FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I will preface this by saying that I am the overly cautious type when it comes to illness... but even with that info, I would stay away just to be safe. I do know someone who had chickenpox in both childhood and then as an adult. Odds are it would be fine, but personally I wouldn't take the risk 'just in case'. (Sorry if this comes off as preachy- just wanted to say though it is rare, you can get chickenpox twice!)

Shells, even though I had had chicken pox as a child, my OB did not want me to have any contact with my FIL at all. You can get it twice, especially if you had a mild case as a child, and it is very dangerous for pregnant women to contract it. :(

Hi everyone! So much catching up to do!

Congrats to everyone with good scans!

Ras, I'm so sorry you're having a worrying time right now! I hope the progesterone works and the rest helps your cervix stay put! How scary! :( Really hoping all goes well and just rest as much as you can! Hope your ds is easy these next couple of weeks so even if you don't have tons of help you won't be straining a lot. :hugs:

Mini bump!!!! How awful to have shingles!!!! You poor thing! I hope it runs its course quickly and doesn't get too much worse!

Shells, sorry about your mom! Unfortunately i know absolutely nothing about staying away vs seeing her but it sounds like several of these ladies know a lot! So fun you figured out you're already in double digits :) I guess I am too since I'll be induced about when you are :) Still awhile from meeting your babes but so much more behind you than ahead :) Exciting!

Well i had my 24 week appointment today. My dr checked my cervix because I've been having lots of contractions. Not horribly painful, but more so than the Braxton hicks i get. I had to get contractions stopped at 25 weeks with my first son so she felt better safe than sorry. Everything looked good! Since I need extra monitoring she'll see me in 2 weeks at 26 weeks then probably every 2 weeks from there. So crazy! The one thing that bugged me today is that I gained 10 lbs in a month. My dr wasn't worried but that seems like a lot to me...lol!!!! I'm eating well so hopefully it's just normal :)

Hope the rest of you are well!

ttc126 - it's crazy where the time has gone! I remember us all patiently waiting for that 12 week scan talking about symptoms and praying we made it to that 12 week mark.... How did that take so long to get to and now it's flying by! :shrug: Sunday is V day for the ladies due on the 1st Feb!!!

Shells, even though I had had chicken pox as a child, my OB did not want me to have any contact with my FIL at all. You can get it twice, especially if you had a mild case as a child, and it is very dangerous for pregnant women to contract it. :(

If your FIL had chickenpox then I would definitely agree because that's an airborne virus thus easier to catch. Not sure I'd be as worried about shingles because it's much harder to catch chickenpox that way but I don't really have the option of avoiding it now, lol!

OH just left his appointment with his surgeon, said he has to go back on the 13th of November which means he's home for another month! :happydance:

Yes MiniBump, he had chicken pox. Good to hear that it's much harder to catch chicken pox from shingles!

Sorry to hear about your shingles, Mini! I hope you're feeling better soon!

I have been subbing at my daughter's preschool this week and I think I caught something from one of my little rascals there. Yuck! I just feel so run-down and cruddy. Hoping it passes soon! Also had to go to my FP doctor today to give a urine sample as I feel like I might have a UTI? My daughter, who's almost fully potty-trained now, asked if I was peeing for the doctor "to make her proud." I said yeah, something like that. So she praised me when I went then very loudly told the waiting room as we were leaving how Good of a girl her mommy was for going pee for the doctor.

Oh. Mylanta.

Adventures in parenting a toddler... LOL. It was cute, but mortifying. She also gave me a gummy bear when I got home as my 'treat.' So, at least there was that.

Hope all of the ladies battling infection are feeling good!

How are you feeling Raspberry? You've been on my mind! :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your shingles, Mini! I hope you're feeling better soon!

I have been subbing at my daughter's preschool this week and I think I caught something from one of my little rascals there. Yuck! I just feel so run-down and cruddy. Hoping it passes soon! Also had to go to my FP doctor today to give a urine sample as I feel like I might have a UTI? My daughter, who's almost fully potty-trained now, asked if I was peeing for the doctor "to make her proud." I said yeah, something like that. So she praised me when I went then very loudly told the waiting room as we were leaving how Good of a girl her mommy was for going pee for the doctor.

Oh. Mylanta.

Adventures in parenting a toddler... LOL. It was cute, but mortifying. She also gave me a gummy bear when I got home as my 'treat.' So, at least there was that.

Hope all of the ladies battling infection are feeling good!

How are you feeling Raspberry? You've been on my mind! :hugs:

Adorable... and you got a treat and all!

Haaaahahaha swan! That's so cute. She sounds very kind-hearted.

Good luck for Tmr bumblebee! :) hope all looks perfect and you fall a little bit more in love seeing baby on that screen!

Congrats, captain! I would love to have my husband off work, too! Shame he had to have surgery, but glad there is a silver lining. :)

She is a super-sweet, very-affectionate and giving little bugger. She makes me laugh.

My doctor's office called. No UTI, which is great! But she also wanted to congratulate me on my pregnancy...? I had said I was pregnant when I called AND when I went in to do the urine test. I would have assumed they'd add it on my file? But she was all, "Congrats! You're pregnant!" I didn't know what to say, so I was quiet before informing her that I appreciated it but KNOW I'm pregnant and have been for 22 weeks now... :rofl: I felt like a jerk, but really? She sounded SO embarrassed.

But YAY I'm having a baby! xDDDD

Swan that's so freakin cute :haha:

Okay I'm dyyyying of heartburn today!!

Okay..I'm sorry if this is TMI, but I just have to share. This was my first 'what am I getting myself in for' moment since finding out I'm expecting :haha:

So I was at McDonalds because I'm totally craving those junior chicken burgers. I ended up sitting near the bathrooms because it was one of the quieter corners. This little boy went in to the mens room and I heard a mans voice who must have been in the cubicle say he'd be out in a minute, so the kid came out and was going back to his father when he stopped dead in his tracks (right in front of me, btw) and put his hand over his butt.

Then he let out a horrid wet prrrtttt and started to panic. A second later his father was there and led him into the bathrooms whilst telling him it was okay as the poor boy started crying. They were in there for a few minutes before they came out and made a beeline for the door. He had his jacket tied around his waste and only his underwear on!

:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

Again, sorry if this is TMI, but it did make me chuckle thinking we'll all probably have an experience like that to look forward to at some point!

Anyone else get bad gas pain? Ugh it's horrible tonight. The only thing that takes it away is Gas X. So painful!

Captain- thanks for that, lol!! I just shake my head when I see a kid having an issue like that, but I have had situations while babysitting and I guess when it happens to you it's not as big of a deal. I was with my sister in a restaurant once when her daughter had a diaper blowout and messed up all her clothes, and it was a true adventure trying to not get poop all over the tiny bathroom, followed by the shameful run-walk out of the place... lol! Oh and even better, that same little girl went on to be an artist.... with one color: Brown. On the walls next to her crib. For like... 6 months. Imagine!!

So I had my meeting with my doula (finally!) today. I love her! She's so calm and confident and I feel she'll be the right kind of presence to have at my birth. She's very experienced and knowledgable and had lots of amazing suggestions already. I'm beginning her Hypnobirthing classes in November, I can't wait!!! I'll start by passing on one of her suggestions- she said to start doing this around 30 weeks, but to start researching now: Spinningbabies.com. It has SO much info! I had never heard of it but I'm sure some of you have. Basically it's a method to help position your baby in the optimal birthing position in the final weeks of pregnancy.

I am so excited to have an expert by my side for my first pregnancy! She's quite expensive, but I feel it will be worth it.

Oh and jmandrews- I don't have a lot of gas pain, but I have a lot of gas. I do my best to not hold anything in, lol. Look up Yoga positions to help relieve gas- it really works.

One thing I have a ton of is reflux, but it's not heartburn, it is food literally coming back up my throat. It feels like I have a lump in my throat. It's really uncomfortable and I feel like I have to burp a lot but when I burp, food comes along. Yeah! Pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->