FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Oh raspberry I'm sorry to hear that. Thank god they're monitoring you closely. That's worrying as I've had tons of cervical treatment in the past for abnormal cells. Look after yourself. X

Christina, I've got it mildly already. Groin pains when walking and hurting when I turn over in bed.

Feronia, scary thing is I had no symptoms. I just asked if I could swab myself when last saw consultant as was so worried it contributed to pre term labour. So glad I did now. Over half of women who have it will be symptomless. Main signs are increased discharge, greyish colour sometimes and it can be odouress esp after intercourse when mixes with semen.

Not all midwives/ docs swab routinely as evidence isn't totally conclusive but I swear it played a part in my bleeding and prem labour esp as in labour my temp went sky high.

Emy - my consultant was very surprised actually as my lletz treatment wasn't huge apparently and it may well be unrelated in this instance and he says that much of the research relates to large cone biopsy.
Have you been monitored at all?
Xx

I had a colposcopy at the end of last year for suspicious cells and I asked my OB about it at the last appointment (after hearing my friend's story about her cervical stitch and bedrest) and she said she wasn't worried about it and it wouldn't cause any problems. Just make sure your care provider knows about your past treatment, EMYJC.

Thanks melly and raspberry. I've had cone biopsy, loop excision, cold coagulation and silver nitrate on mine and when having treatment they said it was short and could possibly have issues when pregnant. I told my midwife at booking in and she said my bleeding and prem labour seemed to come more from placenta problems although have now been told it wasn't pre eclampsia. They still seem unsure. Not suggested monitoring it. Think I'll call them tomorrow especially now I have this infection and groin pain all the time :/ God isn't pregnancy scary,

Melly I would agree (from what I've read) not to worry.

Emy I would definitely recommend you double check, according to my consultant 23-24 weeks is the best time to see if anything is going to go wrong but I'm a bit concerned as I'm fairly sure it's too late for me to get a stitch.
Xx

Raspberry, been reading up on it tonight and it seems to say that 12-14 weeks is the ideal time to have a stitch put in. Progesterone cream seems to really help matters so that's reassuring for you. how hard is it though to get bed rest when you have another child? Do you have a lot of people around for support? x

Really long day today, but great apart from finding out that I still suffer from motion sickness! Ended up having to run off of the bus to get sick and then walked the last mile home in the rain uphill. Have changed and gotten dried off really well, but I still feel like I'm freezing!

Anyway, I'm still measuring at 20+1, and baby and placenta is perfect! Little one had its bits wedged underneath my belly button, which is the one place that they can't get a clear picture, so we are still team yellow for the moment! Hopefully we will be able to find out what it is at our 28 week scan.

Baby definitely does not like having a scan nor the doppler. Sonographer was pushing down really hard to measure the heart properly and the little thing started kicking really hard and really fast! It was having a disco party! We even saw it flip completely over while we were trying to get it to hold still enough to get all of the measurements! :haha:

Here's a photo!

15294456110_14fcea629b.jpg

MrsTM- Yay!! Congrats! Sorry you don't know the gender yet, he/she is hiding! But that's okay, it's great to hear baby is doing well.

I also got the final word today that yes everything is all normal in there! Sooo relieved. My hubby was a little worried because he's a worrier, and I'm so glad I got to tell him good news. It really does feel good, even though I wasn't concerned, just wanted that reassurance.

I'm so sorry for those of you going through infections and for Raspberry- I hope you're able to take it easy and that everything gets back on track!! The good thing about this group and this website is that we all tend to be more proactive and ask more questions than the average pregnant woman, so it keeps us more aware of our bodies and we can catch things earlier. I really appreciate that. Anyway I hope you all heal quickly.

I'm so sorry for those of you going through infections and for Raspberry- I hope you're able to take it easy and that everything gets back on track!! The good thing about this group and this website is that we all tend to be more proactive and ask more questions than the average pregnant woman, so it keeps us more aware of our bodies and we can catch things earlier. I really appreciate that. Anyway I hope you all heal quickly.

Congrats on your good scans, mrstm & megan! :happydance:

Couldn't agree more... I am very thankful for this board! :hugs: even more so after looking on baby centre. Geez! I have the app that comes up with baby's growth etc and looked at the boards today- people were really bitchy and mean for no reason on a couple. I just don't get it, and am very thankful for all of you and the support and discussion on here :flower:

Ah mrstm lovely! Would you like me to list you as :yellow: for now until you get your next scan? Xx

Raspberry, sorry to hear. I sure hope with some rest and meds that you show a great improvement at your next appointment.

EMY, I hope the antibiotics are able to clear up the BV quickly.

MrsTM1, congrats on the scan and bummer they weren't able to find out the gender!

I agree...I have learned so much from this board and I am thankful to all of those who post. Definitely more prepared for birth and beyond! Thanks to all! :)

Raspberry, been reading up on it tonight and it seems to say that 12-14 weeks is the ideal time to have a stitch put in. Progesterone cream seems to really help matters so that's reassuring for you. how hard is it though to get bed rest when you have another child? Do you have a lot of people around for support? x

I'm hoping that the progesterone does the trick at least for a while longer.
Thankfully ds is on the whole "easy". He's started preschool 2 mornings a week, today after lunch we sat doing construction play and then lay on the sofa watching a film and I did a few small chores but limited going up and down stairs.
I sat down while he had a bath and he can get in and out himself so that was fine and was in bed for 6.40 so that was great.
I went to see a good friend of mine and just sat on the sofa at hers drinking hot chocolate so I've managed fine today.
Unfortunately my in laws left for spain yesterday and won't be home till December however dh is off work til 25th October but he will be working nights so he might be around a bit to help but he won't be fully functioning at weekends etc.
My dad works crazy hours in a stressful job and my step mum just had a hip replacement so it's not an ideal time to be resting.
Xx

Argh, sorry about your shy bubba, MrsTM1, hopefully you can find out the gender next time!

Wow I am so behind! Sorry I have been so MIA. I spent a week visiting my twin sister in North Carolina. Sad I had to leave. Wot see her again until March after Brecken is born.
Congrats Kiki and river on the gender reveals!
Sorry some of you ladies are going through tough times.

AFM things have been going well. I have a bunch of BH all the time. Brecken is very active. He is always kicking my hand when I touch my belly. I love it! Tuesday I have my anatomy scan. I'll be 21 weeks and 3 days. I can't wait to see my baby boy again.

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

I've been having BH for a few weeks. It's normal to start having them around 20 weeks in your first pregnancy and earlier in subsequent pregnancies.

Raspberry - I hope the progesterone and rest work very well and you have no further issues.

For those of you with infections, I hope you heal quickly without problems.

Feronia - Glad to hear you have a more positive attitude and get to enjoy your time off.

Congratulations to those who learned your baby's gender and had great scans.

Raspberry - Sorry to hear your news. It must be very stressful.

Feronia - Glad you got some answers. Curious to know when your manager found out. But still suspicious!!

Megan - You asked people about exercise a while back. I still have too few posts to post links, but do prenatal yoga on doyogawithme that Captain mentioned, have found some prenatal yoga on youtube (I really like Lara Dutta, and have done Katy Appleton's a couple of times), and like Jessica Smith's prenatal strength routine (youtube).

Sorry to hear that some of you have infections.

I don't think I've had any Braxton Hicks. I have had a few weird feelings around my belly button that could be called tightenings, but they were pretty localised. How much of your belly do you usually feel BH over?

The BH are usually around your uterus as that is what is tightening.. Mine was below my belly button area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->