FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Wow, Melly, congratulations! 6lbs each is amazing for 36 week twins and to birth them both vaginally, I definitely take my hat off to you! Can't wait to hear more and see some pics, hope you've managed to get some sleep 💜

More details in my journal, but twins were born this aftetnoon after a two day induction. But, I got the vaginal, non-epi delivery I was planning towards - first time the attending physician had seen one!

Congratulations Melly :hugs:

Congratulations Melly, I'm so happy for you :hugs:

I feel so crap today. I've got a sore throat, achey legs, spots are sprouting all over my face, chest, back and even in my hair and I've got ulcers on my tongue. Not forgetting the uncomfortable achey feeling I have in my vag. I feel so run down and I'm feeling really sorry for myself now!

Congratulations Melly! Well done on getting the birth you wanted as well! Can't wait to see pics.

Pens, the end is in sight my love, hang on for a few more weeks!

I can't believe I've only got 4 days to go... And I'll never be pregnant again! I'm trying to savour it, but I'm just so busy at the moment, I feel like time is getting away from me.

Gonna have another little rant because of my poo mood today. My cousin is getting married in September and she has said I'm invited to the wedding from day 1 (she got engaged after she found out I was pregnant) but today she said to me that she doesn't want any kids at all at the ceremony or the reception after. The wedding is an hour away and will be an all day thing, we'll have to leave at 10 in the morning and it won't finish completely until 1 in the morning (15 hours later) so she told me to just find someone to babysit... I think she must be delusional. She got really annoyed with me because I said I most likely won't be coming if that was the case. She must be mad if she thinks I'm leaving my 6 month old for for that long, especially when I plan on breast feeding. I can understand if she doesn't want all of her friends kids running around at her wedding but there's only 1 baby in the family right now and then mine when she's born and we won't even be allowed to bring them to the reception after. I thought weddings were supposed to be family events. :wacko: she's just made it awkward.

Pens that's annoying, some people don't understand, some people do leave babies that young for a whole day or longer. I know I never could
xx

Pens that's annoying, some people don't understand, some people do leave babies that young for a whole day or longer. I know I never could
xx

She's not even born yet and I already know that I couldn't leave her for that long :( I'd be constantly worried something would happen and if it did I wouldn't be able to get back because she has arranged everyone travel by coach to the venues. It's frustrating because when I've spoken to her about it before she hasn't had a problem with it and even said if she started to cry she would get an usher to take her out, so it's just out of no where and she's wondered why people have got annoyed with it. I really wanted to go but I know I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy myself.

Congratulations Melly!!!! :hugs: way to go, vaginal and non-epi as you hoped; that's so awesome!

I'm sorry that she seems to have had a change of heart Pens. I've been to lots of weddings where 0 kiddos were allowed and I know it's never an easy decision to make as a parent as to how to handle it.

Maybe if you're able, attend the ceremony IF someone you trust could watch LO and pass on the reception? Maybe even a friend could come along and watch her in the nursery at the church if they're having a church wedding, or something like that? Then you wouldn't be far apart but you could still go. Just a thought.

Otherwise, no shame in not going if you're not comfortable doing so. :hugs:

I'm sorry that she seems to have had a change of heart Pens. I've been to lots of weddings where 0 kiddos were allowed and I know it's never an easy decision to make as a parent as to how to handle it.

Maybe if you're able, attend the ceremony IF someone you trust could watch LO and pass on the reception? Maybe even a friend could come along and watch her in the nursery at the church if they're having a church wedding, or something like that? Then you wouldn't be far apart but you could still go. Just a thought.

Otherwise, no shame in not going if you're not comfortable doing so. :hugs:

My original thought of plan was just to attend the ceremony but I don't drive and nobody else would be driving there because they're all going by coach that she's paying for. The venue is over an hour away so getting a taxi would definitely not be in my budget! She was always so family orientated and we used to be really close so it's just a shock that not even family kiddies are allowed to any of it :( I guess I'll just have to politely decline again when (if) she sends me an invite and hope that she doesn't stay mad at me.

Congratulations Melly!! So glad you got the natural delivery you wanted (so glad at least one of us 3 got it lol) I can't wait to see pictures and hear what you have called them xx

Wow, congrats melly! :D You're amazing! I'm sooo happy you got the birth you wanted! Looking forward to names and pictures if you end up posting those. :)

Pens, I would also personally decline such an invitation if someone invited me to a no-kid wedding and reception. It's sad to miss a friend's wedding, but your children come first and if you're uncomfortable leaving your baby, then I don't think you should go against your instincts. I would not have been able to be away from my 6 month old for that long, especially while breastfeeding. My daughter wouldn't take a bottle then and it would have been a huge amount of effort to pump enough of a supply and arrange care for that long, not to mention pump at the wedding/reception while away to maintain my supply... ugh. I'm still not comfortable leaving my 2-year old with anyone, but every parent is different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->