FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Busy is an understatement!

Melly - not at all, I imagine many women go to work just for a rest and adult conversation.

Xx

Yep- very busy here too. I am really enjoying having a 4 month old. It is so fun to see her take in the world.

It is great you are enjoying being back at work, melly! I can very much understand enjoying the adult world. Sounds like you have the best of both worlds in many ways. :flower:

Awwww it is so quiet on here now! I hope everyone is busy enjoying these beautiful Feb(ish) babies!!

I'm curious about what advice you are getting/what you are doing about toothbrushing? We saw the pediatrician yesterday and he said it wasn't necessary before one, but we could wipe with water (or a finger brush and water) "if we wanted". I'm not comfortable with the idea of not brushing (ie. Sugar in milk and solids when the time comes), so think we will gently brush with a tiny bit of toothpaste (once teeth appear). I've never heard of anyone not brushing at all before!

Just curious about what you do/will do/have done/been advised? :flower:

We were told to brush as soon as teeth appear. I e en saw advice somewhere about rubbing gums with wet cloth,but I don't do that. I will definitely be brushing with soft brush and baby toothpaste at the first signs of teeth. Think they need to get in the ha it of daily brushing straightaway.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/looking-after-your-infants-teeth.aspx

This page is useful for tooth care advice.

Where do you live surprisebub? I'm surprised that you were told to wait.

We were told to brush as soon as teeth appear. I e en saw advice somewhere about rubbing gums with wet cloth,but I don't do that. I will definitely be brushing with soft brush and baby toothpaste at the first signs of teeth. Think they need to get in the ha it of daily brushing straightaway.

I had read about wiping gums, too. We haven't done that. So, I was surprised by the doctor's advice. I think like you, we will do a gentle brush on each tooth that appears.

We are in the U.S. Not sure if it is general advice here, or just our doctor's opinion! I have agreed with his view on pretty much everything except this.

Hi Everyone,
It sure is quiet on here lately....
I was wondering if anyone has like no sex drive? My dh has been very understanding but sometimes I don't even want to kiss him more than a peck. I'm afraid to get pregnant again (but I haven't got a period yet) and I can tell I just tense up when we try to do it.
I'm also feeling a little PPD I think :(
My friend had her baby 3 weeks ago and I keep comparing her little guy to the way my son was. There is like nothing similar to what I experienced and it makes me question EVERYTHING I did looking after him. And things i do now with him. It makes me want to go back in time so bad. Even go back and change how his birth turned out. So many "what ifs" run through my mind, it drives me crazy! I keep watching videos of when he was first born and rereading my journal and even reading old text messages to try and remember those days.
Tonight I got really emotional nursing my son and wanting to stop him from growing up so fast because I feel like I already forget so much.
Does anyone else feel like this? Could it be PPD or just normal reminiscing?

I love looking back at old photos and seeing how my lo is changing and growing. I know what you mean about analysing how you are and what you are doing. I've decided that as long as I feel I'm doing the best I can at the given time then I can't do more. Some days I may do or cope less well than others, but just do what I can. There is no point looking back being disappointed. Try taking pictures of activities, smiles and new outfits etc so you can look back at positive things and see how well you are actually doing. Being a mum is the most amazing thing, but it is certainly the hardest thing that I have EVER done!

I look through all of the twins pictures while I pump...it is amazing how fast they are changing. I also keep a journal, some days I don't write much but it is fun to look back and read everything since I already forgot stuff. I also take a picture everyday, if I open a new toy or they do something new like roll over I take a million pictures. Tomorrow it will be one year since the ultrasound when I found out they were twins so I will take their picture with the ultrasound photos. I might go a little overboard with pictures but I always found they bring back all the memories.

I'm sorry you are going through this, wnt2be. It does sound like it could be ppd... the reason I say that is because you mention it yourself, and you are best placed to know! If you are concerned, talk to your oh, mum, friend, your doctor :flower: having a baby is AMAZING! But it can also be overwhelming. I think looking back on your efforts in a negative light could be more to do with how you feel now, if you know what I mean? You clearly love your baby and would have done the best you could at the time... that is all we can try to do! Feeling anxious now makes it easy to doubt what you have done earlier. :flower:

I'm 50% excited as baby grows and 50% nostalgic and in disbelief. I do miss my teeny tiny newborn, but also am so impressed when she does something new! I'm in shock to think solid foods are only a few weeks off. Try to enjoy now- your baby is still a little baby. Enjoy the smiles/babbling and things that he can do now (and didn't as a newborn!). In a year or two pictures from now will seem so little. I guess we can miss the past, but don't let that take your enjoyment out of the present.

I hope you feel better about things :flower: and don't doubt yourself- you've got this and your baby loves you!

Thanks Ladies!
I definitely agree with what you have said.
I feel like you've really said what I needed to hear, because I know I'm putting in so much effort and doing the best that I can. So much so that I become critical of what I did in the past. Even though I was doing the best I could do back then too!
So I'll remember what you've said when I'm feeling this way again and try to live in the moment more because time is just going too damn fast! :)

It is so easy to do... Hindsight is 20/20!! Glad you are feeling better- enjoy your baby. :) :) :) I wasted far too much time being anxious.

Wnt2be, if you're at all worried, go talk to someone and get properly assessed. There are also quizzes online for you to ask yourself some questions, like https://www.babycenter.com/5_could-you-have-postpartum-depression-ppd_10351692.bc

One of the best things about twins for a new mum, in my opinion, is seeing two babies react differently to the same parenting!! Shows you that you're not doing anything dramatically wrong! :lol:

Hi ladies. I'm not actually part of this group. I was due in early March but baby arrived end of February. So I've been reading your posts quite a bit. I feel like I've struggled a lot since my boy arrived. It seems like some of you have struggled to so its nice to know I'm not alone. I think my main problem is dh lost his job. He's currently doing temp work but it's a few hours away. So he only comes home at weekends. He has just got a permanent job, which he will start in a month or so, but it's about a 5 hour drive from where we live now. So we are all moving. I have lived in the same town all my life so I'm scared about moving and raising my boy with no family or friends around us to help. Not quite sure why I'm posting this here. Just wanted to vent to some other ladies with babies the same age as my boy. You all seem a lovely group!

Hi Molly, Welcome to the group.
If you know where you are going to be going, you can start online searching children's centres for their summer timetables, libraries for their rhyme times and mums net /net mums for their what's on boards. I'm sure moving away must be very daunting. I have found having a baby has given me new found confidence. When you go to places, people are interested to know about your lo and you have an instant conversation.
Good luck with your move and keep us updated on your adventures.

Hi everyone. It has been way too long since I have been in here (as is obvious from my siggy, I can't even remember how to change it oops!). There are those of you on our FB group that I keep up to date with and I'll do my best to catch up with your news but I hope you are all doing well.

I have to say I have found the transition from one to two extremely tough. I am so grateful that my oh works from home because without him I don't think we could have done it. My daughter is still not walking although is doing really well despite her disability and Caelan has proven to be a bit of a Velcro baby. Seriously I cannot put this child down without him squealing like I have murdered him �� The house is a tip most of the time because I literally can't get a thing done. He is also a pretty bad sleeper so all in all I have been struggling with PND but I am feeling a little more in control this week. I do think that part of the reason I have struggled is seeing the things that Caelan does so easily that Gabriella struggled and still struggles with. But saying that he is a gorgeous boy. He looks so like his Daddy especially some of his expressions. He is very funny and he adores his big sister even if she finds him a little annoying lol.

He is still breastfed and completely refuses bottles and dummies. We can get him to take an oz or 2 of expressed milk from a syringe if I have to be away for longer than 3 hours which has only happened twice but otherwise he's all about the boob �� We will be doing blw so another 5 weeks assuming he is sat up independently and we will make a start. He has started to really take an interest and try to grab what we are eating.

So that's us. I will really try to read back on your updates so I hope you are all ok.

Xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi molly! Welcome :flower: I can see why you are scared to move with a small baby. I think the advice to look for groups ahead of time is great! And good news is that you aren't that far away- hopefully you can still see people from your home town. I have moved a few times... it is tough in some ways, but also fun and exciting to find new places/people/things to do. Good luck!

hi maisie! Welcome back :hugs: so sorry it has been tough for you. Though happy to hear you are also feeling better :) it must be a lot to have two little ones, and especially so when one has extra needs. It is kind of cute she finds him annoying...! I think my older brother can almost acknowledge I exist now :haha: take care of yourself as well as your little ones :) sorry that your little man won't take a dummy/bottle. Have you tried a few different ones? As you say, good job solids are just around the corner. :) I hope things keep looking up for you- your little man is so sweet!!!

What foods are everyone starting with? Unless she pushes us we will wait until she is 6 months. Then food #1 will be carrot puree. :)

Lol maisie, 60 weeks pregnant, can you imagine?

Molly, oof, you've had a tough time of it :( Hopefully you can start anew!

We're going with carrot too! In the last week she has become really interested in Watching us eating and wants to get involved. I am waiting til 6 months as well, but when she is soooo interested it's really hard not to give her something to try! I think I may try soft carrot sticks for blw instead of purée, but I haven't quite decided yet!

Welcome Molly, give me a pm if you want to join the Facebook group it's a secret group so no one can see you are in it or even search for it.

It's so hectic here as a newly single mother but it's not as hard as I thought. Yet.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->