• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

got everything crossed for you feronia on thursday! Hope you figure out what is causing your problems x

So baby girl has discovered her hands in the last couple of weeks. She likes to suck thumb and first finger. Only problem is she is playing with her tongue and sticking her finger down her throat causing her to gag and be sick. Had to change bed sheets tonight and pick her up to back slap as she started choking. Have reverted back to mitts for nighttime so she can't do it!

aww izzie that's kind of cute but very sad she makes herself be sick!!!!! :) Babies are crazy!

Now the weather is warming up, what do you dress your baby in to go out in the pram? Her snowsuit is now far too warm and sweaty!

I have a question for you breastfeeding ladies... if I squeeze in the morning it jets out. If I squeeze hard in the evening a few drops appear on the surface and that is it. Is this normal? Or do you still have a stream of some sort when you start a feed late in the day?

Two things we have in the house have been recalled with listeria. I know I'm not pregnant any more, but it is still unsettling. Warn any pregnant friends in the US off Blue Bell ice cream and Sabra hummus for the time being! :hugs:

Izzie I have one thinner kind of snow suit that I put on her for cooler days but on warm days I put her in a cosy cardigan over whatever else she's wearing, plus a little blanket to cover her up (it's not THAT warm here yet).

Someone once told me to dress them in what you'd wear for the weather plus one layer. Generally I find it works pretty well.

On the topic of clothes, I've been trying to compile a list of clothes I need for LO. There's a consignment sale down island that I might attend on Saturday and my SIL is going to a huge one before she comes out next month and keeps asking what I need. I really don't have much past 0-3 Months and am thinking of summer and eventually winter stuff as people will probably be getting rid of all their winter stuff now. Any suggestions on what to put on my list to get me going!?

Surprise, I did read something about being fuller in the mornings, maybe due to hormones? I know it's the best time of day to pump because of that. Just this morning I woke up and one breast had filled my pad and I was soaking. When I looked in the mirror that one side was almost twice as big as the other :haha:

Thanks, captain! I know there's for sure more in the morning. But she gets so frantic when I try to feed her at night, so I wonder whether there really isn't enough or she is just so fussy and unsettled that she can't keep it together to feed properly! I also read that for something like 75% of women the right breast produces more. :)

I was told the same thing about clothes from our hospital: what you have on plus one layer. It seems to work well... Though I run cold, and OH runs hot. So whose layering do you measure from?! ;)

if I were shopping for her 6 month wardrobe from scratch, I would go for something like the below (at least where we live!):
1 swimsuit
7-10 pjs (maybe a mix of footed and unfooted)
3 sleep bags
4ish long sleeve body suits
8ish short sleeve body suits
4ish dresses
4ish short sleeve or no sleeve rompers
5 shorts
5-10 pants (mostly unfooted)
3-4 hoodies/cardigans etc
A few pairs of socks
1-2 pairs Robeez style shoes (dotty fish from Amazon.co.uk are much cheaper even with shipping!)
Some dribble bibs :)

That looks like a lot on paper!

My midwife also told me what I'm wearing plus one layer, but I don't think it applies to babywearing. I generally put him in the same number of layers I'm in and then zip my maternity coat up over him and my body heat does the rest. :)

Yeah, due to hormonal fluctuations, most women have a slower milk flow in the evening and a faster flow in the morning. It's normal, it's nothing you're doing. :) It doesn't mean you're producing less either. See this link: https://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/fussy-evening/
And this link is good about low milk supply: https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/low-supply/#supply

Does anyone else have days when they get ravounously hungry? I've been eating like a mad woman all day! Going to try for a bigger breakfast tomorrow to see if that helps. I know when bf you need extra calories, and I walk for an hour or more mist days, but this was ridiculous!

I have read that your prolactin levels are highest between like 1-5am so that is why you get more milk and should pump at least once during those hours. I think the twins would sleep through the night but I am not willing to give up my pump at 1:30am since I get so much more milk...so we feed them still once a night.

The hospital told me the same as far as dressing. I am always so much colder than my husband so I dress them according to my comfort. They usually wear a onesie and a bodysuit with long sleeves and covered feet. At night they wear the onesie inside their sleep sack, Mackenzie is usually warm and sometimes sweating in the morning. We keep our house at 72. Not sure what to do in the summer.

Izzie, I am always hungry. I wasn't even this hungry when I was pregnant. I could eat all day long. Really annoying since I dropped all my pregnancy weight right after I had the girls but now I am up a few pounds.

Thanks, ladies! I think minibump had linked to those kelly mom articles at some stage, too. I just find it hard to judge whether I fit in with the norms! (And in general I find it hard to know what is going on, as you obviously don't see what is happening!)

I pump first thing in the morning and generally get close to two meals worth for her. So, we are using those last thing at night and first thing in the morning. Happily, we seem to be past refusing the breast- I was flattered that she preferred breastfeeding to a bottle after her shots this week :haha:

My mum is here and she has done a lot in a few days! I had tried Mam pacifiers without success, so thought my baby was one of the dummy refusers (to my disappointment). My mum bought an Avent one, which has been a huge hit :) I think some of her cluster feeding was more about comfort, so the pacifier is doing wonders for us both! With Grandmas wise settling, she has also had a long nap each afternoon. :) :) :)

You don't need to judge, Surprise, that's the beauty of BF! Let your baby be your guide, they set their own norm :thumbup:

Do you notice any issues with feeding morning milk at night? It's thought by some that it's akin to feeding baby espresso at bedtime since the hormones are different (others don't see a difference). Glad things are going well!

Waiting on your news Feronia, fingers are firmly crossed over here!

Nope, no issue with morning milk here yet. She hadn't been sleeping much during the day before this week, though- so she might also have always been exhausted by late at night. I also have had coffee before bed without issue, so it might just be in her genes!

Bad news on my front, unfortunately. :( I didn't get in. It was only really a 50% chance anyway after the interview -- 200+ applications, 40 interviews, and 20 spots. At least I made it to the interview, but this is not my year.

I did apply at one other midwifery program but it's in Ontario so we'd be looking at a cross-country road trip with a 4 month old and a 2.5 year old. They have 160 applications for 30 spots, and no interview -- just an essay and grades. I don't know whether my chances are better or worse. I'll still accept if I'm lucky enough to get in. Thanks for your kind words! :) I was feeling pretty low earlier but am now feeling much better. Even if it takes me another 3 years to get in, I'll still end up being able to have a 30 year career (or more) as a midwife, and I'll be able to spend these years with my kids while they're young. So it's not all bad!

Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for, feronia. Looking back it always seems these things work out as they should. I have no doubt you will be a midwife! :)

Feronia, I'm so sorry! I know how much you wanted this!!!!! Like you said, the fact you made it to the interview portion is awesome ;) Not to mention you have it together enough to do an interview at 6 weeks postpartum with your SECOND BABY! You should be really proud of yourself.

Like you said, you'll get to enjoy time with your littles and I have no doubt you'll get in next time!

Sorry to hear that, seems like competition for places is fierce everywhere - it's much the same in the UK and a lot of students either never finish the course or qualify but decide not to do the job. It must be so annoying for people who are passionate and really want to have a career but miss out because of academic achievements or interview skills :nope:

I agree that these things do usually happen for a reason. Good luck with your other application but, if you don't get in, you have time on your side so just enjoy your children and get lots of voluntary experience under your belt.

Tamara feeds between midnight and 1am then wakes between half four and five for her next feed and if i can i get her back into her bed till half 7 ish when its up for the day, naps after mid morning feed and tea time feed she doesnt nap after her early afternoon feed or before her mid morning feed but may doze off in someones arms for a few min.

Awwww Feronia, I'm sorry. I like your chances for the next option though - top 40 of 200 puts you in the top 20%, and for 160 applicants that puts you in the top 32 applicants, and there are 30 spots!! So I think your chances are better. Best of luck.

I am hungry all the time too, and all the Easter chocolate isn't helping! The weight is slowly coming off still though. I went from 157-215 pounds and I am back down to 175 and losing about a pound per week. I am hoping to be vack in real clothes (instead of maternity clothes!) when I go back to work in 8 weeks. I can't believe it's only 8 weeks away :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->