FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Hi Molly, Welcome to the group.
If you know where you are going to be going, you can start online searching children's centres for their summer timetables, libraries for their rhyme times and mums net /net mums for their what's on boards. I'm sure moving away must be very daunting. I have found having a baby has given me new found confidence. When you go to places, people are interested to know about your lo and you have an instant conversation.
Good luck with your move and keep us updated on your adventures.

I have had a look online. Seems there are a few children's centres in the town. So I'm sure there will be plenty for us to. I'm quite a shy person so when I do things now I go with a friend or my sister in law who have babies a similar age. I'm scared of going on my own the first time. I know that's silly. I'm going have to be more confident.

Welcome Molly, give me a pm if you want to join the Facebook group it's a secret group so no one can see you are in it or even search for it.

It's so hectic here as a newly single mother but it's not as hard as I thought. Yet.

Xx

I'm not actually on Facebook. I know must be the only 28 year old in the world not on there! Probably should sign up now we're moving though, guess it'll be a good way to stay in touch with people. Sorry to hear your a single mum. Does babies dad still see your little one?

Welcome Molly, give me a pm if you want to join the Facebook group it's a secret group so no one can see you are in it or even search for it.

It's so hectic here as a newly single mother but it's not as hard as I thought. Yet.

Xx

I'm not actually on Facebook. I know must be the only 28 year old in the world not on there! Probably should sign up now we're moving though, guess it'll be a good way to stay in touch with people. Sorry to hear your a single mum. Does babies dad still see your little one?

I have to say I don't like Facebook as much as I used to due to all of the things that get shared but it's easy to stay in touch that way.

He was fairly unreliable to start with he's getting marginally better, it doesn't bother baby but DS will be 4 in September and he gets very upset and misses him.
Xx

hey everyone :)

welcome Molly! I'm not on fb either so you're not quite the only one haha :)

Raspberry, I'm sorry to hear you've been going through such a tough time. But I'm glad it's not as difficult as you thought.

My little guy is doing great! Still a bad sleeper but he's a great nurser :) My older guy is doing ok too. But he's so clumsy and active, he ended up with 6 stitches in his head last week. I feel like I'm getting so many grey hairs from his toddlerhood!

hope you all are doing great :)

Hi ttc! Glad to hear you are doing well :) your poor, little toddler- I'm sure getting the stitches was exciting for him at least! :haha: sounds like he will keep you on your toes ;)

Big hugs, raspberry :hugs: so sorry to hear your news, though it sounds like you are being a real super mum :)

Thanks guys, in a strange way it's been easier in some respect. Over 2 months now and only one really bad day. Xx

Hi all!

Haven't been on in a while, it's been a crazy few weeks! I don't even remember the last time I was on or the last update I gave, so sorry if any of this is repeated!

We have moved into our new apartment in our new city! It took a while for us to get some furniture, and we still need a few more things, but it's really coming along and starting to feel like home. We found an amazing community center locally and took Catelyn to a group at the library there where I met a very nice lady roughly the same age with a little February baby too! So nice to have made a friend so quickly, we're taking them on a little play date to the swimming pool soon!

I have applied to the local university, I thought the course was part time so DH could mind LO while I went some evenings, but I then found out I can do it online which is perfect. If I'm accepted, I will be starting Business Administration/Human Resources Management in September! I'm so excited. Getting this qualification is our ticket out of this city to get back where we belong on the island. We really want to raise Catelyn on the island so it's great motivation to study hard and get the hell outta here!

Catelyn is doing so well! She just turned four months and I can't believe how fast she's growing, slow down!! She has flipped back to tummy, she yaks all day long, love chewing on her toys and grabbing things, especially her feet! She is besotted with her father too! If he's in the room she will watch him like a hawk and grin every time he looks at her! She sits up with assistance (still a bit wobbly) but keeps trying to stand up by digging her feet in and straightening her legs, her favourite thing is when we hold her up as if she's standing!

Hope everyone's doing well, and happy Canada Day!

https://i.imgur.com/KCQiJ4c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7L468Si.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kqnQuhH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Wh4Mwew.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NnVbsD9.jpg

First day back at work today. Horrible leaving lo. But not as bad as I thought in the end. She had a great time with my mum, despite the heatwave.
Now I can't sleep. It's either the plethora of new things I have to take on at work, or the fact that it's 30.3degrees in our bedroom. Bring on the rain and storms tomorrow. I am not a hot weather person. Lo sleeping in just a nappy.

Lovely pics. :) How long is the program, captain? We are aiming to move from Northern Ontario back onto the island in 4-5 years!

We're settling in well here. Did I ever update here how the road trip went? Anyway, can't wait to start midwifery at the end of August! I signed up for classes and am taking Becoming a Midwife, With Women, Indigenous Social Welfare, Indigenous Social Work, Gendered Constructions of Violence, Life Sciences, and Reproduction & Mothering for year 1. Super exciting!

Oh my goodness Captain! Caitlin is a total doll! what a gorgeous baby :)

Feronia!!! WOW so so so excited for you! I don't recall you sharing details of your trip but I'd love to read them if you want to share :) I can't wait to hear all about your program! How is Oberon?

Thank you all :)

Feronia, the course is two years which will be enough to get me employed in the lower mainland or the island, I might do a degree part time after that.

The oil industry has absolutely tanked here in Alberta. We came here for DH to find work and there's just nothing. We're considering going back to the island already where I'll work full time while attending the same course there and DH can care for LO. Such stressful times right now.

Great to hear that everything is going well for you and that you're planning on heading back there one day! We'll get some playdates eventually!!

Wow, I had no idea Alberta's economy has tanked!
DH is struggling to look for a job here... his unemployment application was denied. Apparently, since he quit voluntarily to move with me, they said he could have stayed in BC and we could have lived separately. Their website even says moving to accompany a spouse is valid grounds for quitting. WTF.

Anyway, the road trip was as stressful as you can imagine with a 2.5 year old and 3 month old. We lost the highway after the first day and ended up going through southern BC and southern Alberta and lost an entire day. We camped until we got to Ontario, and it was fine, but once we hit Ontario it was past midnight when we got to the campground. We had SUCH a scary experience!

A creepy guy was waiting in the shadows and DH approached him thinking he might work there, but then noticed it was closed and the guy tried to attack him! He started approaching him with his hand in his pocket and wouldn't back up and it seemed like he was on drugs. DH ran to the car and the guy tried to close the gate behind us to lock us in. :( We were sooo freaked out and every single hotel was full, so we had to sleep upright in our seats in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I had Oberon on my chest and DH had our daughter -- not the safest co-sleeping situation, haha, but we had no choice. After that we just did hotels we were too freaked out to camp!

But we're here, struggling financially, but it should all work out...

Oberon got in 2 teeth when he turned 4 months old, and ouch! He's biting everything (including my poor nipples). He's starting to become slightly mobile and can kind of shimmy backwards and roll around to get places. I wish he'd stay a baby for longer. :p He's still pretty chill, but he's been much harder to get to sleep since those teeth! The 4 month sleep regression is real!

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 12
Oh god what an experience! Our u-haul trailer broke (lights wouldn't work) as we were driving through Chilliwack. Luckily we were close to civilization so we could get a hotel after a couple of hours but it did set us back a day as we had to hang around Hope while it was fixed.

That's terrible about your OH's application, expecting him to stay in BC is just insane. I'm sure something will come up soon :)

DH got a job at the union hall yesterday, he has to test for it on Monday but that shouldn't be a problem. Hoping we can get some paychecks in soon and ease the pressure!

Oh geez, that u-haul trailer was something else. I feel lucky we made it all the way to Ontario without something going wrong with it!

Oh my gosh... that must have been terrifying, feronia. :hugs: so glad you made it safe and sound! Very sweet picture. When does your course start?

Beautiful pictures, captain! That hair!!!!!!! :) I hope your new chapter is going well.

Glad the christening went well, izzie! It must have been nice to celebrate that moment.

I have a question on milestones... does one time count? My baby has rolled front to back a couple of times on a day in early june, then nothing. Same thing: rolled back to front about 2 weeks ago. Since then nothing. Does doing it once count as meeting the milestone? Or should she be honing these skills? I am not really worried as I think it is mostly a question of motivation! Just curious as to what "should" be happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->