FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Feronia, that would make sense, considering I was under general for a c section....
Pens, DS seems so good during the day, then a totally different baby at night like nothing can make him happy sometimes. I think he gets overtired but just won't fall asleep. He needs to be up on my shoulder with his back being patted and me walking around, not sitting, in order to calm him enough to fall asleep. But it can take up to an hour of doing that, longer if I think he is asleep and put him down before he is ready! Haha
Its been killing my back! And he feels so heavy now!

Surprise, my Paediatrician said not to worry about their poop....there could be different advice everywhere but that's what I was told because I was worried about his poop too....

Oh another thing I've found weird now too is my love for dairy has gone away. While pregnant I couldn't get enough of cold milk, cottage cheese, marble cheese on crackers, etc. Now I can't even stomach a small glass of milk, haha.

I am still here waiting around. Was due the last day of feb.
Had an u/s and nst, and everything was fine. Been getting a bit of brown discharge ever since my OB appt on Tuesday. Hopefully this is a sign that something is going to start soon!

River, I can relate. Was due Feb 25th and still here. Also had an NST (no ultrasound, but will have one tomorrow) on Tuesday. Midwife tried to do a sweep but said my cervix is still so posterior she wasn't able to. I've also had the brown discharge since the appt. Sounds like we're in similar situations! FX it happens soon for both of us!

DH is getting very antsy and tired of waiting for little man to get here... he wants me to try every natural induction method possible, lol. Starting to feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever... not feeling good about him coming on his own. Hoping I don't end up needing an induction because then I can't birth at the center with my midwife.

Breastfed baby poop is very mucousy and loose so don't worry about it being diarrhoea. Breastmilk contains a laxative and the milk passes through so quickly it doesn't have time to dry out any.

Anyone with a fussy baby in an evening, this can be quite normal but consider that your baby might be wanting to cluster feed before bed so, if all else fails, offer the breast (I'm not sure whether formula fed babies do the same) and keep offering as long as baby will take it (they can feed for hours)!

Otherwise, kellymom has some good advice about fussy evenings x

There is an insert in the postpartum packet my midwives gave me about poop. Variations are normal but the thing to be concerned about is white or grey poop that kind of looks like cottage cheese. That's bad. I don't know too much about it, but for EBF babies it can be orange, yellowish, and green and be normal, and the mucus sounds fine as well, though I haven't personally noticed that.

Thanks for all the poop reassurance. Her dr wasn't bothered (lucky man got to see a picture!) I still think it a bit odd... But as the only red flag, I don't think I should worry too much. I would sure like it if she would grow out of it!

I hope you ladies still waiting get to cuddle your little ones soon. :hugs:

River/Stef - fingers cro,sued you don't have to wait too much longer!!!

I never thought I'd be Google image searching mucusy baby poop. :lol:

Lol. I searched baby poo pictures too. Amazing what you can find on the internet!

Is it wrong that I was disappointed there weren't more/more detailed baby poop picture resources?! :haha:

For those of you doing bf, does your little one go straight from one side to the other or do they have a break? It's nearly 4am here and lo is in her third feed since midnight. She has one side, I out her down and she sleeps for ten minutes then wakes up for the other side.

The past week during the night I have just been doing one side for 20 or so minutes- then she generally zonks completely out. (She wants to nurse for lots longer during the day). If we do both sides it will be 20-30 mins on one, burp, straight to the other.

Thanks for all your earlier tips, ladies. BF seems to be getting much smoother!

For those of you doing bf, does your little one go straight from one side to the other or do they have a break? It's nearly 4am here and lo is in her third feed since midnight. She has one side, I out her down and she sleeps for ten minutes then wakes up for the other side.

Eli will have one side for 20-30 minutes (or more), then be burped and take a break of 5-10 minutes and just look around. Then on to the other one for the same amount of time. Sometimes he goes back to the first for a few minutes at the very end as well! I've started calling him my little piggy. :haha:

I am still here waiting around. Was due the last day of feb.
Had an u/s and nst, and everything was fine. Been getting a bit of brown discharge ever since my OB appt on Tuesday. Hopefully this is a sign that something is going to start soon!

River, I can relate. Was due Feb 25th and still here. Also had an NST (no ultrasound, but will have one tomorrow) on Tuesday. Midwife tried to do a sweep but said my cervix is still so posterior she wasn't able to. I've also had the brown discharge since the appt. Sounds like we're in similar situations! FX it happens soon for both of us!

DH is getting very antsy and tired of waiting for little man to get here... he wants me to try every natural induction method possible, lol. Starting to feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever... not feeling good about him coming on his own. Hoping I don't end up needing an induction because then I can't birth at the center with my midwife.

Fx you go into labour on your own soon!
I just keep telling babe he has to come out and cannot stay in there!

Izzie, my little one falls asleep on the breast every time. What I've started doing is feed on one side then change her diaper before offering the other. The diaper change wakes her up and gives her the little break she needs in-between :)

So this morning there was a knock on the door. As I walked to answer it with the baby she does an enormous burp for which I congratulate her. Answering the door to the postman, he asks if I'm alright as I sign for a parcel and I agree that I am. Going back up the stairs and into the living room with the parcel I sit down and look at the baby. My whole chest is covered with baby spit up and it is going down my cleavage. No wonder the postman looked perturbed!!

It's so nice to read that we are all dealing with similar issues. Brooklynn seems to have sleepy days and days when she's wide awake.

I'm interested in pumping enough for DH to take one feeding at night on the weekends so I can get more than 2-3 hours of sleep in a row. Do you think this would mess with my supply too much? Has anyone tried this?

I've pumped once a day so far and let DH get up for the first morning feed (around 7 or 8 am) so I can get an extra hour or two in the morning. When she happens to sleep a little longer or doesn't take as much from one breast during a feed I use that chance to pump. I haven't notice it effect my supply at all.

I haven't been to BnB in ages.
I would just like to congratulate all the February mommies on their new babies.
My little man was born on 17 Feb. He's doing great. We couldn't be happier.

Congrats to you and all the family, katy! :)

I saw a lactation consultant yesterday and got some tips to improve our latch. It seems to have improved things :) if you get a good, deep latch do you feel a kind of deep pull? I swear I could feet it at the top of my arm just now.

Also- has anyone used fenugreek to increase milk supply? The LC talked about it... I am just a bit weary...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->