FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I can definitely vouch for the inaccuracy of growth scans 2lb out with ds 4 days before he was born.
Xx

2lb out is quite a lot!

Interesting to think about the genetic factors- i have heard that Asian babies are typically smaller. V. Interesting to hear that the Dad has such an influence if baby is mixed race. Both my brother's baby and OH's sister's baby were 7 and a bit pounds. So, I think ours will be around there. Though I am measuring a bit small, so maybe she is smaller.

I wish I was having another scan soon. My fundal height measured 28.5 at my last appt at 29+6. Not a huge discrepancy, but a scan would be very reassuring :) ...I also just love seeing her!

Glad that your little ones are looking good, melly! They have been pretty much in the same positions for a long time now, right? I get lots of little flutters, rolls etc but fewer big movements. I think my baby has found a comfy position and hasn't changed much in a long time (unless she goes nuts while I sleep!)

Yes, they've been stuck that way for the last two months, so I'm hoping they don't have enough room to flip at this point. :lol:

DCM I sleep with two body pillows to try and prevent myself from rolling on my back. But I just feel so blah in bed lately. LOL.

My DD was expected to be 7.5 pounds at delivery (at 35.5 weeks lmao) when they scanned me as I was in labor. She came out at 6 lb 6 oz and she was a little swollen from all the IV fluids I had (since I had never been tested for strep b before she came, and the regular obnoxious IV stuff).

Does anyone else get dead legs? If I'm asleep the leg I'm laying on goes dead after a while and if I'm sat down for too long both of my legs go dead too. It's getting really uncomfortable ](*,)

Melly - Thank you! I usually end up chatting with her on the weekends when she's off work so I'll try bringing it up to see how interested she is in coming! This afternoon I looked into the airport he'll be closest to and there seems to be 3 different airlines flying out 3-5 times a day, from 6AM to about 7PM, plus there'll be his companies private charters. Makes me feel a little better!

Pens - I had this real bad last night! Took a while for my back to stop hurting enough and for my legs to not feel so numb. Then in the middle of the night I woke up almost shouting because I had the worst cramp ever! DH just stared at me trying to figure out what was happening while I kept saying help me! help me! :haha: He had to stretch my leg out for it to stop!

Guys, I am hating the end of pregnancy. And there are still 10 more weeks left til I'm full term. I just wanted to express that. This sucks.

I have my growth scan a week on monday.. not sure why if they are so inaccurate ..

and the midwife says im measuring ahead.. so..

Guys, I am hating the end of pregnancy. And there are still 10 more weeks left til I'm full term. I just wanted to express that. This sucks.

I have days of feeling like that too. Maybe we all do? But other days are much better. Everything now just wears me out, but I try to do something everyday for baby or myself r someone else. If I take my mind onto doing and not worrying then it really helps. Hope you get good days too :hugs:.

Does anyone else get dead legs? If I'm asleep the leg I'm laying on goes dead after a while and if I'm sat down for too long both of my legs go dead too. It's getting really uncomfortable ](*,)

It often takes me a while to go from sitting or laying to standing and sometimes I am doubled over in between. Don't think I've had dead legs yet, but they are definitely jelly!

I was told with ds that he would be 7 maybe 7.5 lbs but he was 9lbs an this time the are estimating baby will be bigger than his brother roughly 10/11lbs, I have a very tough time in labour and nearly lost my son, had a ecs so im having an elective c section this time around going by medical advice because of the last time im not a girl that's broadly built and I grow big babies, if I went natural this time around again id probably end up with a c section anyway at least that's what I was told

Captain: that's great news, very reassuring.

re: growth scans: When I had my scan at 38w with DD they estimated that she would be mid-8's and she ended up being 9lb4oz. Right now they are estimating that DS will mid-8 to mid-9. I have another scan on the 19th to see where we are at and see what position DS is in.

Since I seem to be seeing a lot about growth scans, I was wondering, what's the reason that some of you have growth scans? Like, is it a normal thing that everyone where you live or because of a concern? Just that I've never really heard about them, we only get 2 scans where I live at 12 weeks and 20 weeks and won't get any more unless we go private and pay for them or there's something they're worried about.

I have growth scans because I am measuring large and I had one booked at 36 weeks because ds was large for gestational age.
I don't know how anyone is really able to predict birth weight this early on though.
xx

I just found out that I have one more scan at 36 weeks to estimate size (haha) and look at position of baby. Honestly, I think it's more to schedule C-sections if the baby is breech. Seems kind of pointless to me, although I won't mind getting another look at baby! This will make 3 scans total for my pregnancy. One to confirm, one anatomy scan, and this final scan.

I don't love the fact that my doctor is very apt to do a c-section if the baby is breech. Sadly, I had to go with a doctor that my insurance will cover. He is very nice though!

I keep getting kicked in the ribs and my hips have finally started hurting a little bit in the morning. I just add it on the list next to heartburn, hemorrhoids, and back pain.

On a happier note, DH and I have been refinishing a dresser that my parents got and refinished when they were first married. It's the perfect height for a changing table, and I can't wait to fill the drawers with little baby things!! Must be the whole nesting thing kicking in.

I have to have a growth scan at 32 weeks because i am over-weight.

and possibly another at 36 weeks.

I had the standard at 9 (under the FS because it was a clomid conception) 12 and 20 weeks - then because it's twins i was to have one every 4 weeks after that (24, 28, 32, 36 with induction at 37) to check for growth restriction, which i'm so grateful for as at 32 weeks they found B has dropped off his curve from 48th - 27th centile. So now i have another in 2 weeks instead of 4 to see how he's doing.

:hugs: Hugs for you Megan!
Some days I just want a day off from the heartburn, bloating, aching etc...!

:hugs: Hugs for you Megan!
Some days I just want a day off from the heartburn, bloating, aching etc...!

Hugs from me too. I'm really uncomfortable most of the time these days.

I am having the growth scans because of the twins, to make sure that they are both on track.

I had a growth scan at 28 weeks which I'm not sure why but then they realised baby's tummy was a bit big. I have another scan on Thursday as now im measuring 37 weeks when I'm only 31+4. Also to check baby's tummy size again aswell. Sure I will have more after that too x

I get another scan at 36 weeks to check placenta position etc in preparation for my c-section, can't wait for another peek at baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->