FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Yes Surprise, LO is quite unhappy today, and yesterday actually. These last two nights have been the worst since DH went to work, she seems to be getting worse when it comes to sleeping longer at night.

Last night she was awake from 12-2:30, then awake at 3 until 5:30, and awake again at six. Safe to say I'm exhausted. Fingers crossed she'll suddenly sleep at least four hour stretches once she's out of this phase. I can hope!! Geez I can't wait for DH to be home this time next week.....

We had playtime at 3:30 this morning and didn't go back to sleep until about 5am! I don't think we've actually had two nights the same since she was born.

There are any number of things it could be SurpriseBub, there are so many growth spurts and developmental leaps in the first 3 months. Just go with it as long as baby doesn't have any symptoms of illness or seem in pain. If in doubt, offer a boob, it seems to work for us! :winkwink:

Oooo, page 1000!

I don't know if you could be asymptomatic for thrush, ttc... I just remember reading how both should be treated if one has it, otherwise it can keep going back and forth from mom to baby. That and that a yeast diaper rash probably comes via the gi tract. So, that was the thinking behind my reply!

Is anyone else dealing with a very unhappy baby? I'm not sure if she is unsettled, having a growth spurt, having feeding issues... I really just don't know what to do at the moment.

How old is she? Can't tell from your ticker. At 8 weeks there is a big developmental leap. We are just about to enter the twelve week one. Have to start reading up on it!

She is indeed 8 weeks. I have the Wonder Weeks book as you suggested, izzie. I still don't really know what to do with her, though! She just seems so unhappy.

How much eye contact do you all get from your baby?

I sit with my knees propped up and her on them so our faces are quite close. I then sing and chat away. Sometimes she stares fixedly at random things on either side...favourites at the moment are airers with the dark load of washing on them or out of the window. When she looks directly at me, I make sure to praise and make happy noises, or copy her noises and this seems to make her look at me for longer.

We sit the exact same way, izzie. Funnily eNough she has looked at me the most ever tonight ;) it is as if she knows when I have posted a question...

Thank you again ladies for all the help today. Knock on wood...but I think his rash is finally improving! I've put no more breast milk on it and been wiping with a solution of raw apple cider vinegar and water. I've also kept with the antifungal and Vaseline. Thank you all so much!

I'm sorry to hear about the babies that are a bit fussy lately! I do agree about the growth spurts and from what I remember with ds1 it seems to get so much easier between 3-4 months :)

Hang in there everyone! thank you all again :hugs:

Yep big fussy phase here too. :( I hope we all get some sleep tonight!

:nope::nope:Omg. Cut lo's thumb skin whilst cutting her nails. Never heard her scream like it. Feeling dreadful. :nope::nope:

:nope::nope:Omg. Cut lo's thumb skin whilst cutting her nails. Never heard her scream like it. Feeling dreadful. :nope::nope:

I've done that with both of mine when they were newborns. :( I totally understand, I felt horrible too, but they heal and it's harder to do once they're bigger! :hugs:

I posted in the FB group but I'm going to ask here as well: Is anyone else still in pain if you had a normal, uncomplicated vaginal birth? It's been 6 weeks and I'm still having cramping every day, usually with lower back pain in my coccyx. I wonder whether it has to do with pelvic misalignment or if I happened to hurt my coccyx during birth since going to the chiro stopped it for a few days. Also, my perineum is still sore even though I didn't tear. It feels different though like it's split slightly internally, if that's possible. And (tmi) horrible smelling clear discharge. Shouldn't that be gone by now? l didn't have any of these problems after my first birth... but maybe second time around is just more difficult.

I posted in the FB group but I'm going to ask here as well: Is anyone else still in pain if you had a normal, uncomplicated vaginal birth? It's been 6 weeks and I'm still having cramping every day, usually with lower back pain in my coccyx. I wonder whether it has to do with pelvic misalignment or if I happened to hurt my coccyx during birth since going to the chiro stopped it for a few days. Also, my perineum is still sore even though I didn't tear. It feels different though like it's split slightly internally, if that's possible. And (tmi) horrible smelling clear discharge. Shouldn't that be gone by now? l didn't have any of these problems after my first birth... but maybe second time around is just more difficult.

Have you been to th Drs for your six week check up yet? I would mention all these things and get them to check you out. The discharge could indicate an infection maybe?

I would think I'd have a fever if it were an infection, right? I did consider that though.
I need to call to schedule my 6-week appointment (which is the last appointment here in Canada with midwives). :( I'm stalling, though, because I find out on Thursday whether I get into midwifery school and my midwife is on the committee to decide, so I sort of don't want to see her until I know my fate! :haha:

These things happen, izzie! She won't feel it for long, and she knows you love her and would never hurt her! :hugs: just think of how good of a job you have done if that is her first experience of pain.

I have been getting cramps from about 4 weeks-present, feronia. But otherwise feel fine (i can't even feel my prolapse). I would get seen sooner rather than later just in case it is an infection.

baby got her 8 week jabs today. Poor thing is very out of sorts. :(

feronia, your cramping and pain in your tailbone sounds exactly how I felt with retained placenta. I remember thinking that I must have broken or cracked my.coccyx but as soon as the piece (7cm so not all that big for so much pain) was out I felt a ton better. I also had foul smelling (but ok looking) discharge but no fever. The back pain was awful though and I'm pretty sure you shouldn't still be cramping. I think I'd call the midwife... It sounds like it could be a small piece of placenta. You're so knowledgeable, I definitely think you'd know if it's an emergency, but better to be checked in any case :hugs:

I would think I'd have a fever if it were an infection, right? I did consider that though.
I need to call to schedule my 6-week appointment (which is the last appointment here in Canada with midwives). :( I'm stalling, though, because I find out on Thursday whether I get into midwifery school and my midwife is on the committee to decide, so I sort of don't want to see her until I know my fate! :haha:

I have had an infection in my scalp before and no fever, so I think you can have an infection without one...? Still best to ask your Dr.

Good luck with your school results. Let us know how you get on.

Izzie, I'm sorry! accidents happen to all of us! At least you were trimming her nails! My poor bubby's are way too long because I'm nervous of trimming them!!!! :) :hugs:

Surprise, I'm sorry she is out of sorts now! Shots are hard on these little ones! I put warm compresses on my little guys legs and it seems to soothe him. Hope she feels better soon!!!

Thank you! We had about 8 hours of alternating tears and sleep. But i just got a smile on the changing table, so hopefully she feels much better :)

Oh Izzie, I did the same and her little face was heartbreaking!! I hated myself. Now I bite their nails when they're feeding.

Little girl had a long, whiny day yesterday and similarly for the previous few days - very hard to get to sleep and only sleeping for 15-20 minutes during the day even when she gets to sleep. I hope it's a wonder week or growth spurt or some kind of phase because it's impossible to get anything done when she's awake and overtired all day! Poor little chicken.

Thanks, ttc126. It shouldn't be retained placenta since my midwife checked it thoroughly after birth and confirmed it was intact. I wonder if it's a clot or something though. I did have that subchorionic hematoma, so I guess it's possible that it wasn't absorbed and stuck around a bit longer. I'll call today to schedule my last appointment with my midwife!

I'll definitely let you guys know what happens! I'm going to be sitting next to my phone all day Thursday in case I get the magical phone call... or bad-news email. :/ Ahh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->