• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

We have used a crib from the start, izzie :) she refuses to nap in there, but sleeps happily in it overnight (I think more to do with it being dark). We went straight for the crib based on both money and space :)

I think you don't need to change until she is either too big or too active to fit safely in a cradle!

Ps. Is there a difference between a crib and a cot? I was thinking crib is American, cot a British word... but are they actually different?!

US crib is the same as UK cot, but here in the UK we have cribs too which are smaller and often rocking or swinging so like a cradle I guess.
Dd in a small crib at the moment until we move and ds gets a bed and dd will go in his cotbed which ds has been in since 10 weeks.
I think a lot will depend on if you want more babies and the likely age gaps.
Xx

How many ounces are your LO's drinking. My daughter drinks 5 ounces every 2 hours. Is that normal for a 3 month old, I know every baby is different by her pediatrician wants her to gain more weight since she's going in a curve on the growth chart. Mind you she was born 4lb 6oz at 38 weeks.

Mine are drinking 4-5oz every four hours during the day and going eight hours at night.

Just had 16 week jabs. Real tears ��. Feeding and sleeping since, and fine now. Thank goodness that's over!

Mine have been in a cotbed from day one (or day 8 once we got home) I can't imagine having to transition at this stage x

I have one baby on 7oz and the other on 4-6oz every 3-4 hours and i have one who goes 10 hours over night and one who is up twice, but sometimes only once... he's getting there lol x

Have not been on here in ages my little boy goes 3/4hours on 5/6ozs depending on his mood,he will often sleep through the night settles around 9 and will sleep to 5 or like last night he went down at 9 and didn't wake til 630

Ps. Is there a difference between a crib and a cot? I was thinking crib is American, cot a British word... but are they actually different?!

This is what I call a cradle, also called a crib by some. We still have a while in it I think. She slept in a travel cot for the first time this weekend though and loved the extra space!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
Have not been on here in ages my little boy goes 3/4hours on 5/6ozs depending on his mood,he will often sleep through the night settles around 9 and will sleep to 5 or like last night he went down at 9 and didn't wake til 630

My LO does has the same exact schedule

So little one got his 4 month checkup today! He's 14lbs 12oz!!!!! :)

Our pediatrician is retiring :cry: so we saw the new dr that will be taking over. She is nice but said to get him sleeping through the night we could give him rice cereal mixed with his bottle at night. First, I already consider him sleeping through since he's doing a good 6-7 hour stretch every night. Second he doesn't take a bottle. Third, I honestly don't believe rice cereal magically makes babies sleep better! She was also talking to us about starting him on solids and I'm just really not feeling like I want to anytime soon. I already miss our old pediatrician!!!!! He would've said no solids till 6 months and even then only to mess around to get tastes and only closer to a year try to get him to eat more than a couple bites.

Aww, sorry you are losing your pediatrician, ttc!! If you don't like the replacement, you should definitely look around :)

ttc they must be about the only one left who recommends putting rice in bottles! Everywhere is absolutely against this now.My HV doesn't even want me to consider it until 6 month.

Sam slept from 9pm - 6.15am last night and Ollie slept 9pm-4am back down by 4.30 (after being winded and not retaining any for the first time in a long time!) and slept til 7am - no baby rice here!

4 month check up yesterday - Sam weighs 18lb 4oz and Ollie weighs 15lb 3oz. Possibly putting a referral in to the community pediatrician about Ollie, he has eyes which turn in still (seeing GP first about that) and is also not babbling or giggling yet, so he's a little behind. Hopefully nothing to worry about but hopefully won't be long before he catches up x

Aww shells hopefully it's nothing to worry about with Ollie. Every baby goes at their own pace. And wow I can't believe how big they are! They sure are growing!!!!! :)

And yes I was totally shocked she'd recommend the rice cereal! We will definitely not be doing that. For example little guy last ate at 11pm and wasn't up till 7am! That's sleeping through to me!!!

ttc that is absolutely sleeping through in my book too!

Thanks i'm sure ollie is fine, it's difficult having 2 at exactly the same age i try really hard not to compare as they are individuals and up until now sam has been 2 weeks ahead of ollie in everything until now and the gap is just too big to ignore x

Yesterday at baby yoga I forgot to take off my socks and fell while holding DS
. :( Thankfully I landed mostly on my elbow and knee, but he did hit his head slightly. I took him to a walk in clinic next door just to be sure, and thankfully he's fine but agggh, so stressful! :(

In other news, he weighs 14.6 lbs (6.62 kg) and is 25 inches long (65.5 cm) and he's only 2.5 months! He rolled over for the first time yesterday to stare at a nearby girl baby. :haha: He's soooo much bigger than my daughter was!

ttc126, I would absolutely switch pediatricians. He sounds awful and not up-to-date with the evidence.

Thanks feronia. I'm just not sure what to think. I mean maybe she's just unsure of herself? But I feel like no dr ever will be able to fill the shoes of our retired pediatrician!!!! I think maybe I'll give the new Dr another try for his 6 month checkup and if there is anything else that seems off to me I will have to look around. Sadly there aren't many options with our insurance :(

So sorry about your fall as well!!!! So glad you both were ok! Sounds like Oberon is doing really well! growing like a champ and meeting milestones early :)

Shells, I think you're doing an awesome job! I think it's amazing you can handle twins!

Shells, I have the same difficulty not comparing them!! Hugo has been a few weeks ahead of Clara at almost everything so far (except she was first to sleep through by five days :lol: ).

The twins I nannied were like that all the way along- one reached almost all the milestones a good couple of weeks before the other. They are both happy, healthy girls. For them it seems like the difference in their personalities was a big factor. I am sure I would compare them too if I had twins! I hope your Ollie starts closing the gap :hugs:

How good is your babies' neck control? Mine has always hated tummy time and just face planted/cried when we have tried! Now she is 3.5 months and still not great on holding her head up. I'm not worried, as she is improving... but curious as to how your babies are doing on that front?

Hugo has always been very strong, he can hold his head up almost indefinitely long now. Clara is not too far behind but she still gets the wobbles if she goes for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->