FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Hello 25 weeks :)

Anyone else surprised we're this far already???

Wow! 25 does sound far along!

I had a lady say to me at the supermarket today 'Not too far to go!' And I just sighed. I'll be five months next week, lady! Soooo far to go!

Speaking of which, I just had a bit of a cry. Got my first proper stretchmarks now. Purple and everything. And I'm only 22 weeks. I'm going to get so much bigger. :( My husband can barely look at me these days, let alone after they come when I'm all excess skin and stretchmarks. :(

Aww Melly! :hugs:

You're growing TWINS! Cut yourself a little slack! You will be surprised how fast your body looks semi-normal after birth I promise. I did not understand how anything would go back where it's supposed to with my first. But i was very pleased it wasn't as bad as i thought!

I'm sure your hubby thinks you're gorgeous and amazing.

Also people should really keep their mouths shut about how big we are! This week my aunt hurt my feelings by going on and on about how big I am and how i "wasn't nearly this big with the first!" And how i look bigger than when i delivered ds1.

V day for me today :) So happy, eeeeeeeeee!

I am bigger than I was with my daughter, I know this already. :)

Happy vday mrs poodle! :)

I think I'm bigger too, but not bigger than when i delivered ds1! Lol!!!!

Melly - I'm sorry that you're upset. Remember that your beautiful body is creating two beautiful, brand new human beings from scratch! I've heard that stretch marks fade significantly post pregnancy. Go do something nice for yourself:hugs:

The insensitive comments I have received this pregnancy have shocked me. It's like having a person inside of you suddenly gives people a license to say rude things! We tried a long time to get pregnant, so I'm just so thankful to be pregnant, but if I didn't feel this way the comments would be so hurtful! When I first started telling people: 'I wondered if you were pregnant or if you were just comfortable with OH and letting yourself go', 'I knew you were pregnant because your butt was getting bigger', and these days it's the typical 'how far along are you?' followed by shocked expressions. Sigh. Sorry for the rant.

Feronia - sorry for my slow reply - I'll let you know when I've got the hypnobabies package and what's in it that's useful other than the cds. (Haven't ordered it yet though.) And the more I read Ina May's book, the more I love it!

Hey ladies! I'm on the opposite end, I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow and sometimes I worry because I barely look pregnant. I'll take it as long as it doesn't mean anything is wrong with LO.

Supersherwolf, there was a girl at my prenatal class last week who is seven months pregnant and has only put on five pounds. And she is only about 100 pounds now! I have no idea where she's stashing the baby at this point. But it's not unusual. :hugs:

Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I should clarify, my husband said all the right things, I'm beautiful and I'll still be sexy etc etc, but he's having trouble getting aroused by me these days (says he feels too paternal and protective to have 'those kinds of thoughts') which is playing into my body issues a bit!

I am off for a prenatal massage and a pedicure so that will cheer me up. :D

Okay, I'm really lax when it comes to weight gain and what is healthy and what isn't, but only gaining 5 lbs from 95-100 lbs at 7 months along is NOT healthy. I'm sorry. I totally would not compare myself to her!

I totally understand body issues though. I had just gotten used to getting my body back and being in shape again, and my stretch marks under my boobs had faded completely, so feeling all giant again is definitely tough. I know my husband doesn't like it and he makes that clear, lol, but I keep assuring him I'll get my body back again... The stretchmarks do fade though! The stretchmarks that used to be huge red gashes on my boobs are invisible now, and fingers crossed they don't return!

Sending hugs Melly :hugs:

When I went for my ob check up last month and he was looking at my stomach he asked what my scars were from! I was like, uh.. this baby! I don't think I'm even showing that much yet but my stretch marks are really bad already.

I'm trying not to worry too much, mainly because it's happening for such a good reason! But I did get a load of stretch marks from a huge growth spurt when I was a teenager and they completely disappeared after not too long, so I'm confident in being able to get rid of these bad boys once I get back in to shape!

We had some good news this week, I asked our marina if we could possibly move to another spot and they've already got a place for us!

Being on the outside, we get by far the best view but we also get all the waves hitting us when the weather's not great, and I do get nervous of coming unattached to the dock when OH is working away as we only have a dock one side of us! Plus there's a big fuel barge that comes in next to our marina three times a week and as we're the closest, it's really noisy!

So all around moving to our new spot will be so much better. I will feel a lot less nervous when I'm on my own, I'll be able to sleep better at night as it will be a lot quieter, less noises to disturb the baby when she's here and a lot less walking up and down the dock for me!!

We should be moving next week. Luckily, when we move there's no need to pack :haha:

I went two weeks without seeing my mom and had quite a growth spurt...her response was "I can't imagine what you're going to be at 40 weeks!" Thanks mom!

How practical moving with a boat, captain! :haha: there is also something super cool about living on a boat. I bet lots of your daughter's friends will be jealous when it comes time for play dates etc!

Big hugs on the stretch marks, melly. Growing two humans is definitely good reason for the change, even if it sucks. Nearly every mum I know swears 90% of things go back to normal. (And the small changes they are fine with). I can sympathise with your husband... I am not very into bedroom antics these days. Everything is going well in this pregnancy, and I know that sex isn't dangerous, but it just makes me nervous of late. There is so much going on for both the mum and dad during a pregnancy- physically, emotionally, mentally. If your oh is apprehensive like I am at the moment, I can see how he is veering more towards being protective. I figure these things are always in a state of flux! I also can imagine feeling very powerless as you see so many things happening to your partner. Hopefully he is being sweet and cuddly for now, and it is just a temporary change! I would believe him when he says you are still beautiful and sexy to him... my oh is to me!

He is definitely being super cuddly to make up for it. I called upstairs that I was heading out for my massage (which was blissful) and he came running down saying 'Not without a cuddle you're not!' And wrapped me up tight. He knows I'm delicate about the stretchmarks. :lol:

I think Sheila might have flipped again, feeling lots of movements down low on the left again.

Is anybody already thinking of spinningbabies.com or any other ways of trying to encourage their baby to be head down? Or is it still too early?

Check this page for information on "when to start" spinningbabies: https://spinningbabies.com/about-spinning-babies/faq/224-when-should-one-start

I do think it's a bit early considering that babies at this stage flip around quite a bit, but I can see how practicing good posture would help!

It's definitely very early to be worrying about babies positions, however practicing sitting correctly and not lolling on sofa's in bad postures for example will get you used to doing it.
I sat on my birthing ball a lot from early third trimester as it was a lot more comfortable than our couch and I thought it would encourage ds to get in a decent birth position.
God only knows what position he'd have been in had I not!
Xx

Yes, I need to start making some posture/ position changes myself. With DD, I slouched majorly, especially on the couch, and she ended up being occiput posterior which contributed to a much longer later. I read after the fact that slouching back increases the rate of OP babies, so I think I need to try to stop doing it now!

Glad to hear good news about the move Captain! That's awesome!

Melly I've been reading Spinning Babies to refresh my memory so I can get moving along with it when the time is right. :) Never too soon to be mentally prepared, I figure LOL even if I'm not starting anything yet. Also hugs on the stretch marks. I had them from a growth spurt in HS, but when I got them when my LO dropped (my first pregnancy) I was pretty bummed because I had been using lotion and oil religiously and had thought I would be "safe." But now I view them as just a sign of how dang awesome my body is for carrying my baby girl. :hugs: I know it stinks, but they'll fade immensely in time. <3 You're growing not just one, but two babies, and that's pretty damn rad, imo. :hugs:

I'm a sloucher too, Feronia. I need to get my butt in gear with that. LOL.

I've gained less this pregnancy than with my daughter, by far. With her, I always got remarks how "big" I looked and how I'd "never make it to term." I didn't. But it had nothing with my weight gain. Now, people keep asking me, "do you even eat?" Sheesh, yes I do. Shut up.

23 weeks today, I'm enthralled! I feel pretty good, all things considered. We had a wonderful, busy weekend doing fall festivities. Here's my pumpkin I picked to carve! :D

Attachments

• 10407937_990736280943475_5240616992007385745_n.jpg
    10407937_990736280943475_5240616992007385745_n.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 5
Swan, in your profile pic are you wearing the Tula's lower strap above your bump? I've been wearing mine under it but I'm wondering whether there's a reason or if it's better to wear it over.

Feronia: I have it above! When I went to MommyCon the girl was helping me out and said you can do above or below; she said some people prefer above, others below. I found pressure below my bump often is uncomfortable, which leads to me wearing full-panel pants all the time. It makes me nauseous otherwise. So I wore it above the bump yesterday. It took a little getting used to and I haven't tried it below-the-bump yet to compare. But it didn't feel bad! Just dug into my chest a bit if I bent forward to grab something, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->