FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I can hand on heart say i have not slept through the night since getting my BFP! I have kind of got used to it now :wacko:

v day today! :dance:

i havent slept through the night in months always get up to pee and usually to eat/drink something as well

really making progress on getting things for baby. we got our carseat with two bases and an infant insert. we got a baby gate (mostly to keep our dog out of her room) we got a bundle me for her carseat and we are probably going to get another one for when she is big enough to sit in her stroller without the carseat adapted to it. we got her stroller which is a BOB revolution SE with an infant carseat adapter for it as well. we got a glider chair for the nursery. no crib or crib mattress yet but that is next for sure!

Wow, you're so organized Bridget!! People keep asking what we have, and it's really still only the two car seats and the stroller caddy. :lol:

I think insomnia during pregnancy is preparing you for not being able to sleep when you have a baby. :dohh:
I haven't been able to sleep in past 6am nor have I had a full night's of uninterrupted sleep for about 2 years now. :coffee: DD nursed during the night every 2 hours or so, sometimes being up 10+ times until she was 17 months. Needless to say, I don't have any sympathy whatsoever when my childless friends complain about being tired after staying up late partying. :haha:

I am getting used to the insomnia, I need to prepare to be awake at all hours. I used to be able to sleep like 8 - 10 hours straight...not anymore! I also find myself hungry in the middle of the night, I try to have a piece of cheese or some fruit.

My goal is to have everything ready to go by 30 weeks - that means nursery finished, clothes/blankets/etc. washed and put away and everything ready and in place. Then I will start on the first year scrapbooks and just take time to relax.

I think being ready by 30 weeks sounds like a good plan- especially with twins and two times the work!! ;) i think we are getting car seats and a crib in the next few weeks. Will then do a real push for everything else after Christmas- we aren't asking, but may well get gifts, and otherwise hoping to profit from post-Christmas sales. By Christmas I will be 32ish weeks.

Awe, I slept straight through the night last night in what seemed like forever! I got about 8 hours and it only felt like 5minutes!
I just have to share the craziest dream I had last weekend! I dreamed I had a rip in my side and baby could come out of my belly still in a sac and would hug me and kiss me. Then go back in my belly. Each time it would come out of my belly for a "visit" my stomach would go flat, but saggy haha!
Baby was a girl in my dream as well.
It was so weird!
As for things we've bought so far. I've got a pretty decent stash of cloth diapers ready, and some clothes. We bought a swing and a packnplay and I got a bunch of stuff given to me as well from a co-worker. I think next is the travel system, which I kinda want to wait for a big boxing day sale for!
I also finally booked us in for prenatal classes for December! Yay! :)
Hope everyone is doing well :)

Crazy dream, wnt2be! Can't say I have had any that wild. I did dream I was having a girl shortly before we found out it is indeed a girl :)

This board has been uncharacteristically quiet the last couple of days. Everyone must be busier than i am ;)

I have what could be a fun name question... what names do you love that your baby's dad vetoed? I have a good few!

Boys: Asher, Abel
Girls: Verity, Suvi, Mabel, Marina

That's all that comes to mind... but there have definitely been A LOT more!

Before we knew the sex and were discussing boys names, I loved Carter but OH thought it sounded like a butlers name :( I also loved Harrison which he didn't like!

As for girl names, my favourite was Harper to begin with, I was sad that he vetoed it but very happy with the name we've ended up with :)

SurpriseBub, I think it is a great idea to stock up during after Christmas sales! I am hoping to find a few things during Black Friday sales. My shower is in a couple of weeks so I can see what is left on my registry after that. I am also stocking up on household products like paper towel, toilet paper, etc. That way I don't have to worry about shopping, except for food once the twins arrive. Also planning on making up a bunch of freezer meals in December and January.

Wnt2beAMom, definitely a crazy dream! But super cool that your little one could visit you to give you hugs and kisses!

Actually I don't think my hubby has vetoed any names I have suggested. I have vetoed just about all the names he suggested though!

I wish i could wait til the sales! I want to be 100% ready by beginning of December as i'll be 30 weeks by then and although they do not have permission to arrive anytime around then... in theory they could be :wacko:

I have the cots to pick up hopefully on the 25th Oct (already paid for but store is holding them for me), my pram to buy on the 9th November (10% off that day at mothercare at there parent to be show lol) I still need two sensor mat monitors, electric breast pump and to decorate the nursery -then i'm set :)

I'm not organised at all! I have stuff left over from ds although I have no idea what I'm going to buy extra except for a bouncy chair and a swing. We are in the process of renovating and hopefully selling and moving so I'm waiting to know what we are doing and where we are going to live before getting stuff.
I did get a new baby car seat which is in storage at the in laws because it was half price and clothes in a sale plus I've been given a whole bin liner of girls clothes up to 6 months. All the baby needs at first is milk and nappies so I'm not worried.
Xx

I wrote a list with boy names that are acceptable/debatable. Then I gave it to OH and told him to circle the ones he liked and draw a line over those he didn't. He did that and a few of the names were left on the list. I think we got a name now. It's not final yet but if you ask me, we're sticking with it (unless we find a better one). The only problem is that the boy my mom was babysitting (she's currently babysitting his sister) has that name. But we live an hour away and who says they're even going to stay in touch with my mom after they don't need her anymore (well, the first two kids she baybsat are still like her grandchildren even though the oldest is now 14 years old).
The name is Patrik.

I have a list of names DH has vetoed that I still like.
Girls: Iara, Othelia, Ottilie, Isolde, Ianthe, Xanthe, Evie
Boys: Zephyr, Ambrose, Alastair ... I don't really like many boy names!

We're going to a free baby swap in a few weeks and I hope to get anything we need there! Last year we got sooooo many clothes and shoes for my daughter, and they let you take one bag per child, including when you're pregnant. :)

I wasn't going to say anything until she was born, no matter what happens... But for now Evie is our name! It is so far the only name that OH has immediately responded positively to :) my only concern is that it suddenly seems very popular... I don't know if it is just because I am thinking about it a lot, but I seem to see it everywhere now :( I don't want her to go to school with five other kids with the same name!

Am I paranoid? Or does it seem too popular?

I like Patrick, I haven't seen it spelled Patrik before though!

SurpriseBub, DH and I both actually love the name Evie but vetoed it due to its popularity. When we started liking it, we had no idea it was popular. Take a look at how much it's grown though: https://www.ourbabynamer.com/Evie-name-popularity.html

(Awesome site for checking out popularity charts by the way!)

My DH vetoed our baby boys name at first but then Brecken grew on him. :)
He did the same with our DD's name but he loves it now. Her name is Everlee but we call her Evie a lot! :) love the name Evie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->