FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

2nd time-if you have the energy complain! That's pretty awful imo.
Captain I did that the other week I got the right day but the wrong time!
Xx

To be fair were I am my maternity notes are electronic im pretty sure to get a call once ob checks the electronic entery will see how it goes bubs is moving but its realy my health they seem more concerned about oh well its par for the course begining to be glad its my last preg

FML broke down again today, this time in mil borrowed car, on the dual carriageway.
Pouring rain with rain, had to scramble through trees and brambles carrying ds up the embankment. Thankfully we both had coats and there was a spare in the boot that we could sit on and wrap around ds legs.
Couldn't wake dh from his sleep but managed to get through to my brother who brought a van to tow the car and dad to drive us home but that took 40 minutes.
Luckily a passing police officer from the dog section stopped and stayed with us while we sat in his car and he ended up taking us home.
Ds though it was brilliant, I'm knackered and keep getting braxton hicks.
Xx

I had my gtt this morning, and we got a growth scan. :) Baby looks good and so much more baby-like with a lot more fat on her bones than at 19w3d! She is 32nd percentile for growth, which is (very) slightly worrying to me, though the Dr said she is fine and on a steady growth rate, so that is good for now.

For anyone waiting for theirs- the gtt test was fine. The orange drink was pretty similar to gatorade. I felt kind of faint and gross by the end of the appointment, but I think that was because we did the scan and a regular appt- by then it was close to 11am and I hadn't eaten anything. All in all, it was fine and I wouldn't dread having to do it! :)

Sorry about the car, raspberry... that sounds pretty miserable! I hope the BH stop now if you can rest up :hugs: so cute that your ds enjoyed the whole ordeal!

I hope you get some more answers, 2nd time. Don't be afraid to push for good care if you don't feel you are getting it! :hugs:

I wish the glucose drink here was flavoured, cheap skate nhs!

I'm fine now I've been sitting down for an hour.

Xx

I wish the glucose drink here was flavoured, cheap skate nhs!

I'm fine now I've been sitting down for an hour.

Xx

Here in Norwich my midwife says that they use the fizzy orange Lucozade! Threw up the last time I had Lucozade, so hopefully I won't with the gtt!

Things just keep getting betternit looks likebthrvsrllers have pulled out so our movr next fridau will jot he happeming I feel numb, liie someone diedmi dare not fry gor fear ibwill never stop why cant mymlife be simple

I had my gestational diabetes test today as well. The orange drink wasn't bad at all. I just wish they'd let us eat a guilt free chocolate bar or something else super sugary. Why ruin a perfect opportunity to enjoy something sweet?!

I guess I'll find out the results at my next appointment.

I had my gestational diabetes test today as well. The orange drink wasn't bad at all. I just wish they'd let us eat a guilt free chocolate bar or something else super sugary. Why ruin a perfect opportunity to enjoy something sweet?!

I guess I'll find out the results at my next appointment.

I know!! I would have loved some chocolate and a can of coke! :) they told me bloods should be back in a couple of days. Not sure if you get the exact same thing- but she basically said they will call next week if there is a problem. Otherwise we will review at my next appt :)

Hi ladies I have my GTT appointment on Monday and here in Rotherham, I`ve been told I have t provide my own glucose drink and it has to be Lucozade original ....

I find it so funny how regimented the NHS is, but then each trust has it's weird quirks with how things like this are done! For what it is worth, I think lucozade is nicer than the drink they gave me today ;)

The orange drink made me really sick with my daughter. So glad I can skip it and use OJ this go'round so I don't have to sit for an hour and try not to throw up while waiting. :| LOL.

Really not looking forward to my GTT tomorrow! I don't know how I'm going to manage without my sickness tablet!

Eek, not looking forward to that test, I see those orange bottles every time I go in to have blood taken, yuck!

So I was catching up on 19 Kids and Counting today (TLC is my guilty pleasure) and they were showing clips of when their youngest was born at 24 weeks. I couldn't believe how small she was, thankfully she's now a healthy little girl but was crazy to see a baby about the same size as what most of ours are right now! Keep baking for a little longer little ones!

Bleh!!!! Jade! I hope it goes ok! I took a quarter of a tablet that morning and cheated. No way I'd have made it without.

Captain, I love that show too :) But yes, way too early for these babies!

Ttc I was planning on doing that! Half a tablet an hour before I set off!

Hope all the gtt's go as well as possible.

I was allowed to drink water freely and found that really helped, I think I had about 2 litres in the 2 hours.
Xx

I had my gtt a while ago and it really was not a problem at all. I was so thirsty by then I gulped it down and had no side issues. Only bad bit was the boring wait, but I took a novel to fill some of the time.

I have my GD test on Wednesday. I hate the stuff. I hope i pass like i did with my son. With him i ate a piece of cheese and drunk water before going so im gonna do the same with my bby girl.
Oh and Monday is my birthday, I'll be 32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->