FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Who has two thumbs and an irritable uterus? This guy!

I went in and they monitored me for an hour. I had five reasonable-sized contractions over the hour (only mildly painful still) and lots of low level twitching activity. So they did another vaginal ultrasound (much less painful than last week! thankfully the infection must have cleared and the swelling gone down) and my cervix is still long (5.7cm) and thick so they sent me home and told me to stay hydrated and rest more. :lol: Not *exactly* sure what that means (can I go to aqua aerobics tomorrow?) but they aren't worried about preterm labour, which is good.

Feronia, sounds like a fun night! We just got home (8pm) and I think we've missed the wave of trick-or-treaters. :( But our lights are on and we have a big bowl of candy in the doorway for if anyone comes by!

Glad you got good news, Melly! :)

No trick or treaters came here, so we have a big bag of kit kats and pumpkin reese's pieces. Sadly, turns out the reese's pieces don't *taste* like pumpkin- they are just vaguely pumpkin shaped. Sadness.

Melly, glad you're ok! :)

I have an irritable uterus as well! This site was a great resource in my last pregnancy and explains things a little better :) https://www.irritable-uterus.com/

My dr now told me if I start having a bunch of contractions, first stop what I'm doing and lay down on my left side. Then I'm to drink a bottle of water (24oz). After one hour they should slow. By the end of the third hour they should be gone or I have to go in. I am sure your dr will explain his protocol at your next appointment...

IU is annoying, but luckily usually doesn't cause issues ;) I had frequent tv ultrasounds to check cervix length and it wasn't until about 34 weeks it got to 1.5cm. Then by the time I was induced at 36 weeks I was 100% effaced and over 2cm dilated. Even with magnesium and an epidural (both can slow labor significantly) I had a quick, relatively easy time.

Rest up hon! If you have questions about irritable uterus feel free to ask :hugs:

Hope the rest of you had a great Halloween :)

PS, i find going in the pool relaxing to contractions... i am sure i do much much less in the pool with my toddler than aerobics, but i think you'll be alright to go if you feel up to it :)

Happy V-Day to me! :)
Almost 4am and I can't sleep. Ugh Brecken is moving like crazy, I'm hungry, and I feel a cold coming on. No good.
Happy November!

You've all been busy bees since I logged in yesterday.

We went for our 4d scan yesterday evening, this baby was not really cooperative and was snuggled into my placenta, hands and feet in front of her face, and then she had her head right up under my ribs and diaphragm.
No amount of moving or drinking helped so we are going back in 2 weeks.
From what we did see she looks like ds.

That hanging crib captain is a great idea imo, I saw too late a hammock style crib last time and this time I haven't seen any around. I think ds would have slept much better in one than the rubbish moses basket we used to start with.

Melly I'm glad you're okay and glad you went in, I would always say to anyone to go get checked out regardless of how silly they thought it might be.

Good luck telling your parents shey!

Back pain - sorry I can remember who said they were struggling.
I really recommend a birth ball for sitting on, I loved aquanatal classes for relief too and I'm going to try to get to one again soon.
Xx

Hello ladies, ive had loads of reading to catch up on on here! Phew! Glad your all well and congrats on all the scans. Ive been so busy lately. Had my little girls birthday party and a halloween party. Then on top of that have had weekly appointments to check blood pressure as it has gone high. Had doppler tests and one was high, so now have to have scans every 4 weeks. At doppler scan they let slip there was something dangling! So im team blue!
Strange as DS gave me high blood pressure which is why i ended up with an emergency c-section. Maybe boys give my high blood pressure? My 2 girls didnt. Luckily growth is fine so far, so i just have to take it easy xxx

Jm, sorry you're feeling crap! I hope you don't get too sick! :hugs:

Ras, sorry your little girl didn't want to cooperate much :) Hope she lets you get some good pictures next time :)

Bubbamadness, that's so interesting! I wonder if the boy hormones affect you differently? I'm on the every week checks too due to concerns about preeclampsia. I hope your bp stays ok and you have time to rest :hugs:

Along with buying some essentials, I couldn't resist this dress and cardi combo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
Happy vday, jm! :) I just realized that in a few days all Feb bubs will be past 24 weeks... and some of you are already under 100 days to your due date!!!! :)

I hope your little one cooperates at the next scan, raspberry. :)

Sorry they let the cat out of the bag at your scan, bubbamadness. Yay for :blue:, though! :)

Surprise, i actually got out my calculator today and counted the days till 37 weeks ;) 71 days!!!!! Sounds crazy!

Glad everything is okay, Melly! I also have an irritable uterus. I got cramps for hours whenever my midwife would palpate or examine me, and she said that it was unusual and that it was just a bit more irritable. It also meant that I was in pre-labour for 3 weeks before actually going into labour -- it sucked, I had frequent contractions that came with a pattern during the day that fizzled out at night starting at 37 weeks and DD didn't come until 40+4. Everything I did (besides sleeping) brought them on. If you're not at risk for pre-term labour, then I don't think continuing your activity would hurt -- but of course ask your doctor!

Happy V-day, jmandrews!

Feronia, do you have it this time? I have contractions a lot but it doesn't seem the same as with ds1. Doesn't seem as bad this time. I think it has something to do with baby's position this time, but who knows?

ttc - We're going with a grey, a sort of teal and a little pink. I use this picture as a good example (came across on Pintrest!). Only the grey doesn't look grey at all, it's just white really! Still haven't decided if we'll change paint and try again.
il_570xN.550816353_eahd.jpg

Happy V-Day JM!

Feronia, do you have it this time? I have contractions a lot but it doesn't seem the same as with ds1. Doesn't seem as bad this time. I think it has something to do with baby's position this time, but who knows?

Well I get BH all the time and had them really early on. It was the same with DD but the pre-labour was really something else and that started at 37 weeks. I get them while walking or lying down in certain positions, or any time I'm examined or palpated. So if it's anything like with DD, I'll get them more regularly once baby is a lot bigger and nearer to term.

Shey, I hope it goes well when you tell your parents, and that you have lots of support around you either way.

Captain, that's a really nice inspiration pic! I hope it turns out the way you want it.

Feronia, thanks for the description. I really hope I don't have contractions for the next 14 weeks!

Happy v-day, jm!! Three days for me. :happydance:

ttc - We're going with a grey, a sort of teal and a little pink. I use this picture as a good example (came across on Pintrest!). Only the grey doesn't look grey at all, it's just white really! Still haven't decided if we'll change paint and try again.
il_570xN.550816353_eahd.jpg

Happy V-Day JM!

we're doing grey, pale Blue and white :) I was looking on Etsy and saw a lovely print that said 'Twice the hugs, Twice kisses, twice the love'... and i recreated it and printed it of my self and framed it :) I have also done the 'Miracles sometimes come in pairs' with two elephants on it - just need to get the nursery sorted that seems to be getting put off every weekend (including this one again!)

Melly Hope that IU doesn't give you too much trouble! x

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/twiceposter_zps494515eb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"