FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Pens - I was in a similar situation in November. One my best friends from school was getting married and she said children where not welcome at the wedding. My babies where 3 and 1 and I still didn't feel right leaving them so didn't attend! When you have little children you become a bit of a package haha wherever you go they go!

How annoying, pens! My MIL fell out with her sister as the sister had a no kids at the wedding policy which included my then 15 y.o. brother in law. I think it is fine if people want to make that choice- but then they need to accept that that will mean some people can't attend!

We had three important people miss our wedding because they were pregnant and couldn't travel. We were a bit sad, but that is life! And we very much understood. I also missed a friend's wedding in Dec because of our pregnancy and she is apparently really salty about it... I just don't get that at all!

Do what you think is right- if you could go to the church but not reception, that would be great. .. but seemingly not all that easy to organise.

Just giving an update I'm probably gonna have my baby today!!!
I went in Wednesday @8am for cervidil and was able to come home. I started getting cramps around 4pm. They got pretty intense for me and no rhyme or reason to their frequency or intensity. We went back at 2am to get checked. I was 2-3cm but thick. We stayed overnight and I was able to sleep through the pain with some training of my brain to relax and breath. 8am Thursday a new Dr took it out and "tried" to check me. He was awful! And couldn't even assess what I was. He wanted to just go off what I was at 2am and start pitocin. I pressed and pressed that I wanted another dose of cervidil because the last Dr didn't think my cervix was good enough yet, this Dr couldn't even check me yet he thought her assessment was a good cervix for pitocin.
Well I got my way! And I got cervidil and sent back home. So many times I wanted to go back to hospital to see what I was but I didn't want pitocin yet, which I knew that's what would happen next. The cervidil is certainly painful! But its constant really! Around 6pm half of it fell out I think....it lessened the pain quite a bit and I was delirious with lack of sleep and food. DH had been spoon feeding me soup and things throughout the entire process to try to keep my energy up.
I had a somewhat good supper a piece of toast, 2 pieces of cheese before falling asleep around 9pm. Sometime in the night I got up to pee and more cervidil came out.
Now I'm really not feeling any pain and got a good sleep and now have to go back to hospital where I'll be put on pitocin.
My mindset right now is I'm okay with it because it will bring back the pain but at least not 30+ hours of pain!

Ah good luck Wnt2beAMom, I hope baby makes an appearance soon :hugs: xx

Congrats, Melly! Glad you got the birth experience you were hoping for.

Good luck Wnt2bamom!

Best of luck Wnt2beAMom!

And Pens, everyone's already given you such great advice on here, I'm just going to send you some hugs! :hugs: :hugs:

Congrats melly! So happy for you. Want2bamom GL hope everyghing goes smoothly for you!

More details in my journal, but twins were born this aftetnoon after a two day induction. But, I got the vaginal, non-epi delivery I was planning towards - first time the attending physician had seen one!

That is amazing Melly!!! So happy it went exactly how you wanted it! Going to stalk your journal now. :)

Quick question.. any tips on looking for a diaper bag?

I see ones in places like Toys R Us and I don't really like them. If I'm carrying around a bag along with my baby, I feel like I don't have to have bears, or little animals over it for everyone to know it's a diaper bag, and I hate the fact prices go way up just because it is a 'diaper bag'. For that reason I've been looking at regular bags, I also thought a rucksack type bag might be better to keep hands free for other things.

captain this is the changing bag i have but in royal blue:

https://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Messenger-Change-Bag--Red/273532,default,pd.html

captain, I've only ever used a regular bag. If it has a lot of pockets and space, why not? :D
I ended up buying this one when it was on sale for $25 over the holidays: https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/14b2/ I love it!

I have a messenger bag that we plan to use as a diaper bag.

Looks like this baby is going to come next week. I was itchy at 35w, went away. Itchy again this past Monday, and they did blood tests again to check for cholestasis. Redults aren't back, but I feel worse... so called the Dr and she agrees getting the baby out sounds best. Only issue we disagree on is my preference being asap and hers being next week. In any case it will be a long weekend :cry:

Captain this is the changing bag I have but in black https://www.tesco.com/direct/hauck-gino-changing-bag-navy/735-7499.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=735-7499
I'm also not a fan of having a bag covered in bears and all sorts. I'd just like to be able to carry around a normal looking bag that does it's job. I've found that Toys R Us is really expensive for pretty much everything and however much I'd like to have a custom made designer bag and other things I couldn't ever afford it haha. It's also typical that the bag I bought has gone on sale now!

Oh no SurpriseBub, I hope that you can get some rest and feel better. It's so exciting that you'll have baby next week though! Have you tried bathing in oats (like the stuff you make porridge with)? Sounds a bit mad but I saw someone suggested it on the internet somewhere when my sisters had chicken pox and it was the only thing that stopped their itching for a while. Just chuck a few handfuls in the bath whilst the waters running. :hugs:

Thanks, pens. I have tried lots of topical stuff and nothing makes a difference. An out bath definitely sounds nice though! :) I am sure my poor husband will be dealing with a blubbering mess for the next few days, but i will try and stay positive! This and the whole aging placenta have not made for happy times over the last few weeks. I will just be so relieved to get to the hospital next week. Seems like an eternity away. Though to be fair the pregnancy has felt like 4 years to me.

Re dipper bags I bought a small cooler bag because they are plastic lined

Thanks guys and congrats, way to go Melly! I've had time to look back on some posts I missed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->