FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

shells, savvy - did you guys get an additional long-ish scan after your anatomy scan? I just had a phone call from the diagnostic department saying my OB had ordered a scan after my appointment last week, and they didn't know why, but that the appointment would be 45-60 minutes. So I emailed her (my OB) and got the following reply:

Good morning Melly,

Dr. F is currently attending patient's at this time but I spoke with Dr. F and she said the ultrasound is for evaluation of fetal growth (anatomy) of your twins. Please let our department know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,
[Nurse]

So yeah, just wondering if this is a routine twin scan? When I asked her last week if she was happy with the anatomy scan she said yes, everything looked good, and she did a quick measurement and they were both measuring a little ahead (22weeks instead of 21weeks). So I guess I'm just confused why/if they need to be measured again, and if so why it would be such a long scan.

Melly, I have scans scheduled every 4 weeks and they will be even closer together later in pregnancy. I had the anatomy scan at 19 weeks and the scan last week at 23 weeks. They told me it would be a 60 minute scan - but it was more like 30-35 minutes and then the tech had to discuss the results with the doctors, etc. So we were there probably 50 minutes. In this scan she took a look at a few things that the babies wouldn't show at the anatomy scan and she double checked their kidney functions, measurements of their heads, heart beats, etc. She also checked the length of my cervix. I think it is just a routine thing they do when you have multiples...or at least at the hospital I go to. My next scan is scheduled in 3 weeks when I will be 27 weeks.

Okay, this sounds the same then, I had my anatomy scan at 19 weeks and this one will be at 24 weeks. Thanks!

Welcome soontobe!

I have gained 25 pounds... will see how that ends up! I'm not that worried, but want to stay healthy/eat healthy and all of that. My dr had originally said that 30 pounds is her suggested gain. Will definitely surpass that and then some at this rate! I think I have been eating too much sugar lately, but it is hard to obey all the rules from no deli meat down to this much of this and that vitamin etc...

My OH is finally into talking about names. I seem to get really nervous just thinking about it now. I guess this is slowly getting real, and I am just so anxious for the path to run smoothly.

Melly i also have a scan every 4 weeks since 20 weeks :) It is just regular growth scans to make sure if there is any kind of IUGR then they notice it sooner and can monitor - if they notice anything then they would move them to every 2 weeks (UK) i've had scans at 9 wks, 12 wks, 20 wks, 24 wks... my next is on 12th Nov for my 28 week - they schedule the next one after each one over here - so 32wks and 36 wks if we get that far :thumbup:

I am getting a growth scan (I assume a pretty short one) at my next appt. I was 19 weeks at the anatomy scan and will be 25 at the next one. I think that is it for me for scans unless they do a third tri growth check that I don't know about.

SurpriseBub, the name conversations definitely make things feel more real!!

I gained between 4&5 stone (14lb in a st) pregnant with ds, over a stone and a half was lost the day I had him and 3 stone by 6 weeks pp. Unfortunately I ate badly after that and failed to return to pre pregnancy weight although I got within 12lb of pre pregnancy weight from when he was 2 til before I got pregnant.
Xx

Hi everyone :flower: I've just been enjoying reading for the past week or so. I've been having a fun time: pelvic and hip pain, back pain, and the best of all: got woken up by an INSANE leg cramp last night. So I'm really soaking up the joys of pregnancy right now. It's freaking me out a little because I want a natural birth and I feel discouraged by my lack of tolerance for these pains, but I know birth is different because it has a purpose and relief comes when the baby comes out. So I just have to try to stay positive. I hope my pelvic pain doesn't get worse and worse, but that's kind of what I'm expecting seeing as I'm only going to get bigger. I hope no one else is dealing with these pains. It's pretty inconvenient to need help carrying things and sometimes not being able to even walk or get in the car without feeling like I'm ripping my pelvis in two. Trying to remember it's all for the baby. Don't break mommy, little baby! Lol.

Megan - I can honestly say constant hip pain, cramops and other pregnancy woes were/are worse than labour and birth.
The exhaustion (long 26 hour labour) was the hardest part, believe in yourself, you will do it.
I'm the worlds biggest wimp, I had an over 10lb baby with no pain relief except 2 cocodamol 6 hours before he was born.
Xx

Sorry about all the aches and pains, Megan. :( Perhaps you could find a physio with pregnancy experience near you?

My back has started aching, and that gets me down, too. I don't think that is a reflection of how you will handle labour though... I think long term aches are a lot harder to cope with than more intense pain that is shorter-lived and with the instant reward of a baby (I hope!). :flower:

Raspberry- it is very nice to hear you say it, having been through childbirth once before! :flower:

I know how you feel Megan! My back pain has been unbearable some nights and last night it was crippling. I've had to get my husband to help me sit/stand and walk to the bathroom! Having that coupled with a severe storm that rolled through last night (I was wide awake until 5AM!) it was a real stinker!

Do we have anyone from Ottawa in here? I don't think we do but just in case.. I hope they're staying safe! My brother in law works for the government there and is currently on lock down, scary stuff. What's the world coming to eh?

I totally agree, Raspberry! The exhaustion was by far the worst part of my 56 hour labour. The hip and pelvic pain I get occasionally is awful and I sympathize with you, Megan. It sounds like you have it a lot worse, and it really can't be compared to labour sensations. I'd rather go through labour unmedicated than deal with constant pain in my hips and joints!

I was at my pre-natal yoga class the other day and the teacher had us practice moving our arms up and down in a certain way that was really painful to the muscles for 3 minutes straight! She said it was to simulate contractions in order to learn how to breathe through them. I blurted out "I'm sorry, this is WAY worse than a contraction -- plus contractions don't last for 3 minutes!" :haha:
Point is, I really don't think it can be simulated!

At the prenatal class last week they said to practice holding an ice cube on your hand for 60 seconds and practicing your breathing/relaxation/coping techniques.

Melly i also have a scan every 4 weeks since 20 weeks :) It is just regular growth scans to make sure if there is any kind of IUGR then they notice it sooner and can monitor - if they notice anything then they would move them to every 2 weeks (UK) i've had scans at 9 wks, 12 wks, 20 wks, 24 wks... my next is on 12th Nov for my 28 week - they schedule the next one after each one over here - so 32wks and 36 wks if we get that far :thumbup:

Bummer, no twin-twin scans next month...my appointment is on November 11th! :)

Anyone else getting leg cramps at night? I am so tired of waking up out of a deep sleep with a terrible leg cramp...plus my leg continues to hurt for a day or two after the cramp. Mainly my right leg. Totally worth the pain for these twins!

Thanks for the ideas on practicing for labor!

Feronia I hope we both get shorter labours this time!
Most others that I've spoken to think I'm mad because I said I'd rather be in labour than have spd/pgo/sciatica etc etc.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->