wasn't so worrying, and it's unfortunately true that it doesn't stop at birth! I still sometimes make sure my daughter is still breathing at night and she's almost 2. :blush:

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. The worry doesn't ever go away. It continues for life. Heck I check to make sure my husband is breathing if he's sleeping quietly. Lol.

Oh my God! OH MY GOD! My husband made me stop watching it because we were both freaking out. Good lord.

Oh but it's so fun when they get started and keep each other going for a bit. That was cool being able to see the limbs from the outside perspective. I've never videoed mine so only seeing it from Mom's perspective you don't see those outlines. I just might try the video this time.

So happy to announce that we had our 20 week ultrasound this morning and that we are having a :pink::pink: BABY GIRL! :pink::pink:

Everything looked healthy and normal on the the scan. We are so excited!!

Congratulations!!!

Surprisebub, With my son i decided to get vaccines but do a delayed schedule for some. For example he was to get mmr (measles mumps and rubella) and varicella (chicken pox) together at his year check. The manufacturer for the us says specifically not to give these together or with any other "live" vaccine. So his dr agreed to delay the varicella until next visit.
Even with being pro-vaccine i can completely respect and understand parents who make a different choice.

I think you and I are on the same page on vaccines :) I am definitely pro-vaccine (yes, there are risks, but the benefits way outweigh the risks)... I just want to do that kind of research and find out whether some can be staggered a little more, as you did. The only ones I would think about skipping are chicken pox and the flu. I will have to read up more on those.

We haven't settled on a stroller... I am torn between mostly baby wearing and getting a cheap graco umbrella stroller for use now and again, or getting a sturdier one that would have a bassinet and then a seat (but also be pricier!)

Chicco is wonderful! Their car seats are heavy but excellent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->