FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Midwife discharged us. Jaundice is gone and baby has put 10oz on birth weight. Health visitor coming on Friday. Apparently meeting could take 60-90 mins. What on earth do they do?!

Woah izzie! Good job! 10oz over birth weight!!!! That's great!! Sorry I have no input on health visitors...Don't have them here but I'm curious to hear what they do for that long of a visit!

Congrats to Maisie :) And thanks captain for the updates :) It's perfect since I don't have a Facebook :)

Midwife discharged us. Jaundice is gone and baby has put 10oz on birth weight. Health visitor coming on Friday. Apparently meeting could take 60-90 mins. What on earth do they do?!

mine was here 90 minutes it's all paper work, family history chit chat and getting to know you, plus they weigh baby, do tests for reflexes, talk about vaccines and check general health so they have a starting point to go from.

I posted the other day that I did loads of walking and my ankles swelled up, since then I've been taking it easy and my left ankle has returned to normal but my right ankle is still really puffy. I have no pain at all in my foot, ankle or leg and I don't have any swelling anywhere else so I don't know whether to be concerned or not. I'm keeping it elevated today to see if that helps.

Don't know what to say about the puffiness Pens but hope it goes down soon!

I can't see them cancelling your section for a cold MrsPoodle, your baby should get immunity from you anyway so, as long as you're not at death's door with it, I'm sure they'll still go ahead, fingers crossed anyway! Hope you feel better soon.

As predicted, didn't make my midwife appointment this morning. Snow started coming down heavily just as I arrived but I was more worried about getting home again so gave up and turned around. It was a terrifying drive home and I'm petrified now that baby will decide to come before it clears up, hope not! :nope:

So excited to hear Melly's news, hope she's getting on ok!

So, thankfully we didn't get the snow they said we would get, we only got about six inches! And no baby, so that was nice. haha. My mom finally went home, so now I can check online without feeling so guilty! I appreciate her thoughtfulness in staying with me and loved having the company, but I felt bad because she's coming back for two weeks when baby COMES, so I didn't want my poor dad without his spouse for three or more weeks! :rofl: She went home for his birthday and now I'm back to just me and DD during the days. :)

Sharing my 38 week bump pic -- I made it to my second milestone! Now he can come anytime and I'd consider things a huge success this pregnancy! :thumbup: Midwife says all looks good, prodromal continues to actively give me non-stop contractions so next Wednesday if I've not gone yet, we'll be starting some natural labor methods since sleep is not coming easily any more due to the contractions and pains they cause. But I am praying he comes on his own before that because I truly want him to be ready... I'm just beginning to get very drained from the contractions' refusal to stop.

--

JMAndrews, you made it until hubby's return! Hooray! :) haha

I'm so sorry you've been in such pain, Melly. Sciatica is no joke! :hugs:

All the food posts... totally making me hungry! :rofl: I've been trying to keep up with cooking and freezing meals, but am slacking lately. But my house is impeccably clean, so that's something. I have to keep my mind busy somehow. xDDDD

Pens I have a sports bra (maternity one) to wear in the tub if I decide I want one, since none of my bikini tops fit and I'm not sure where to find one this time of year. lol. But I may just not wear anything, usually in the heat of the moment in labor I just throw all cares to the wind. ;)

I'm glad to check in here and make connections with who's on FB having babies and who they are here. I'm having issues keeping track, and checking the file just makes too much sense. :rofl: I feel like we have had so many already, way more than my last February group did in January!

Congrats Imp! You look great! :hugs:

Shelly that is crazy! I'm so glad everything worked out and that the boys are home and healthy and all. :hugs: My goodness though, that's just mind-blowing! So glad they're growing well and all at home with you, too. :)

Congrats on making it as far as you did Melly, how exciting -- and impressive! :D And good luck with delivery, am thinking of you and can't wait for updates!

Pens, I get some swelling too, especially when I'm on my feet a lot. My only swelling has been minor swelling in my hands if I'm dehydrated and minor around my feet and ankles if I'm on my feet too much and/or dehydrated. With my DD, I had major swelling and pitting, but no pre-E or anything. Just was swollen all the time. I would mention it to your doc, maybe just ring them and see if they want to check it, but it very well could be just typical pregnancy swelling too. I usually find it's easier to call and confirm they're not concerned than to question it. But that's just me. :) :hugs:

Feronia that is so strange. I've never heard of that before! Find anything out about it? And how was your acupuncture session? Interested to hear!

Attachments

• 38 weeks.jpg
    38 weeks.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
I hate snow im so scared baby will try to come when we are snowed in

Oh, acupuncture went well! I did it for cervical ripening and back/pelvic pain. It didn't really hurt or anything, just a slight stinging when they put the needle in -- nothing like getting blood drawn! It was much different from when I did it during labour though. More relaxing, lol. It was honestly nice to lie in a comfy space listening to soft music and read without DD for 40 minutes. :haha: They even left a needle in my ear for pelvic pain (??) that I ended up taking out later on because it was bothering me. That night, all pain STOPPED! I have no clue whether it was the acupuncture or the rest, but it seemed like a pretty significant change!

Hi all. Not been on here in ages- must admit I tend to go on FB more often as easier to access on phone.

Congrats IMphope on your boy- beautiful photo. Raspberry, wish I could batch cook but have the smallest freezer so nowhere to store the food.

Shells- that is an amazing story about what happened with your placenta and amniotic sac! Love seeing your twin photos. x

Best of luck to Melly, hope all has gone well and cant wait to see your babies!

There have been tons of January babies. Cant believe how close the rest of us our to due dates. If I go over I have a C section booked for 23rd Feb, although I dont see myself going that long.

DS had his op on Tuesday- home now and so far so good. I have just started getting bad braxton hicks at night time and have nested like crazy today.

Hope everyone is ok. I am getting rather nervous about labour now!

Its struck my how close to February we are..

the month I will have my baby... how mad it feels like only yesterday I was ttc and convinced it was never going to happen for me.

I hope your little one is doing well, emyjc! :) Popsicles were great for me post tonsillectomy (but not purple or red- those colour drinks or Popsicles can make it hard to see any bleeding) :hugs:

I feel like it is so close, but so far mrs lemon. I just want baby here now safe and sound.

So I did a little shopping today and finally got some things ticked off the list! I feel sooo ready for this little baby to arrive now, but keeping my fingers crossed she's going to stay baking in there until her daddy comes home in 18 days!

https://i.imgur.com/n3I1MjI.jpg

More details in my journal, but twins were born this aftetnoon after a two day induction. But, I got the vaginal, non-epi delivery I was planning towards - first time the attending physician had seen one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->