FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Melly, at least if you do get them you'll know it's most likely just your uterus being irritable (that sounds so funny by the way) and that they aren't causing changes to your cervix. My midwife told me that it takes full contractions to change your cervix, so when I was having contractions with DD around this point my midwife pointed out that they were only going part way up. That being said, if they ever start to feel more painful than you experienced before don't ignore it and get checked out!

Lovely artwork and colour schemes, ladies! :) a friend of mine is a graphic designer and she said she would love to do some prints... Will see what she comes up with! I had mentioned grey and yellow or green and pink as my colour ideas. We won't have a real nursery- she will sleep in our room and her room will be a bit of nursery/guest room/second living room until we move in a year's time :)

It feels like a million years since I found I was pregnant at 6 weeks! Can't believe we are all talking about nurseries and cribs! :)

surprisebub it amazes me where the time has gone! Seemed to take forever to get to 12 weeks (don't suppose it helped i found out at 3+1) and here we are most of us in double figures with induction dates, nurseries and lots of plans in place! Scary! lol x

Wow shells, you found out at 8dpo?! Did you suspect twins from the start because of that? :D

Thanks everyone! It is so hard to believe we will have babies in our arms soon! Yay!

Love the color and themes plus the picture quotes! So cute!

We are doing black, gray, turquoise, and accent with gold. I am doing a arrow theme as well. I'll take a pic of what I have so far. I think it is going to look so cute when it is done. :)

Wow shells, you found out at 8dpo?! Did you suspect twins from the start because of that? :D

yes i was only 8dpo when i got a positive test :) I suspected twins because of this and the fact my LH surge was 48 hrs instead of the usual 6hrs (thank you final round of clomid)... to begin with i hoped it meant a strong egg and a sticky bean... then something just told me it was twins, I kept trying to prepare DH it was twins..... i just 'Knew' :) My Digi read 2-3 at just 12dpo (i never did another digi after that) x

yes i was only 8dpo when i got a positive test :) I suspected twins because of this and the fact my LH surge was 48 hrs instead of the usual 6hrs (thank you final round of clomid)... to begin with i hoped it meant a strong egg and a sticky bean... then something just told me it was twins, I kept trying to prepare DH it was twins..... i just 'Knew' :) My Digi read 2-3 at just 12dpo (i never did another digi after that) x

I didn't think that finding out earlier meant multiples!
I found out at 9dpo, the first time I tested that cycle and got a faint line. My beta was 34 at 10dpo and 135 at 12dpo. I joked with my hubby it was triplets! We are very thankful it is just twins! :)
Shells, I know you and I both wished for twins right before we found out...funny how things turned out.

Crazy! I actually found out at 9 dpo this time but my hcg was rising normally so I didn't suspect twins. Yes, finding out earlier than usual is a possible sign of multiples since you have two embryos producing HCG so it generally raises above the minimum point faster, but the doubling rate is more of a positive indicator.

Crazy! I actually found out at 9 dpo this time but my hcg was rising normally so I didn't suspect twins. Yes, finding out earlier than usual is a possible sign of multiples since you have two embryos producing HCG so it generally raises above the minimum point faster, but the doubling rate is more of a positive indicator.

Feronia, I never thought of it that way, it does make sense!

Now that I posted that I haven't felt kicks/movement above my belly button, last night I started feeling some kicks up higher. They aren't too strong, but definitely something going on in there! Maybe Baby A flipped?

I tested positive at either 7 or 8 dpo, I think I ovulated overnight so it's hard to say the exact day. But it was super early and for me the beginning weeks went by really slowly too!

I finally decided to skip the rest of the birth stories for now in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and now I'm reading Part II, where she actually discusses the ins and outs of childbirth. It is soooo helpful!! I recommend it to everyone who is considering natural childbirth, or to anyone at all who expects to feel any part of labor. It is going to be so helpful for someone with high anxiety like me. Also having my doula by my side the whole time is going to be very comforting, as well as the hypnobirthing classes which start this week on Thursday.

Feronia- how is the hypnobabies study going? If I can keep my mind focused on reading, I might also read that one. I have a sort of mental block when it comes to sitting down with my Kindle or a book, but I never regret reading when I actually do it!! I am also going to read the Happiest Baby on the Block guide to sleeping, and maybe a book on breastfeeding if I can find a good one. I hear a lot of women read about childbirth but then don't read about what to do with a newborn and they wish they had... lol. Although obviously a lot of it is trial and error and just seeing what works with your own baby. I also really need to learn how to swaddle before we have him. I am buying the aden & anais swaddling clothes (if they aren't gifted to me from my registry) which are supposed to be pretty fantastic and big enough for a really good swaddle.

On my way to prenatal yoga now... second class... first class I struggled emotionally to accept that my body isn't as good at yoga with 30 extra pounds and an unbalanced build, but I think I'll do better today. I know there are lots of great online yoga videos, but I commit more when I'm actually attending a live class.

Hope everyone is doing great- it's getting cold and windy here in NY so before we know it I expect the long and snowy winter will commence!!

Megamegan, glad you're enjoying Ina May! I also really like Birthing From Within if you can get that one. I'm not re-reading my HypnoBirthing book since I feel like I've internalized it enough from my last birth, but I'm still listening to the HypnoBabies CDs that I borrowed from someone. They're actually sooooo relaxing and put me to sleep almost every time, but she says that's fine, heh. The HypnoBirthing CDs were not this relaxing!

If you're looking for Breastfeeding books, I highly recommend The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by LLL or anything by Jack Newman (his is called The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers: The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solving Guide to Breastfeeding, but he has others.) It's also helpful to watch videos by reputable sources for establishing a good latch, but your midwife and doula should also help with this. Having the name of a good LC (or if you can, an IBCLC) ahead of time is also a good idea so you don't struggle around to find someone if you're in need. KellyMom is also awesome for questions. :)

So I think I've joined the SPD wagon. :( I'm betting it's from carrying my daughter long distances on one hip while walking since that puts my pelvis out of alignment. I'm going to try to make a support belt out of one of my woven wraps and see if that helps, but doing prenatal yoga has been putting me out of commission for days afterwards due to the pain. But I want to exercise! I totally know what you mean about feeling clumsy during prenatal yoga. I feel like I'm the clumsiest one there and I have trouble doing a lot of poses that weren't difficult before. There's a belly dancer and a gymnast in the class and they are having no problems, lol, but it's so intense for me!

Ugh- i am feel hugely guilty today. We went to a colleague of my husband's for dinner last night. They made steak and veg and he gave me my 'well done' one, which was more like medium-rare. I kind of ate a fair amount from around the edges so as not to be rude but have been wracked with guilt ever since. I know meat should only be well done, and just wish I never ate it! :cry:

I had a medium steak for dinner last night and ate the whole thing with relish and feel no guilt today. It will be fine. :hugs:

I always eat all of my steak medium/ med rare as a compromise on rare/raw :haha: you'll be fine xx

Hi everyone,

Sorry I’ve been so quiet lately.

Megan – I’m also reading Ina May’s book right now and LOVE IT! However, it’s actually made me scared to give birth in a hospital with a doctor! I haven’t been able to get a midwife (on a waitlist - unlikely), and really wish I had. Here we have the option of giving birth with a midwife in a hospital, which is what I would choose if I could get one. I also skipped a bunch of the birth stories to get to the second half, lol.

I think she also published a breastfeeding book. Has anyone read it?

Melly – Hope your uterus isn’t acting up too much.

Raspberry – Sorry to hear about you and your OH. Hope you’re doing ok.

Shey – Good luck with your parents.

Captain – I love the colours for the baby’s room and the hammock is awesome!!

SurpriseBub - I had same dilemma last night when we went to a friend's for supper, but was shrimp. You'd likely be sick already, so no harm done.

We’ve been looking at houses for a really long time and finally signed the final papers on one yesterday. :) Closing is Nov. 28. I’m so relieved as our condo is quite small. Also, the process has been very stressful, so glad that the decision is made. Really excited to move and now be able to truly plan for the baby. I haven’t wanted to get much as we have so little space!

:cry::cry:I had a crazy panic attack today my heart beat was missing 1 in 3 and I was hyperventilating thinking I couldnt breath. My hub just paniced and called 999, im so sick of feeling like this I havent eaten for 24hs but im too scared of choking I just dont know were to go for help

2nd time- oh no! Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time :( If you have a fear of choking, maybe try making yourself a smoothie first to introduce some nutrients into your body again, and that way you're just sipping on a smooth drink. I know when I have intense anxiety, I never want to eat because I'm just freaking out, but as soon as I eat my blood sugar evens out and I feel much better. Then once you eat I'd recommend finding someone to talk to or an outlet like journaling or exercise to help release some of your tension. Best of luck <3

Feronia- oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling the SPD pain too!! Mine is always worse after yoga but honestly the swimming seems to have helped a lot so I'm sticking with both activities to build strength and flexibility. It must be a lot harder having your daughter to carry around. Also- thank you SO much for the recommendations for books- you don't know how much you are helping me! It is much appreciated. I love all of this stuff.

huckleberry- I read a review of the book where someone said the same thing, that it made them fear hospital births and doctors, but in the end that turned out to be a good thing because she just labored at home and only showed up at the hospital when it was time to push. Personally, I've hired a doula so I know someone will be by my side the whole time no matter whose care I'm under (OB, midwife, nurses). That gives me tremendous comfort because I know she's seen hundreds of births and will give me the confidence to handle any situation without panic. Maybe you can look into hiring a doula? Here in NY they are very expensive ($1,000-1,500) but I hear that's double or triple the price of most locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->