FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

My scan was suppose to be Friday that just passed but because my driver's license was suspended, I spent all day Friday getting a new driver's license and so now my scan isn't until Nov.15th. Right now I'm 20 weeks 3 days.

Good luck on the scans this week! :)

Sad news on your trip, Melly. I know how bad that feels- i spent one Christmas in London alone because it snowed and Heathrow shut down. I am sure you are bummed, but hopefully the baby shower and a trip in the future will ease the sting. :)

Hope you are feeling better quickly, minibump. Same goes for your son, ttc!

Hi swan! Just curious... Has your walmart box arrived yet?

Feronia, my mum and hopefully my sister will be coming over to visit ASAP after the babies are born, but the rest of my family (dad, brothers, aunts/uncles/cousins) will have to wait until we manage to get there! I probably wouldn't travel with brand new newborns, but maybe when they're three months ish? Right before I have to go back to work maybe? We'll see how it pans out.

Oh bummer Shey, November 15th sounds so far away!!

yup. I hate waiting that long. May see if a women's clinic will do it or the ER.

SurpriseBub, I got one of the Walmart boxes. It was ok, but not amazing. The beauty box was a lot better, I think, and I don't even care about makeup. It had a Nuk pacifier, samples of All Free and Clear detergent and dryer sheets, 2 disposable Lansinoh nursing pads, a breastmilk storage bag, and a Pampers diaper clutch with a diaper (I'm guessing newborn size?) and a sample pack of wipes. The clutch is the only thing that really stood out as being useful because I can hook it onto a carrier if I don't want to drag the diaper bag along, but it wouldn't fit a cloth diaper, so I may still need to buy something bigger if we don't do disposables while out and about.

Attachments

• walmart baby box.jpg
    walmart baby box.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 7
So, how am I supposed to work today when my scan is at 3? ugh, going to be a long few hours...

Oooo, thanks for the run down mrsk! If it is really only $5, I think I might sign up. The diaper carrier, diaper and wipes would cover that investment ;) the only thing I don't like is that they ask which box you want to 'subscribe to'... So I just hope it would be easy to cancel down the line if we want to.

Ok so i called my doctor. My appointment is actually October 15th

River54, did you look up potty shots so that you can determine the baby's sex on your own? :) I know what it's like to wait those 3 days or so AFTER your scan to find out when you really want to know now! Looking it up beforehand made it at least bearable since I was 90% sure what we were having with DD (and was right!)

Melly, I'm glad you will have family visiting your newborns! Is there any way you can go in December for the holidays or something? That must be so disappointing!

Ugh. So last week I had a phone call to say I'm due my blood tests for the second trimester, today I called into the doctors office to pick up the paperwork I would need to take in to the lab to have the work done. The lady at the desk couldn't see anything on the screen so she took me into the nurses office to speak with them.

The nurse told me that after my first trimester blood tests they would have given me another form to keep and to take for this one. Only I'm 99% sure they didn't. I came back home and checked my folders where I keep our paperwork, I'm very organized with these sort of things so had I been given anything to keep, I know I would have. I have all my other paperwork for this pregnancy in one spot, but no form for blood work? Even my husband said he's never seen it, and with him being from the medical field he would have looked at it for sure.

So frustrating. The nurse was not very nice and said "it's not as simple as printing out another one" when in actual fact, it is. So now I'll have to drive back down there and get her to make me another. Plus she said it has to be done before this weekend, which she claimed to have told me over the phone, which she didn't! Surely if these are second tri tests, I'm not late by having them done at 19 weeks?

One more thing...why is my ob only in the clinic every Friday!? I want to see him about these headaches but now I have to wait until the 17th to see him! Brilliant.

Anyway...rant over!

Well baby is doing absolutely fantastic :-D and we are team blue!!!!!! A wee baby boy xxxxx

Attachments

• 20141006_191908.jpg
    20141006_191908.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
Captain, that's so frustrating! I also know for a fact it is as simple as printing off another form in BC. It takes like 2 seconds to do, seriously. You're not late in getting them either if this is just for a blood panel. Or is this for the second portion of the SIPS test? If I am not mistaken, weren't you going to get a midwife? ;) BC Midwives are absolutely fabulous and you can call them whenever you have any questions like that and they get back to you within 10 minutes. I can't recommend them enough!

Congrats Nickie! :D

My baby box from WalMart was the same as mentioned previously; and it was definitely only $5. It wasn't AMAZING, but it wasn't bad. I really liked my beauty box from them, though. :)

Feronia: yes! 5 Minute Recess is doing discounts on Tulas, as is Frog Mama!

Hi everyone! Haven't logged on in a while but all is well. I go for my 24 week checkup a week from tomorrow. I think it will likely be a super quick checkup. BP, urine, weight, and hearing the HB. I wish we got ultrasounds every time though!
Last night I had a cool moment where baby boy was moving around in there and my DH could actually see it from across the room! It's a lovely feeling still and not bothersome at all. It's very reassuring for a worrier like me. He is a busy little wiggly guy! Is everyone feeling their little ones by now?

Feronia, the original plan had been to go home to Australia for Christmas, but then when we found out it was twins, we thought long-haul flying 7 months pregnant with twins probably wasn't the smartest move! Also the airline might take one look at me and refuse. :lol:

Captain, argh, I hate it when people give you grief for something that's not your fault!

Nickie - hooray! Congratulations!!!

Shey - phew! That's much closer. :lol:

River - hope time is flying. It's 3pm here now ;)

For those looking to score some free samples - I registered at Babies R Us and I was given a goody bag filled with that same pampers clutch with a 6pk of wipes and a diaper, a bib, breast milk storage bags, dreft sample and coupon and a bunch of other store and baby coupons. They gave me double of everything because I have twins on the way! Definitely a nice little surprise. I think even if this was your second/third/etc. child you could still "register" there even if you just add a few items.

Sort of freaking out now. I was just fired out of nowhere from my full-time, salaried position. About 10 weeks before I was planning on going on maternity leave...
I was given 3 months severance package, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm eligible after that. If anyone knows anything about EI in Canada... I'd love to know.

Scan went well, but we didn't find out the gender. She asked us if we wanted to know, and we said yes, so she said she'll make a note on the chart for the doctor. The tech wasn't in that area for long, and the cord was in the way a bunch, so for us, we didn't see any clear obvious shot going either way.
Looks like I'll be phoning the OB on wed and asking them then.
Scan went well though, baby was cooperative for the most part, and we got a roll of shots. Tech estimated the weight at 300g right now. I think OH got a way better view as he got to see stuff from her screen, and I had to look at the small monitor near the ceiling. She was a nice talkative tech though, and was always telling us what she was measuring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->