FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

You have breast tissue in your armpits so it's possible you felt a pulling up there. Glad you're feeling better about your latch! :thumbup: Plenty of feeding and skin to skin should be enough to increase your supply if it's necessary. Fenugreek is known to increase supply but it's not something I've taken and I'm sure either the tablets are huge or they taste horrible - I've definitely heard something along those lines!

I drink tea with fenugreek in it and I really don't mind the taste. It really does increase supply quickly and has no bad side affects for me. I've heard some babies can get gassy when mom takes it, but it seems you'd have to take a whole lot. The tea I use is earth mama angel baby breastfeeding tea.

Is all our Feb babies here now? I can't believe Isabella is 2 and a half weeks old already, it's flown by!

My February baby arrived on the 5th March! My yellow bump turned blue and we're still on shock as I was convinced it was another pink one!
Had an amazing birth again. Managed a water birth again which I was over the moon about. Had a near identical experience to dds,but quicker! I even delivered him myself this time! He was born at 12:23am weighing 9lbs 1/2oz!

I am still around. Hoping he'll show in the next couple days.
May get an induction tomorrow if the hospital has room.

Congrats, smawfl, on your baby boy! :D I was like you and convinced I was having another girl. Absolutely sure of it! My mother instincts suck! :haha:

Congratulations smawfl! And River, hope your little one makes an appearance soon! This place is sooooo quiet now!!

Lets keep this group going and post some updates like on the FB group that Swan started. Is lovely to catch up.

Me and baby are doing really well. He loves booby and at his midwife home visit he had gained weight instead of losing any. He has gone from 6.7 to 8.14! And his not even 4 weeks til Wednesday. He is awake a lot during the day, but settles down at 11pm. He then stays asleep til 4am, feeds and then goes back to sleep til 6:30, then his awake wanting cuddles or feeding at least every hour. Lukily my other kiddies are at school so him wanting constant attention doesnt cause any jealously with them. Plus when there home they want to give him cuddles so it gives me a break, phew! I find it hard to get household jobs done, but id rather cuddle the baby anyway! Lol. My bp is back to normal, off meds now and my bleeding has finished now. Guess the first post baby period will be on its way soon....great.

Hope you and your families are all doing well xxx

Made this tonight. :flower:

16146467304_06b3e0292f_z.jpg

Peaceful, happy and contented Thomas......Unsettled, grumpy and unhappy Thomas, lol. He looks like his Dad when his grumpy :) xxx

Attachments

• 2015-02-25 15.12.43.jpg
    2015-02-25 15.12.43.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2015-02-21 20.20.26.jpg
    2015-02-21 20.20.26.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 3
Hi ladies, I know most of you are breastfeeding but I'm hoping someone can help me. My little one is two weeks old now, ive formula fed from birth (I was not able to breastfeed due to ibs medication) but my breasts are still leaking milk when she cries or feeds. Is there anything else I can do to stop it? Im wearing a fitted bra with breast pads.

Hey ladies. I mostly only keep up on FB now because picking up my laptop is hard. But I wanted to ask a question on here.

So, last night DH came into my room at about 1:30 am. He woke me up and said something like “hey what are you doing?” and I woke up in a complete hysterical panic (I began almost hyperventilating) because I realized the baby had fallen asleep next to me on the bed. He was swaddled and on his back and we were fine, but I’m trying so hard not to co-sleep so I got really upset. After I calmed down DH kept saying “we can’t do that, have to be more careful”. I am with him on that, mostly because I have a vivid horror story in the fore of my mind from a friend's experience, but my question is, how do you avoid falling asleep while breastfeeding in the middle of the night? I seriously cannot help it sometimes. I get up, change his diaper, sit in my chair, and sometimes before I realize it, I'm almost slumping over half dreaming. I do NOT want to do this and I obviously do NOT want to bring him into my bed to breastfeed lying down (something many people do without incident, just not my choice). But from birth it's been an issue... I am a very sleepy person. Help? I'll never forgive myself if something happens to my baby from me falling asleep, such as dropping him or suffocating him- those are very real possibilities. Thanks.

Megan, it's perfectly safe to co-sleep as long as you do so under safe conditions. It's actually MUCH more dangerous to try to stay awake while breastfeeding while sitting up compared to just sleeping next to your baby and breastfeeding knowingly.

Here's an article about how the AAP advice not to co-sleep backfired resulting in more infant deaths: https://commonhealth.wbur.org/2014/12/dire-warnings-against-infant-bed-sharing-backfired

If you keep blankets and pillows away from babies face, put him on his back on a firm mattress between your arms, aren't drinking alcohol, smoking, or on sleep aides, then it's safe to co-sleep. I've had mine sleep in bed with me since birth.

Attachments

• Safe-bed-sharing1.jpg
    Safe-bed-sharing1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for that link Feronia! I will share it with hubby. I want to keep breastfeeding, I want to sleep, and I want my baby to be safe. Whatever it takes.

It looks like we're going to try out a co-sleeper. I don't see another option. Best of both worlds.

Great option if you're personally not comfortable having him in bed with you. It's sooo nice being able to breastfeed at night without getting up. I feel much safer having my babies in bed with me personally. :)

As Feronia said, it is safe to co-sleep (certainly safer than falling asleep in a chair) but I'm like you and just don't feel totally comfortable with it (mainly because my DH is a big man and a heavy sleeper!). A co-sleeper is a great idea but, in the meantime, could you sit on the edge of the bed or somewhere else not very comfortable to feed? Obviously it depends how long you're feeding for, you don't want to end up with a bad back. Alternatively, maybe set an alarm on your phone to go off after 10-15 mins? If you're not drunk or on meds your instincts would more than likely prevent you from harming baby but I do understand where you're coming from x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->