FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Melly, your babies were great weights at birth, is it really necessary for you to continue to follow a routine like that? Instead of pumping after the 20 minutes could they not just stay on the breast? I'm not criticising, I'm genuinely interested in the rationale behind pumping instead of just continuing to feed! :wacko:

I'm just following what the paediatrician advised! I'm hoping at our next check up on Tuesday I'll be allowed to change it up a bit. I think the reason behind the 20 minutes is because they were preterm, it tires them out a lot on the boob (some fraction of the time they don't make it to 20 minutes) and she wanted to make sure they were still getting enough food.

Oh, I see. Well, I hope you get the thumbs up to do without either the pumping or the formula (or both!) because I think the situation you're in now would lead to your supply eventually diminishing as well as wearing you out! Breastfeeding is tiring for all babies but that's one of the reasons to avoid bottles at first as they quickly get used to the fast flow and then don't always want to work at the breast (another reason Clara could be fussy). Hope you get good feedback on Tuesday, you're doing an awesome job and I would hate to see your efforts undone by medical interference! :thumbup:

2nd time let's hope it's not long for us. I had a sweep on Thu and nothing has changed. Dtd twice, done a ton of cleaning and just had hot vermicelli. I am no resigned to fact my boy will just come
When he's ready.

Melly, I can't imagine that routine times two!!!!! I hope your pediatrician thinks things are going well enough to be able to pair down the routine a bit. With the pumping your supply will hopefully be just fine and I know it will only get easier from here.

I'm just following what the paediatrician advised! I'm hoping at our next check up on Tuesday I'll be allowed to change it up a bit. I think the reason behind the 20 minutes is because they were preterm, it tires them out a lot on the boob (some fraction of the time they don't make it to 20 minutes) and she wanted to make sure they were still getting enough food.

Melly, I can't feed the twins longer than 30 minutes because at that point they burn more calories eating than they consume. I am thinking that is why the doc is limiting them to 20 minutes, they want to make sure they continue to gain weight.

I never imagined how long it would take to breastfeed/pump, I feel like all I do is feed babies all day long...or mix up the breast milk (I need to fortify to make it higher in calories). It is exhausting but worth it to me to give them breast milk.

You twin mums have my utmost respect! I am finding it tough going at points with just the one baby. :hugs:

Morning everyone! Today's section day! I have been up since 4 and am now checked into my room. I'm second on the list so not long to go! He's a peak at my room! Lovely view overlooking a graveyard!

Attachments

• IMG_20150215_071844.jpg
    IMG_20150215_071844.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 10
9 days until my elective and time is going so slowly! Any tips to help me pass my time? Just been spending some quality time with ds and dh but not much else to do, all the baby stuff is ready and house is clean! :(

Good luck jade!! the waiting is awful - but totally worth it :thumbup: x

Christina - go to the movies, read a book, have a mani-pedi - try to think of things you won't be able to go once baby had arrived!

Hello everyone! My little girl has arrived. She is still nameless! Born around 2 pm 4.2kgs. The section wasn't too bad just didn't like the spinal! I'm feeling ok now the incision burns more than it is painful. The baby has been feeding well and I'm so glad this is all over haha

Attachments

• 20150215_152813.jpg
    20150215_152813.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 13
Congrats, jade! 4.2kg- a real little bruiser ;) enjoy your newborn snuggles :hugs:

I have a question for you, minibump- last night we accidentally slept for 7 hours... She had a bottle of breast milk at 12 and then I seemingly turned my alarm off at 3.30. So woke up at 7.30 and fed her right away. I don't plan on making a habit of that just yet as she still needs to be gaining weight (and I wouldn't guess that her doing it one night means it would be the new norm!)... But just wondering whether it is ok for her to sleep so long? She did feed a lot during the day if that makes a difference! (And I'm surprised she slept so long as the night before she woke up screaming at 2am, 4am and then 6.30am!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->