FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I'm no expert but it's important to get 8-12 good feeds in any 24 hour period so if baby sleeps for a long time after cluster feeding for hours, for example, then it could be fine (after the first few days of life).

Also, has she just had a growth spurt as they tend to sleep more afterwards? I doubt it will continue too but, if it does, just keep an eye on the overall feed pattern, weight gain and the number of poopy diapers. If weight gain falters then you may want to consider waking her for a feed.

Congratulations Jade!

Thanks, minibump. :) she did eat 11 times yesterday. 7 hours just seemed like a very long time! I will be sticking to feeding every couple of hours today and for real not going beyond four overnight. Will see how she is doing at the pediatrician on Tuesday :)

I can't say I have noticed. Growth spurt, but I know one typically happens nowish. :)

Congratulations Jade!

Still waiting here, the messages from family members are starting to creep in asking if there's any development yet! We have plans to celebrate reaching my due date tomorrow, using up the rest of a cinema gift card and taking our friends to dinner as a thank you for looking out for me while DH was gone. Excited to see if we'll make it or not!

Ha, I don't know whether I hope you get to go to the movies or not!

Hopefully you will watch the movie, go home to bed and get a goodnights rest, then go into labor the next day ;)

I woke up at 5am with strong contractions and they've been coming every 2-3 minutes since then, so fingers crossed this is it. I think we'll start filling up the birth tub soon.

Thanks everyone. Feeling 100 times better than this afternoon but still a bit sore. Nurse just said at 6am they will take out the catheter and make me walk eek!
Good luck ferona!

Ooh feronia I hope this is it!! Surprise bub I wouldn't worry you are doing such a good job. I would carry on your plan to wake her up to make sure she gains weight and just put the 7hour stretch down to a busy day of feeding and that you both needed it :) no harm in a newborn and new mummy getting sleep. if you didn't set your alarm tonight chances are she'd wake up for a feed anyway. Good luck it's so hard not to worry but as I said you're doing great! :) x x x

Awww, thank you british mummy! I was just shocked and a bit guilty when I woke up at 7am! You are very sweet to be so kind and encouraging :)

Good luck feronia!! Hope everything is going well!!

Jade she is beautiful!! congratulations, hope you find the perfect name for her soon x

Congratulations Jade. She's adorable.

Good luck Feronia.

Our little boy arrived 2/12. 7 lb 10 oz and 21 inches long.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 13
Surprise, don't feel guilty! Both you and baby needed your rest. She would have woken you up if she needed to eat. My husband and I slept through our alarm for one feed - we were shocked that we either turned it off or didn't hear it!

Congrats Jade and crysshae!

Good luck feronia! I can't wait to hear the big gender reveal! :)

goodluck ferona and congrats to the new mommas :)

captain are we the only ones left waiting on our little ones? :flower:

Me too me too bounceyboo! I was due on the 10th with baby number2 :) I've been making plans all this week to tempt fate and am really sore with my Spd but apart from endless Braxton Hicks, no labour here. How are you feeling?? :)

I think there are quite a row people waiting! :) I am still looking forward to a few more birth announcements ;)

Congrats, crysshae! So sweet!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"