FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Well, today turned out great! We went up to storage to get the box that car seat was in. When we bought it, we liked the all black system, but the grey stroller and black seat went on sale separately so we got those two after deciding you couldn't tell they weren't a matching set. Well when we opened up the box we saw that they gave us the grey seat after all! We asked the manager if they would swap colours for us so that they matched, and she said they couldn't, but I'm thinking it's too much of a coincidence for them to give us the 'wrong' one!

Anyways, now we have grey seat and stroller, happy happy happy :haha:

And okay.. I uploaded a bunch of photos of the baby's room at last so I thought I'd share some!

Here's a rough before picture.. there was a blue cover over the bed but we had already taken it off to work on the foam when I took the picture!

https://i.imgur.com/l5RJLL5.jpg

And here's now!

https://i.imgur.com/rc9TTHk.jpg

And here's a link to an album of photos I put together. Still need to make some pockets to go over the tool box (similar to those shoe storage things that go behind a door) and we might stencil something on that archway but I'm in no hurry!

That's going to be such a cool room for a kid to grow up in!

Captain, that is seriously the coolest nursery ever! I can't wait to see more pictures. Glad you got the stroller you wanted.

I don't think I have felt hiccups yet. I usually just feel a few thumps and then all is quiet. Is there anything special anyone does to get their baby to move?

Love the room, captain! :)

I give my belly a bit of a poke or jiggle, and she usually responds. Or lying down on my back seems to get her moving. Neither is 100% effective, though.

Melly that's great news.

Captain the room is looking great.

Savvy I always get va lot of protest if I lean forward and squish my bump or if I lay slightly too far over on my side she gives it a good punch or kick.

She responds to dh and ds voice.

Xx

When I lie down on my side, the twin that's on the bottom usually starts shoving and kicking. :lol: GERROFF!!

Cool room!

No hiccups here yet either. It's so lovely though, remember them from dd!

I am struggling to keep up on here. From what I have read-
Feronia- so glad your lo has managed to pass the magnets.
Captain- loving the luck of the nursery
Cryshae- congrats on your baby boy!
Melly-Glad your chiropractor has helped your walking issues
Raspberry- Great news about your cervix lengthening.
TTC- so great the scan and tests have gone well.

I saw midwife yesterday. BP is great at 100/56, baby measuring spot on for 26 weeks. Still free in the uterus which I thought as I feel movements at all angles. One thing I mentioned was that from time to time I get a heavy 'pressure' feeling down below and it feels like my privates are all swollen. I dont get it every day but she said next time I do I must contact labour ward! :/

I dont have a birth plan really- I am just going to see how things go- from my DS being prem and a traumatic labour, I just feel if I try and have something set in place as to how I want things to go then it may make me more anxious. All I have decided is if he comes early, or on time I will try to labour naturally (failure to progress amongst many problems last time). If I go over I will opt for Caesarean.

Nursery has started to come together now- have attached some pics of it. Need to put the cotbed up yet and get a chair. Cotbed is cream from babies r us and sleigh style with drawers-it was a bargain at 199! Really want the Millie and Boris bedding from Mama's and Papa's in the neutral colour. Wont let me add a pic!

Attachments

• nursery1.jpg
    nursery1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
  • nursery 2.jpg
    nursery 2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 6
  • nursery 3.jpg
    nursery 3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 26 weeks.jpg
    26 weeks.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 8
Emy I get that feeling on and off and have read that it can be a sign of preterm labour.
What I usually find is that if I lay down for half an hour it goes away.
Sometimes I think baby has just got into a very low position.
If I ever got it accompanied byanything else that may Iindicate preterm labour then I'd definitely call l & d, I'm gglad you mentioned it.
Xx

Oh god raspberry really? That's worried me a bit. It last happened Monday. I couldn't get comfortable sitting and it hurt to move as well. The midwife did look concerned when I said it but she didn't examine me or anything. Got period cramps a little bit today but no pressure. Glad things are improving your end. You're doing really well xx

It can be, but not always. I had that feeling for about a month before ds was born almost constantly and he was post due date.
Xx

Phew. I just want to get to 37 weeks at least x

We have similar goals Emy, lol! I want to make it to 37 weeks. 38 would be a bonus. 36 my bare minimum. Anything beyond 38 weeks would be an extra bonus! :rofl:

My midwife seems skeptical I will make it behind 37 or possibly 38 but we will see!

Big hugs, hope you don't get that feeling again for a long time. :hugs:

Love the nursery pics ladies!!!

Captain, so cute!

Emy, cute room and bump! I really hope you'll not have any preterm trouble :hugs:

Hi to everyone else :)

Emy, the nursery is looking great! I hope you don't get that pressure feeling anymore.

Thanks girls for the ways you get your babies to move! At night when I lay on my left side and lean over to get comfortable it seems like I can feel a bunch of movement but I wasn't sure if that was baby A moving around. Hope I am not hurting her. Absolutely no response if I poke my stomach. I am just obsessed with watching them kick and move in my stomach. Hopefully one day I can get a video.

My first goal is to have 2015 babies. Once I accomplish that, I hope to make it to 36 - 37 weeks. Hoping everyone can reach their goal dates.

Well I saw our emergancy mw today what a waste of time she messured my fundel hight from so low it was slmost my vigina and told me I was big fir dates she then recorded my eating issues saying I ate 80 cal aday not 800 and recorded my fundel hight in my notes as 60cm making me 20 weeks overdue, I dont have much confidence in her but will wait till I see my own mw on 25th nov its 7 days till our move nit sure if im excited or stressed,

on a happier note dh has tokd me I do a great job raising the kids and that he couldnt do it, hes oroud of me for asking for help as we have no help at all from familynor friends

Thanks for the messages everyone :)

Got up this morning to get ready for our OB appointment, got the card out to double check the time to see it was for yesterday :dohh: No idea how I mixed that one up, every appointment has been on Friday as it's the only day he's at the office! Hope they can squeeze me in next week instead!

Argh, sorry about the appointment Captain!

2nd time, does sound like a waste of time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->