• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

The bath thing is completely bizarre, captain! It is sweet she is interested and sort of wanting to be as close as possible... but that is WAY too close!

To be honest, I think I have pnd now (or more like post natal anxiety). I was doing better, but have been a ball of stress and tears this weekend. My poor husband. I feel like I haven't been myself, have been overly stressed and worried from pretty early pregnancy to now.

Omg ladies, serious question. Do any of you ever feel "phantom kicks" feels like a baby is kicking from inside. I was reading up on it & someone says it could be uterine spasms or something called (forgot the name) but it's something I'm going to bring up at my next doctors appt. just wondering if any other ladies experienced the same thing?

Yes! I did after my first when I was about a year postpartum. Lasted about a month then went away. It was super weird, but made me remember what it was like to feel baby kicks. :)

Omg ladies, serious question. Do any of you ever feel "phantom kicks" feels like a baby is kicking from inside. I was reading up on it & someone says it could be uterine spasms or something called (forgot the name) but it's something I'm going to bring up at my next doctors appt. just wondering if any other ladies experienced the same thing?

Yes! I did after my first when I was about a year postpartum. Lasted about a month then went away. It was super weird, but made me remember what it was like to feel baby kicks. :)
Oh my goodness I'm so happy I'm not the only one, I was beginning to think I was crazy or something. I was started to think I was pregnant again (but I know I couldn't be because I haven't been with anyone since I gave birth & plus I've been bleeding since the day after my daughter was born (sorry if tmi)

Surprise, please talk to someone (your GP, midwife, etc) if you think you have PNA. :hugs:

My two have started doing little baby crunches, like they are trying to sit up. It's so cute!

The bath thing is completely bizarre, captain! It is sweet she is interested and sort of wanting to be as close as possible... but that is WAY too close!

To be honest, I think I have pnd now (or more like post natal anxiety). I was doing better, but have been a ball of stress and tears this weekend. My poor husband. I feel like I haven't been myself, have been overly stressed and worried from pretty early pregnancy to now.

surprise, please please call your dr. I had no idea it didn't have to feel like I was going crazy. You don't have to feel anxious over leaving the house or like every decision is so major that you can't even make a simple choice. I really wish someone would've told me to call my dr. I struggled with feeling crazy for way too long and now looking back I realize things could've been so much nicer for me and my first born. :hugs:

I am going to call tomorrow. I don't think I have a terrible case, but I haven't felt like myself for pretty much a year now. It is funny you brought this up now- I called my mum on Friday night and we talked about it. The plan is to call tomorrow and see when I can get an appt. Thanks, ladies!

No worries, Feb15 bumpers gotta watch out for each other! Let us know how it goes.

Thank you all so much for the replies!! Made me feel so much better about the way I was feeling.

The in-laws left Sunday evening after helping us pack and we left the boat and the island Sunday evening for our move. We'll arrive at the in-laws place tomorrow morning where we'll stay with them for about two weeks until we get the keys to our apartment.

We been in hotels for over a week now, and the week before that was constant packing. It'll be nice to relax at the in-laws place for a while but it's still not home. I just want to get to our apartment now, buy our furniture and have a place to finally call home.

The post about playing house with baby was spot on. At their home, DH's neice will lay in bed and her mother will take their dog in to her for cuddles in the morning (she's an adult, remember) and one morning at the cabin she even called her mother from the bed and asked her to bring Catelyn in to her! Ugh. I can't wait to lock that door to the apartment and it just be the three of us!!

Argh, Captain, it would be hard not to say something!

Speaking of guests, my mother is about to head back to Australia after three months of staying with us to help care for the twins. I will miss her (and her extra pair of hands!) so much :( I go back to work in 2.5 weeks and my husband will be home over the summer. His family will be helping out over the summer - his sister arrives for five days the day after my mum leaves, then a few days after she goes his aunt arrives for 10 days, then a couple of days before his aunt leaves his mother arrives for three weeks, then his dad arrives for a month. I know my husband has just put up with my mother for three months, and I know I will really appreciate all the help, but it is starting to feel like we will never have the house to ourselves again.

I could not have all those people in and out of my house, not even my own mother for anywhere near that long! If i get visitors for more than a couple of hours i'm ready for them to leave! That is often why i go out and visit/meet people out because then when i've had enough i can leave lol

Are you managing at home just on your own shells?? I can't imagine it! There is so much to do even when they're finally asleep. :lol: Let alone feeding them and getting them to sleep!!

I love being home with her, but it does get lonely when you only have a very small person for company! I'm sure it will be tough to be back at work and have visitors, melly. Hopefully they will be helpful and relieve some stress- at least you know there will be loving arms there to hold a crying baby! Then you can come home for all the evening cuddles :) lots of luck with going back to work. Let us know how the transition goes.

I saw my OB today, and that was definitely a positive. I love being a mum, and hope I can start to be a less anxious one! I guess if you think 'maybe I should call', then you probably should- nobody will make you say anything/do anything/take meds etc unless you want. I am also super thankful to have the good kind of care lots of women lack in this world :) I should also say how thankful I have been to have found this board. Having no family around, and no pregnant friends, you have all been very appreciated :hugs:

Are you managing at home just on your own shells?? I can't imagine it! There is so much to do even when they're finally asleep. :lol: Let alone feeding them and getting them to sleep!!

yes hun, DH went back to work 12 days after getting home and he's out the house from 6.30-6.30 and i've been on my own everyday since lol Dh went away for 4 days when they were 4 weeks old and he goes away regularly at weekends. I did all the night feeds on my own once he went back to work, only very occasionally did i have to wake him to help. Sam is sleeping through the night now and Ollie wakes around 2ish-4ish for a feed, but we struggle with winding when he's sleepy so he can then be restless until it's time to get up. From around 5.30am if he hasn't winded properly he often ends up in bed with us just so he doesn't disturb Sam.

After 7+ weeks in the hospital and then the nanny moving in with us for almost 3 months I am glad that it is just me, my husband and the girls now. I have things figured out and have a pretty good routine. I find I am more relaxed and not as stressed now that the nanny is gone. I really do miss having someone to chat with during the day, I have the tv on all day and sing and talk with the babies.

I do miss conversation sometimes i must admit lol I talk to the boys and they love it Sam 'talks' back to you and is very enthusiastic (i mean loud) lol I'm still waiting on Ollie 'talking' back but he smiles and is very engaged. I have the TV on all day and we sing too, well i attempt to but they don't seem to mind lol x

LOL. I'm glad you guys have it worked out. I am beginning to think all the family help we have lined up in the summer is overkill but we will see :lol:

Hugo rolled front to back the other day! It was very exciting. :lol: Clara has done it once as well a few weeks ago but her arms were under her as I had just rolled her over so I think it was a fluke.

Struggling at the moment. It's a week until the anniversary of my sons birth. He was born sleeping almost two years ago. Can't stop thing about him, missing him. Then feel guilty as I have my very much loved little girl now and wouldn't have her if he had lived. Next week is half term here and almost all our clubs stop, so in a difficult week there will be few distractions. Dreading it already and trying to make plans with friends to fill the time. Sorry to moan. I have plenty if people to support me, thank goodness, but still will be on my own for most of the day.

Izzie, we were due around the same time and I remember when you lost your precious little boy. I'm so sorry. I will be thinking of you! :hugs:

Oh Izzie, I'm so so sorry :hugs: I hope you are coping well. You can love both your children, and shouldn't feel guilty for missing your son. It doesn't mean you don't love and appreciate your daughter. :hugs: so sorry you have been through something that should never ever happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->