FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I don't think I can even count how many scans I've had....

one at 7w for bleed one at 8 to check on bleed. I opted out of 12w but then had one at 15 to check growth because I lost too much weight. Then had regular 20w then 24w to check placenta. Then starting at 27 weeks I had growth scan then 28, 29, 30 weeks short scans for his brain artery and biophysical profiles, growth at 31 weeks, brain artery at 32 weeks then I have scans scheduled for the next 3 weeks. I think it adds up to 11 so far with at least weekly I'm sure until I deliver. Definitely not the low scan pregnancy I was anticipating! Like other mamas have said though I am very grateful because the brain scans are the least invasive way to keep an eye on my little guy :)

Anyone else nesting? I'm in super cleaning and organizing mode it's ridiculous!

Pens, I get dead legs all the time in my sleep. Whatever side on which I'm lying, that leg goes numb and then I need to roll over to the other. And I find they go numb pretty quickly if I sit with them crossed. I stand up, then they go numb and I'm stuck in that position for a few minutes. So awkward! LOL

I never had a growth scan with DD. Just when I was in labor, they did a quick one to see her size since I was so early, they were trying to gauge if they needed to prepare for a really small baby or not. Was told this time around, not to plan on any scans beyond 20 weeks unless there's an issue. Sometimes the midwife will run a casual one to see if the baby is head-down, but they can't do anything too specific other than just check baby position. :) (at my office, anyway, it's a low-tech u/s machine haha)

I'm starting to get into the nesting a bit. I think I spent the first 3/4 of my pregnancy in this "surreal" state of mind, for lack of better explanation. After multiple losses, I was scared to really allow myself to become attached. I'm still a little apprehensive even though I know I need to relax, but now I'm falling into this preparation state and savoring my last few weeks of pregnancy.

We went and cut down our tree at the farm today, so much fun! Aria and I had a blast running down the aisles of trees trying to decide upon one. It's hard to believe this is my last Christmas with just one little at my side.

I'm in total sap mode now. LOL.

I don't understand the scans to determine the baby's size if they're so inaccurate, nor the ones to determine the position if it can be determined through palpation (well I understand for twins)! Am I missing something? My midwife found my baby's position and the placenta location by palpation and fetoscope, so I haven't had a scan since 8 weeks and I only had that one since I was bleeding.

I don't understand the scans to determine the baby's size if they're so inaccurate, nor the ones to determine the position if it can be determined through palpation (well I understand for twins)! Am I missing something? My midwife found my baby's position and the placenta location by palpation and fetoscope, so I haven't had a scan since 8 weeks and I only had that one since I was bleeding.

Because doctors think they know best!

One midwife had real trouble telling which way ds was but suspected breech i think and so that resulted in a scan.

I'm letting my consultant scan if he likes although I've already told him I'm not being induced for suspected big baby since I already had one without a problem.

I can honestly say I wish I'd declined consultant care from the start.

Xx

I have had many scans with this pregnancy... 2 elective 3D/4D I paid for, 2 early scans b/c of history of miscarriage, 2 because of bleeding, my level 2 at 20 weeks, a growth scan at 30w, another at 34 and probably a final at 38 but I am not sure on that. I have had a couple extra growth scans b/c of my GD. Because we have had quite a few peeks at DS, they are able to track his growth and see what kind of curve he is on. My DD was 9lb4oz, so with this being my second and my GD, they want to make sure if he is too large that we look at all options, see if I have to be induced, etc.

I have felt a lot like you describe Swan... :hugs: At times I still feel kind of shocked that I am pregnant. Or someone will make a comment about the baby, and it feels very surreal.

We have gotten a couple of extra scans- which is always fine by me! The standard at my ob gyn's office would be an early one around 9 weeks to confirm pregnancy, the nt scan at 13, anatomy scan at 20 and then a growth scan around 36 weeks to check position etc. So 4ish as standard. different doctors seem to vary something between 2-4 around here- I think it is a good sign if you have only had two. I would take that as a sign all has looked good, and your dr has a preference for fewer scans :flower:

Pens : the reason my doctor referred me for a growth scan was because my fundal height always measured behind and I guess I wasn't showing big enough but it may vary for different ladies, I'm not really sure but that's why my doctor gave me one. I have another growth scan on Monday.

Sorry, dcm- I just edited this in case I was prying/being offensive/insensitive by asking about details.

I really hope the scans are looking good for you :)

Sorry, dcm- I just edited this in case I was prying/being offensive/insensitive by asking about details.

I really hope the scans are looking good for you :)

Omg it would have been ok, I'm sort of an open book about the situation. You can ask me if you want or message me hun :)

Hi raspberry can I have my date changed to the 15th. My due date by 1st scan is now 21st Feb and csection booked for 39 weeks on the 15th.

Hi ladies, I've not been on here for the longest time.! Not able to read all the post's I've missed so i hope your all doing ok. I just have a quick question and was wondering if what I'm experiencing is normal. .... I'm currently 30 weeks and doing ok but finding it very hard to get a proper pee, i always feel like i need to go but hardly anything comes out. I don't have any infections at all as been tested......do u think its just how baby is lying??? And also im very tender when baby moves.....is this normal?.

Look forward to hearing from u xxxx

Hi ladies, I've not been on here for the longest time.! Not able to read all the post's I've missed so i hope your all doing ok. I just have a quick question and was wondering if what I'm experiencing is normal. .... I'm currently 30 weeks and doing ok but finding it very hard to get a proper pee, i always feel like i need to go but hardly anything comes out. I don't have any infections at all as been tested......do u think its just how baby is lying??? And also im very tender when baby moves.....is this normal?.

Look forward to hearing from u xxxx

I had this really bad with my 1st! Used to go and then feel I need to go straight after. The MW told me some times due to babies position it's hard to properly drain your bladder :( I remember it being extremely annoying especially during the night!

Mine is like that most of the time since baby A went to the position he is in... gets very uncomfortable, especially when I have a UTI as well :dohh:

Positive note... first baby clothes wash is in the machine :happydance:

Ive found this too someone told me to try leaning forward when having a wee as sometimes that helps?

Since I seem to be seeing a lot about growth scans, I was wondering, what's the reason that some of you have growth scans? Like, is it a normal thing that everyone where you live or because of a concern? Just that I've never really heard about them, we only get 2 scans where I live at 12 weeks and 20 weeks and won't get any more unless we go private and pay for them or there's something they're worried about.

Only reason I'm getting three extra (had one at 28 weeks, one scheduled for 32 weeks and one for 36 weeks) is because we lost our daughter at 20 weeks gestation due to a placental abruption caused by a blood clot behind the placenta. They mostly just make sure that baby is actually growing and that the placenta is doing well. So far, so good! :thumbup:

Nickie, I echo what the others said about leaning forward! makes a big difference!

Shells! So exciting to wash the tiny clothes!

MrsTm1, I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: I'm sure it's a huge relief to have the extra checks this time. So glad your little one is doing well :)

I way overdid it yesterday :( I feel like I've been hit by a truck! But I only have a few things left to do! Baby's clothes are ready and all cabinets cleaned out. I have one closet left to clean out. I have a couple of minor things in the baby room to do but now I can focus on Christmas shopping! I've left it all to do this week! Last minute unfortunately.

Leaning forward when you pee can help, I sometimes pee, stand and brush my teeth and try again. I often get a decent amount out second go - lol.

MrsTM1 :hugs: I hope it's reassuring for you to have your extra scans.

Steady on ttc126, we have (hopefully) loads of time before Babies really start arriving.

Last minute? For the past 3/ 4 Christmases I've done it all in one day - Tuesday before Xmas usually.
I have most of mine ordered/on order online and doing the rest hopefully on Tuesday in the department store where I get discount through work. Then I'll still have time for further online orders and help once dh finishes work.
Xx

Nickie, I echo what the others said about leaning forward! makes a big difference!

Shells! So exciting to wash the tiny clothes!

MrsTm1, I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: I'm sure it's a huge relief to have the extra checks this time. So glad your little one is doing well :)

I way overdid it yesterday :( I feel like I've been hit by a truck! But I only have a few things left to do! Baby's clothes are ready and all cabinets cleaned out. I have one closet left to clean out. I have a couple of minor things in the baby room to do but now I can focus on Christmas shopping! I've left it all to do this week! Last minute unfortunately.

I feel the same, sorted and cleared out two massive storage cupboards in our kitchen yesterday , wrapped all my christmas presents, sorted through baby clothes and vac packed what i dont need now (been given clothes from nb to 12-18, but i had way too much!!) Plus dealing with my toddler alone for two days while hubby was away and all the housework! So today ive had low cramping all day, lots of pressure down there and generally feeling very sore. Hoping its just because ive done too much, gonna gp and soak in the bath and then curl up into bed with a hot water bottle, though am i safe to use a water bottle at this stage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->