FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I've been playing catch up and reading 40+ pages. I learn so much from you ladies! Even though, I'm not the chattiest, I still really enjoy being a part of this group.

I'm currently struggling with severe mid-back pain. It's horrible. It hurts to sit the most, and it even hurts when I am laying down in certain positions. I talked to my doctor about it and he basically just said that I'm a girl with a small frame that is only putting on weight in my boobs/belly region (as opposed to hips, butt, thighs, legs, etc.) and that it's causing the back pain. He suggested a support belt and said that chiropractic/massage are both safe during pregnancy and can offer some relief.

Is anyone else dealing with this back pain? Any suggestions for what has worked for you? I know that it's only going to get worse and would love to get some coping methods. I'd hang out in a warm bath all day if I could! :winkwink:

Hi Miss Eyre!

I have had a bit of an achey back, but nothing like what some of you are going through! The number #1 thing that has helped me is to sit up straight with a cushion behind my back. After doing that for a week, it is much better! I think it helps as instead of treating the problem I am stopping it from really developing.

I hope some of the ladies with worse issues might have some better tips for you, too!!

Sorry to hear about back pains. I get them from sleeping in my side. I hate that I cannot sleep on my back.

Anyone else only feel their little one below the navel? At almost 27 weeks I expected him to creep upwards more. My OB said I'm measuring right on track but I wonder why he is only down low and to the sides? I'm not excited about possible rib kicks, but I want to make sure he is growing as normal.

MissEyre, sorry about the back pain. I've been going to the chiro and having massages for the last few weeks and I can't say it's helped much yet. Just started wearing a support belt yesterday, hoping to feel some relief by the end of the weekend!

So, question for everyone. I've been having mild cramps across the front of my belly basically all day. I sat down for an hour at one point and paid attention and they were happening on average every four minutes - sometimes regularly for 20 minutes, then nothing for 10 minutes. I've been drinking tonnes of water in case it's dehydration and no change. If I get distracted by something I don't notice them for awhile until a stronger one (still only about a 3 on a scale of 1-10) happens, that's how mild they are (1-2 out of 10). They get worse/stronger when I walk. Are these Braxton Hicks? Or practice contractions? I had been thinking BH were not supposed to be painful.

Sorry to hear about back pains. I get them from sleeping in my side. I hate that I cannot sleep on my back.

Anyone else only feel their little one below the navel? At almost 27 weeks I expected him to creep upwards more. My OB said I'm measuring right on track but I wonder why he is only down low and to the sides? I'm not excited about possible rib kicks, but I want to make sure he is growing as normal.

My little guy is like this too. With my first i felt kicks up high so I had an inkling this baby is not head down. I asked at my scan last week (where baby was measuring even a bit ahead) and he is breech. His head is up by my ribs on the left and his feet are at the bottom. I KNEW he must be in a position like that because of how the kicks are so different from ds1 whose head was engaged already by 26 weeks. Don't worry, I'm sure baby is completely fine, just probably breech at the moment.

If I still feel like my little guy is in this position by 30 weeks I'm going to be starting some exercises to get him to turn.

MissEyre, sorry about the back pain. I've been going to the chiro and having massages for the last few weeks and I can't say it's helped much yet. Just started wearing a support belt yesterday, hoping to feel some relief by the end of the weekend!

So, question for everyone. I've been having mild cramps across the front of my belly basically all day. I sat down for an hour at one point and paid attention and they were happening on average every four minutes - sometimes regularly for 20 minutes, then nothing for 10 minutes. I've been drinking tonnes of water in case it's dehydration and no change. If I get distracted by something I don't notice them for awhile until a stronger one (still only about a 3 on a scale of 1-10) happens, that's how mild they are (1-2 out of 10). They get worse/stronger when I walk. Are these Braxton Hicks? Or practice contractions? I had been thinking BH were not supposed to be painful.

Melly, i think you need to call your dr! Not to worry you at all, but this is exactly how I got at 25 weeks with ds1 and they had to give me a shot to stop contractions. You need to make sure it's not preterm labor especially being at a higher risk carrying twins.

I would call immediately and don't wait. You need to be seen to make sure everything's good to go :hugs:

imphope, I am only feeling the twins down low too. Baby A was breech and B was transverse at my last ultrasound 2 weeks ago. The highest I have felt movement was about level with my belly button.

Melly, I agree with ttc. I would definitely call the doctor. Always better to check in and get their opinion especially with our higher risk pregnancies. Thinking of you and hoping everything is okay.

Imphope: I am my midwife said its probably because of the position of my placenta (Anterior) So I am really glad my little boy likes to have his feet anywhere but up :D

I was thinking the same thing about the placenta maybe blocking some movement, imphope. I feel movement in a few different places, but never lower left. I suspect my anterior placenta is kind of anterior/left. I plan to ask at my next scan.

I agree on calling your doctor, melly. Or just going straight to L&D as I would suspect that is what your dr will advise. I have read that BH shouldn't have a pattern to them (not sure if your timings suggest that they do?).

none of us can say if it is bh or contractions. Hopefully it is all fine and just pesky BH. My motto is definitely to get checked if you are in doubt. Good luck!

I just feel silly because I was only there a week ago with my increased discharge issue which took hours and was a painful exam and an infection after all that! And they are really very mild. *dithers*

Midwives here always say they'd rather see a hundred women who turned out to be fine than miss one who wasn't because she was worried about wasting their time! BH shouldn't have a pattern or be painful so I'd get checked just to be on the safe side.

Low movements here too, kicks right in the crotch! I also have AP but not sure where.

Don't feel embarrassed or like a time waster if you do go in. That is what the docs are there for!

From what you say, I think that personally i would go... but none of us can tell what you and the pains feel like! Listen to your gut. :flower:

Melly, no need to feel silly! Having contractions like that (bh or otherwise) is a good reason to call.

Imp, I agree with the others that you could have an anterior placenta. I don't, but I am sure esp after scan that it's his position not anything else in my case ;)

Okay I rang them and they want me to come in and checked out. I feel like such a 'girl who cried wolf'!

Don't feel bad at all! Hopefully all is well- let us know how you get on xx

Hope everything is ok Melly! Keep us posted x

Both my placentas are posterior but I definitely feel most movement below the belly button. I feel both babies but I wonder if there is more nerve endings lower down that pick up more wiggles and its mostly strong kicks I feel up top. Tonight I have 2 very active babies who have no idea it's nearly 11pm and I'd like to sleep at some point tonight lol x

Thanks for the posts about the hanging cradle, ladies! I thought $200 was a bit much for one but the more I think about it, the more I love it. OH really loves it too and is already planning on how he could hang it! So I can see us getting one eventually.

Well I've just sat down after finishing painting baby's room. I'm a little disappointed the paint didn't turn out as dark as I'd hoped, but I'm so tired from two days of painting that right now I'll just deal with it! I'm still hoping it will darken as it dries, so maybe it'll look fine in the morning.

Happy halloween everyone! No trick or treaters here on the docks so I get a big box of chocolates to myself, yum yum!

Hope you're ok Melly! Update when you can!

Captain, I just can't wait to see pics of the nursery!!!! What color did you paint? Enjoy your chocolates!

I turned off my porch light and won't be getting trick or treated. My dogs go nuts at the doorbell and I just don't quite feel up to dealing with that all night. :) I think I'll make some oatmeal cookies instead of eating the candy in the house :) With cookies I can control the sugar :)

Melly, I'm glad you called and are going in! I agree with the others that BH should not have a pattern and they should not be painful either. They should just feel like tightening and your uterus will be rock hard. Update us when you can! Definitely do not feel silly for calling and checking up on this!

MissEyre, sorry to hear about the severe back pain -- that sounds awful! Can you go see a chiropractor or a physio? I really hope you get some relief, and if you don't have a pregnancy support belt, you can achieve the same effect with thick cloth (I use one of my short woven wraps for round ligament pain).

imp, I only feel baby below the navel. I think my placenta is anterior and up high but I have no confirmations. As long as your fundal height is near where it should be, then don't be worried about growth. Checking your fundal height yourself is easy when you get a BH! I've been keeping track so I know I'm fine with growth.

Since I'm the only one who didn't do an anatomy scan, I've sort of wondered about my placenta. I'm going to see whether my midwife can hear the placenta sounds and confirm its location when I see her on Tuesday -- should be interesting!

This was DD's first year trick-or-treating and she had a ton of fun! She went as a Pikachu, DH was Ash, and I was a pregnant Gary Oak. :blush: We left out all of the non-vegan candy and the Candy Goblin will visit our house and exchange it for a toy (a goblin I sewed which is riding a cat).

Thanks for the comments and suggestions on how to relieve the back pain. I think a trip or two to the chiropractor is worth a try. I to receive lots of kicks low on my belly or in my bladder area, so I'm guessing she's breech. While the bladder kicks aren't fun, I'm sure the rib kicks are no party either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->