FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Had my induction this morning! They monitored me for an hour before sending me home. I've got to go back in three hours if nothing happens before then. So far I've got lots of pressure in my lower back so I'm leaning on babies bunk and rocking my hips which is helping! Can't wait for this to all be over!

How did they induce you, captain? (Just curious as I stayed in hospital from start to finish). :) I hope it all goes smoothly and you will be cuddling your baby in a few hours.

Surprise, they gave me prostaglandin. After posting earlier we went for a walk and had a bite to eat before going back to the hospital.

Contractions started to get very consistent but mild in pain across my stomach, it was getting more and more intense in my back though. They checked me again and my cervix had softened even more and they could see the contractions were progressing but still not enough. Sooo, I'm back home again until they either get too painful to speak through or at 7AM tomorrow morning! About to try and get some sleep as it's been a very long day!

Hope you can rest, Captain. How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear the good news. :D

Good luck, captain! I hope you get some sleep... And that bubs comes soon! :)

I am very happy to announce that my baby girl, Myah, was born at 4am on the 24th, weighing 7lb 3 ounces.
My waters broke at 6am on the 23rd (my due date!) and I was 2cm from 10am until 10pm, although the pain was really progressing. At 11pm I was 3cm and they let me stay in the hospital and gave me some paracetemol. For a few hours they were lasting for nearly 2 minutes and coming every couple of minutes and I was really struggling to breath through them, I got them to check me again and they said I was only 4cm but enough to go up onto the birthing centre. I waited 45 minutes for someone to come and get me and it probably would have been longer if I wasn't constantly calling them on my buzzer and me telling them that I kept accidently pushing! Once I was up there and I demanded they checked me again (they didn't want to because my waters had broken and there was risk of infection) and I was 9cm so they finally let me have some gas and air! 45 minutes later she was born :)

Congrats, pens! :)

Has anyone checked their dilation while in labour? It's soooo cool. My water had broken as well when the midwife got here so she didn't want to check me either, so she had me check while in the pool. I only felt a little lip of cervix so I told her I thought I was at a 9, but then I started pushing slowly and the lip disappeared.

Oh I added a link to Oberon's birth story in my sig. :)

So many people to congratulate! It's so fun to be talking about our babies now.

TTC - Glad you and baby are safe!

Captain - I hope things are progressing. Hang in there!

Rasberry - I'm not sure if I gave all of my stats earlier for the front page

Brooklynn May born on February 14, 2015 weighing 8 lbs 8 oz.

I just started a thread on this, and wondering if anyone here can help?

Over the last few days, my three week old has started to cough/choke/splutter at quite a lot of her feelings. We are supplementing with bottles, and it seems just as likely to happen with the bottle as it is on the breast.

Is this normal? Any advice on how to deal with it?

I think that she has a fairly mild case of reflux... Would that be the cause? Does medication help with choking?

Sometimes I have to stop part way through a feeding to sit my lo up, pat her back and then carry on. She is ebf and quite a guzzler. However it is occasional and not everytime. Can you ask your HV?

We are seeing her dr next week and I will definitely ask then! 'Guzzler' is a pretty apt description for my baby's feeding style! It is hard to get a good latch- but maybe I need to suck it up and do more than one pause per feed.

Thank you everyone. How many babies are left now? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->