FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Have you gotten anywhere with a pelvic physio, feronia? I saw an amazing urogynecologist this morning and he will refer to pelvic therapy.

If anyone else has or suspects a prolapse, I definitely recommend being proactive and getting whatever help you can sooner, rather than later :flower:

It went well actually, thanks! She was very thorough in assessing me and it turns out I have nothing to worry about. She said there was a very, very minor bladder prolapse but it would probably correct on its own and is pretty normal for just being 5 weeks postpartum (what I was when she saw me). She gave me exercises to do to help. She also assessed my diastasis recti and it was a 1.5, and when she taught me how to breathe properly (lol, I had no idea you could breathe incorrectly) and when I did that the separation went to under a 1! I totally recommend seeing a pelvic floor physio, especially if you suspect prolaps (as SurpriseBub says) or if you're having bladder problems like any leaking. They can help!

I've still been having the awful cramps and back pain though, and saw my chiro today and she did a thorough adjustment and the pain is gone! She said my pelvis was misaligned or something -- who knows what's causing that.

Anyway, sorry for all the reflux diagnoses happening! I hope your babies start feeling better, soon.

I'm so glad it went well! :)

If your baby fusses but doesn't cry during the night, do you comfort them? Or just leave them and only go to them if they cry? If I am in bed, I leave her as I haven't wanted to risk waking her (and have been exhausted myself). But I'm wondering now whether that was a mean approach.

I don't know, sometimes they just fuss and go back to sleep in a few minutes, and if that happens I let him be. Sometimes the fuss turns to crying, and I tend to him right away when that happens. (I mean, sometimes with older kids around the baby has to wait a little though.) At night he's always in my arms anyway so I do comfort him since I'm right there.

If your baby fusses but doesn't cry during the night, do you comfort them? Or just leave them and only go to them if they cry? If I am in bed, I leave her as I haven't wanted to risk waking her (and have been exhausted myself). But I'm wondering now whether that was a mean approach.

I count to 20 before picking her up at night. If the noises are quiet, chatty sounds I let her get on with it and don't pick her up. If they escalate or become distressed or hungry noises then I pick her up sooner.

Grrr. People who park in parent and child spaces when they have a twelve year old, or worse, their child is not with them. Should be restricted to children who need prams or pushchairs.

I had two questions but I can only remember one right now :haha:

So I'm trying to get a supply going in the freezer for when SIL comes out in a couple of weeks. She's flying in then we're driving to the west coast of the island to rent a cabin for the week. The drive is about three hours and we're guaranteed to stop (for an hour or two) along the way.

So my question is, what's the best way to travel with my supply of frozen milk? Should I use a cool bag and ice packs to keep them frozen? What if it thaws a little? Will it be okay to put in the freezer when we get to the cabin?

It's safe to put back in the freezer if it's still frozen but I'm not sure I would if it's started to thaw. However, with plenty of ice packs (apparently the gel packs are better) it should stay frozen for more than the 5-6 hours you're needing. Don't forget you should really express any skipped feeds too to ensure you maintain your supply! x

I have stopped picking baby up with every little sound. She often grunts in her sleep, so I only get her when the grunting escalates to sounding distressed or if she starts to cry. Often she is still asleep and quickly goes back to sleep.

We all get more sleep this way!!

I don't even wake up to small noises, I don't get up the odd cry in her sleep or fussing only to crying or if I've woken and she is awake and making hungry signals as it sets off my milk letdown :haha:
Sometimes I put her back in her crib after an early am feed awake and she will go back to sleep by herself after she does 3 tired "wah" noises, if I attempt to settle her she would wake up more.
Xx

Hi I was hoping someone has advice....

Jude has had a rash for nearly a month now. I feel like the worst mom in the world I can't get rid of it. The pediatrician diagnosed it as yeast and has us using an antifungal cream a few times a day and Vaseline. I don't know what else to do at this point....I've done bare bottom time, baking soda bath, put breastmilk on it, and I can get it looking better for a day or so. Then it's right back to bleeding and horrible. Any advice?

Edit: first post on page 1,000! :haha:

ttc, that sounds rough! Have you tried changing diaper brands/types? Some babies react badly to certain disposable diapers and that keeps causing the rash to come back. There are some natural diapers without chemicals that might help, or could you try giving cloth a try? Neither of my kids have had a bad rash with cloth so I don't have experience there, but Earth Mama Angel Baby bottom balm clears up any redness pretty quickly.

Sorry to hear that ttc, we've had similar issues. First thing is stop the breastmilk! That will make it worse. Otherwise, the antifungal cream should work quite quickly and the vaseline will help. If you have any nappy rash treatment cream rather than barrier cream (we have Metanium here) mix that 50/50 with the antifungal cream and put it on with vaseline on top. We did an oatmeal bath (just put some in an old stocking and hung it on the tap so the water flowed through it) and that seemed to help. Also we changed nappy brands and just changed nappies very frequently. Hope it clears up soon! :thumbup:

Sorry, ttc :( that sounds very stressful. Just wondering- have they treated you both for yeast? ...just thinking that if you have it in your breasts (assuming you are breastfeeding), then maybe he keeps getting new yeast through his gi tract? (and thus nothing topical will get rid of it?)

That us all I can think of... Or that it isn't yeast after all. Maybe you could try a dermatologist if you don't know what to do next?

Thanks Feronia! I normally use prefolds and covers but our doc recommended disposable until it clears up and then says we should treat the diapers in Apple cider vinegar before putting him back in them. I've tried just about every kind of disposable. Also the Earth mama balm is normally our go to since it works so well and it is cloth safe! I also make my own wipes with coconut oil and witch hazel.

I'm seriously at my wits end. I have even been crying over it. I feel like he's had a mild to severe rash since birth :( In my mind it's due to the antibiotics I was given right before my c section. I HATE YEAST!!!!!!

My ds1 had one minor rash his whole life. :(

Sorry I have no clue why it posted twice. Thanks mini bump I had no clue the milk would make it worse!!!!! I bet that's half the issue!!!!

Surprise, that's a good thought! I guess I just assumed I'd have symptoms if I had it? Do you know if I would be asymptomatic?

I feel like a fool now for putting breast milk on it!!!!!!!

I'd probably not use coconut oil either, I tried that and it seemed to make it worse! (Having said that, vaseline isn't recommended either because the oil can feed the rash but it worked for me)

Don't feel a fool, if you didn't know, you didn't know! :winkwink: (BM is good for normal nappy rash, just not yeast rashes)

It could be the a/bs and you could be asymptomatic for thrush but I'd try cutting out the BM and the coconut oil first and it should clear up quite quickly. If not, then think about checking for thrush elsewhere.

Don't feel too bad ttc, I remember reading using breast milk on rashes when I was looking up Catelyn's!

That sounds unnerving! I didn't know breastmilk would make thrush worse but it makes sense - good to know! I hope it clears up soon!

Oooo, page 1000!

I don't know if you could be asymptomatic for thrush, ttc... I just remember reading how both should be treated if one has it, otherwise it can keep going back and forth from mom to baby. That and that a yeast diaper rash probably comes via the gi tract. So, that was the thinking behind my reply!

Is anyone else dealing with a very unhappy baby? I'm not sure if she is unsettled, having a growth spurt, having feeding issues... I really just don't know what to do at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->