FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

hi all,
back for a bit to annouce that our little lady finally made her appearace at 42 wks. Tamara Elizabeth, 10lb 2oz born at 5.07am this morning 4th March, both her and I are doing well, we got our lovely homebirth

Rasp, I hope your soon feels better soon! What a time to have scarlett fever. Poor kid!

Congrats on your home birth, lynnikins!

I started looking up more about true knots in the cord since my son had one (a full tight knot) that we noticed after he was born. Apparently they happen 1% of the time and are associated with a 4-times greater chance of stillbirth before or during birth -- I'm feeling so lucky that everything went great and that it didn't affect anything! I'm also glad I didn't know about it during pregnancy or I would have been soooo stressed out and worrying about every little change. Whew! My placenta encapsulator dehydrated the knot and part of the cord in a little heart shape, so I still have it.

Congratulations lynnikins! :)

How scary, feronia. I am so glad everything turned out just fine :hugs:

Congratulations to all the new mamas!
I've been following the thread but don't seem to get the chance to sit and post anything! Baby and myself are doing great, we visited the health unit twice within 24 hours to monitor her weight/jaundice this week and she'd gained 80 grams! So I guess feeding is going very well!

As for my birth story, I was induced for the third time last Friday and sent home around 6pm. I was back at the hospital by 9pm with good contractions and at 10pm my waters broke. Catelyn was born at 8am Friday morning after what DH tells me was almost three hours of pushing. After around two hours my contractions were starting to dip so they put me on an iv drip to help intensify them. We resorted to an episiotomy and with one last push she was out. The whole experience was very relaxed and calm! Baby's great and I'm feeling better every day :)

Hooray lynnikins, that's wonderful you got your home birth!

Feronia, can you share a picture of the knot? How nice of the encapsulator. And yes, probably a good thing you didn't know about it in advance!

Captain, hooray for the weight gain, well done to you both!!

Anyone else finding they get super emotional at certain points of the day? I've found it start to power out at about 4pm so I made sure I went for a nap today around that time. When I got up I still felt the same. Just a little over whelmed and exhausted with everything and had to have a little cry. I know hormones are all over the place right now but it's horrible to know it's coming!

Well I found out that I got an interview this year for midwifery school!! :D It takes place at the end of March when DS will be 5 weeks old, so I'm starting to pump now. I don't suppose I'll need too much being away for just 4 hours, but kind of nerve wracking!

Melly, here's a pic of the knot right after he was born and then one of the dehydrated heart my encapsulator gave me. He was doing flips in the womb!

Captain -- I've definitely been getting more emotional, mostly at sappy maternal things like my kids growing up and feeling sad over it! The placenta pills definitely help -- if I miss a dose it's worse!

Attachments

• knot.jpg
    knot.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 12
  • heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 8
Anyone else finding they get super emotional at certain points of the day? I've found it start to power out at about 4pm so I made sure I went for a nap today around that time. When I got up I still felt the same. Just a little over whelmed and exhausted with everything and had to have a little cry. I know hormones are all over the place right now but it's horrible to know it's coming!

Yes. For the first few weeks the strangest things made me cry.

Captain I was the same for the first few weeks. Every evening I'd just cry and cry over any dumb thing! Then right around 3 weeks I started feeling more normal and back to myself. :) Hugs and just hang in there :hugs:

Feronia!!!! Congrats about midwifery school!!!!!!! I hope the interview goes great :)

That's great news Feronia, best of luck with the interview! You certainly seem very prepared :)

I cried at everything the first week or two.

Good to know I'm not alone in the crying :)

And feronia, congratulations! That's fantastic news!!

Parenthood is crazy!!! Haha as soon as I think I have the hang of it, something makes it harder.
DS has had a cold for the last week. It's so heartbreaking.
Sometimes I wonder how people are allowed to have children and not be monitored by a professional or something! Haha . I still feel like I could break him. Having a cold makes it way worse too.

Also, this may be weird but like I knew being pregnant meant there was a baby inside of you, but it still just feel surreal that I have a baby....like as if the hospital just gave him to me. Lol

I am still here waiting around. Was due the last day of feb.
Had an u/s and nst, and everything was fine. Been getting a bit of brown discharge ever since my OB appt on Tuesday. Hopefully this is a sign that something is going to start soon!

Wnt2be, I've heard c-section moms say that before, especially if they were under general during the delivery. You're certainly not alone!

I'm sure most of your care providers have mentioned this, but it's super important to seek help if you feel more off than usual -- PPD is pretty common and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, and most places have resources in place to help new moms. Postpartum hormones are pretty crazy and most people feel more emotional than usual with some bouts of the blues, but definitely see someone if it feels worse than that or is getting worse as time goes by. :flower:

It seems I hardly have 5 minutes to myself any more to come on here so I'll try and catch up when I can!
Myah was being really fussy yesterday and last night, wouldn't stop crying no matter how many things I tried so I am absolutely shattered. She seems a lot more settled today though and I'm hoping it continues tonight. I wish they could tell us what is wrong, I got really tearful and felt very useless :(

I definitely find it surreal, wnt2be! I found the whole pregnancy was that way, too.

I'm seeing the pediatrician today for our one month check up and will ask then... But I am somewhat concerned about my daughters poop... I had thought a couple of weeks ago that it was diarrhea, but in the last couple of days have realised that I think it is mucus in there. Tmi question- but if you take a dirty diaper, close it and open it again are there sticky strings inside extending from one side to the other? :( I'm thinking she might have a food allergy or some digestive issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->