FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Wnt2bamom - good luck!

Captain - I never had a changing bag, I have one that matched the pram this time and I may or may not use it. I usually buy a new bag each season and just make sure it has enough room for mummy bits and bobs in. Unless I planned on being out all day it really only contained a muslin cloth, 2 nappies, wipes and a spare set of breast pads - in addition to my phone and purse. I kept a spare sleepsuit and vest in the car for just in case moments.

I feel a little silly, I have absolutely no idea if I am getting contractions or not and have nervously sent DH off to work tonight.
Quite a few days this week I have been getting Braxton hicks(?) semi-regularly 5-7 minutes apart for an hour or so, particularly on two days when I had done a lot.
This afternoon and evening I have been getting painful contractions (?) which mostly need a little breathing/concentration through, they are lasting around the 45 - 60 second mark, have been 8-12 minutes apart at times.
I really don't remember this at all with DS, I had labour all in my back with him, really worried that if these get worse that I wont cope as they are quite severe already.
I really don't want the baby to arrive yet either, the house is a state, no where for baby to sleep etc, DH has a busy night at work an hour and a half away, we have bad weather (snow), I'd like to at least labour in the pool which will need DH to set up.
I am hoping if I got to bed and sleep then it will wear off, if I get woken by pains then I guess this is it? How can I not know what labour feels like on my second baby?!

xx

Wnt2bamom - good luck!

Captain - I never had a changing bag, I have one that matched the pram this time and I may or may not use it. I usually buy a new bag each season and just make sure it has enough room for mummy bits and bobs in. Unless I planned on being out all day it really only contained a muslin cloth, 2 nappies, wipes and a spare set of breast pads - in addition to my phone and purse. I kept a spare sleepsuit and vest in the car for just in case moments.

I feel a little silly, I have absolutely no idea if I am getting contractions or not and have nervously sent DH off to work tonight.
Quite a few days this week I have been getting Braxton hicks(?) semi-regularly 5-7 minutes apart for an hour or so, particularly on two days when I had done a lot.
This afternoon and evening I have been getting painful contractions (?) which mostly need a little breathing/concentration through, they are lasting around the 45 - 60 second mark, have been 8-12 minutes apart at times.
I really don't remember this at all with DS, I had labour all in my back with him, really worried that if these get worse that I wont cope as they are quite severe already.
I really don't want the baby to arrive yet either, the house is a state, no where for baby to sleep etc, DH has a busy night at work an hour and a half away, we have bad weather (snow), I'd like to at least labour in the pool which will need DH to set up.
I am hoping if I got to bed and sleep then it will wear off, if I get woken by pains then I guess this is it? How can I not know what labour feels like on my second baby?!

xx

Good luck, Raspberry! Hope this isn't quite it for you just yet. I have had some quite painful cramps etc the past few evenings and once texted oh to say there was an outside chance of things happening.... but then it has always tapered off. With that being said, I am a clueless first timer, so not sure I would even really know if i was in labor.

Try all the bh tricks- drink water, warm shower, bed... I guess you won't know until it either stops are progresses further. :flower:

I'm in the same boat Raspberry! My waters went first with DD so if this one starts with contractions I'm worried I won't realise until they're quite painful and then be late with the TENS machine (which I don't yet have because of the snow, grr!). I'm getting nervous now of every little twitch and BH because I feel 'different' as if something's about to happen, thought I was ready and I'm soooo not!! :blush:

I don't have a changing bag either Captain, just a big satchel-type bag, works for me!

Surprisebub that's exactly what happened to me when I was pregnant with DD. It is miserable! I was induced because of it. I had blood done but didn't get the results until after I had her. Everything came back normal. They had no idea what caused it. It went away as soon as I had her. Hope you get relief soon. :( I feel bad for you.

37 week bump pic! Woo Hoo I made it to full term. Huge milestone. :) can't wait to meet my baby boy! :)
How is everyone that is still waiting on their bubs?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 8
Surprisebub that's exactly what happened to me when I was pregnant with DD. It is miserable! I was induced because of it. I had blood done but didn't get the results until after I had her. Everything came back normal. They had no idea what caused it. It went away as soon as I had her. Hope you get relief soon. :( I feel bad for you.

Awwww, thank you- it is really reassuring to hear you had a similar experience and all went well! I hope to get the same news after the fact. I am still waiting on blood results from last Monday- but those are slowly completely outdated anyway. I am very much in the "baby is better out than in" camp... so I will be nervous until the big day, but really wanting it to happen.

Ps. Really glad you haven't had the same experience this time around! And congrats on 37w!!!

I was rudely awakened by a contraction at 1.50 and they have been about a minute long every 3-4 minutes. Dh started making his way home about half an hour ago and I'm eating xx

Your welcome Surprisebub! Let us know when you find out. I am so happy that this pregnancy has been much easier.

Yay good luck Raspberry!!!

Good luck Raspberry! So exciting.

Mellys put some super cute pics of her babies in her journal xxx

Finally managed to find 2 minutes to upload and resize some pics....

Sam and Ollie Baby pic Spam coming up lol

Sam x
https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/sam1_zpsd4c06327.jpg

Ollie x
https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/ollie1_zpscfd2b7a0.jpg

Are you there bro?... yep there you are! lol
https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/ollieandsamx_zps5b4ff099.jpg

Brotherly love x
https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/boyshands_zpsff7bf31b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.