February IVF Buddies!! 2nd Cycle. FET

Oh HTW, I just saw your signature. I am going to check your blog. Hope you're ok honey. I'm so sorry xxx

Thanks eveclo. I'm hanging in there. It's been a rocky week but I just hope we started the treatment soon enough to prevent tube rupture or other damage. I'll go in tomorrow for another hcg level. It feels terrible to hope for it to drop, but I'm keeping everything crossed tightly that my levels are down quite a bit. I sort of new it was all too good to be true :cry:

Hope you are well! Have you finished up the move now?

It's horrible to have that feeling - like good things don't ever happen. I really hope that things start to work out for both of us. It's just not fair for you at all. :( I hope that now this has opened up something new for both you and your husband, as I read in your blog that your doctor said once you conceive naturally it's a completely different ball game? It's a big waiting game I'm just so sorry that this beautiful positive that came out of a stressful few years did not stay around longer. :( so it is definately ectopic? I will have my fingers and toes crossed that things work out ok over the next few weeks and hopefully no drastic action is taken! I'm sure you will be fine though.

Yes! The move is still mid way, although we are already in Victoria. We move into our new house next week, so for now; We are confined to an apartment. It snows about 1 hour away from here so it's a lot more chilly than I am used to. :)

Xx

I hope we both get sticky BFP very, very soon. Good news is long overdue for us both chica!!! I totally credit the herbs and acupuncture for getting me my first BFP and my acupuncturist seems to think more time on the herbs will prevent another ectopic. She's going to add things that will help nourish my tubes and make them more flexible and slippery. :shrug: Hopefully my fs was right about being in a whole new ball game. I'm definitely ready for a winning record! :haha: They could never confirm it's location, but my beta was 3600 when they did the last u/s and they say if it's over 2000 they should see something in the uterus. Labs were up to 10,400 today so I had to go in for another shot of methotrexate. Hoping for happier days soon!

Boo to the apartment, but yay for a new house next week! Is that the final step of the move?! Hope so! And Snow?! Is it winter in Australia or does it snow there year round? A good excuse to get some cute, warm sweaters I think!! :winkwink:

I hope we both get sticky BFP very, very soon. Good news is long overdue for us both chica!!! I totally credit the herbs and acupuncture for getting me my first BFP and my acupuncturist seems to think more time on the herbs will prevent another ectopic. She's going to add things that will help nourish my tubes and make them more flexible and slippery. :shrug: Hopefully my fs was right about being in a whole new ball game. I'm definitely ready for a winning record! :haha: They could never confirm it's location, but my beta was 3600 when they did the last u/s and they say if it's over 2000 they should see something in the uterus. Labs were up to 10,400 today so I had to go in for another shot of methotrexate. Hoping for happier days soon!

Boo to the apartment, but yay for a new house next week! Is that the final step of the move?! Hope so! And Snow?! Is it winter in Australia or does it snow there year round? A good excuse to get some cute, warm sweaters I think!! :winkwink:

Oh wow they are dramatic numbers! I just can't see how this works ah! I'm glad you are in safe hands. It seems like the herbs have really done something for you, so definately keep them up and see what happens next! I have so much hope for you & I know things will work out. But on the plus side, how much are we going to appreciate our beautiful little bubbas when we finally get our turn :)

Hehe, it is winter down here! I am used to 28-30 degrees (celcius- I have no idea what it is in farenheit) where I used to live... Now it's on average 5!!! A shock to the system but it for sure is fresh. Country air hopefully will do me well ;) the house is the final step of the move... We have our dogs fly down a few days after so I can't wait to have my little puppy babies back hehe.

Keep me updated!! Xxx

Thanks eveclo.

Holy temp drop chica! Brrrr. There's definitely something about fresh air! Hopefully the last steps of the move go well. I'd be so sad to be without my pup so I can only imagine how excited you'll be to have yours back with you! Hope you're all settled in soon. Will you be seeing a new fs soon?

Thanks eveclo.

Holy temp drop chica! Brrrr. There's definitely something about fresh air! Hopefully the last steps of the move go well. I'd be so sad to be without my pup so I can only imagine how excited you'll be to have yours back with you! Hope you're all settled in soon. Will you be seeing a new fs soon?

Oh my goodness love- I just checked bnb. Tube removal - seriously! I hope you are ok. I know you probably feel crappy now, but I do hope you feel better soon.

I will be seeing a doctor here in the country, although I may not go through with a cycle with him unless I feel 100% confidence. We'll see. I have to make an appointment, which I am dreading. I always feel like I have to explain myself or sell myself on why I should be able to. Plus, being in my early 20's a lot of people look at me like, you crazy girl! Hehe.

Thinking of you x

Thanks eveclo.

Oh my goodness love- I just checked bnb. Tube removal - seriously! I hope you are ok. I know you probably feel crappy now, but I do hope you feel better soon.

I will be seeing a doctor here in the country, although I may not go through with a cycle with him unless I feel 100% confidence. We'll see. I have to make an appointment, which I am dreading. I always feel like I have to explain myself or sell myself on why I should be able to. Plus, being in my early 20's a lot of people look at me like, you crazy girl! Hehe.

Thinking of you x

Thanks for the comment in my journal :flower:

I think it's a good idea to hold off doing anything with the doc if you aren't confident in him. I hate that they judge you for being young. You are so smart to get a head start on things. I wish I had been on top of things sooner. The closer I get to 30 without my baby the more depressed I get! Keep me updated!!

Thanks eveclo.

Thinking of you x

Thanks for the comment in my journal :flower:

I think it's a good idea to hold off doing anything with the doc if you aren't confident in him. I hate that they judge you for being young. You are so smart to get a head start on things. I wish I had been on top of things sooner. The closer I get to 30 without my baby the more depressed I get! Keep me updated!!

How are you going with everything HTW? :) Do you have any news or what's going on? Feel like it's been forever since we spoke!

I'm awaiting CD1, it should be here around the 23rd i think. Having a hysteroscopy and endo scratch and our EPU will be roughly the first week of Dec. Feeling very nervous as you can imagine. Hope you are well. I think of you often.

Hi eveclo! Thanks for checking in on me. :hugs: I've been following along with your blog (sorry I haven't commented much) but I am so freaking excited you are getting another cycle underway soon!!! :dance: I can't wait to see how you respond to this new protocol - it is very similar to the protocol my fs was recommending to hubs and I trying if we do IVF again.

I'm just finishing up AF and this will be the first cycle we will get to try again since the ectopic and surgery!!! Although, I'm definitely nervous/anxious to try again. I feel all this pressure to get another BFP but I know the odds of succeeding (particularly right away!) is so small that I'm trying to be realistic about it all. I think we will try on our own for a couple of months and then get back in touch with my fs in Jan if no BFP by then.

The countdown is on until your IVF cycle is underway!!!

Hi eveclo! Thanks for checking in on me. :hugs: I've been following along with your blog (sorry I haven't commented much) but I am so freaking excited you are getting another cycle underway soon!!! :dance: I can't wait to see how you respond to this new protocol - it is very similar to the protocol my fs was recommending to hubs and I trying if we do IVF again.

I'm just finishing up AF and this will be the first cycle we will get to try again since the ectopic and surgery!!! Although, I'm definitely nervous/anxious to try again. I feel all this pressure to get another BFP but I know the odds of succeeding (particularly right away!) is so small that I'm trying to be realistic about it all. I think we will try on our own for a couple of months and then get back in touch with my fs in Jan if no BFP by then.

The countdown is on until your IVF cycle is underway!!!

Oh you are too sweet. Thank you for following. I find the blog so therapeutic! I am excited to see how we go especially how many eggs we retrieve. Hoping it will be a much better outcome for us - more like our first cycle hopefully (5 embryos!).

Yay for TTC naturally - Are you still on all of the chinese medicine and herbs? I really really hope that you have success soon. I actually have a really good feeling about it - but i know whatever will be will be but do know I am really putting the vibes out there for both of us. :)

Good idea setting a date to see your FS - i always find that having a DATE or a rough idea is really helpful in this journey, then you can just take it step by step. That's all i've been doing and it's tolerable. :)

Not long now! I'm pretty nervous for how I will be if we endure another BFN even with steroids, but there is a doctor in Sydney who does Intralipids, so if this cycle doesn't work i will contact him for an appointment and drive to meet him or do it by phone if he does that. Sydney is only about 6 hours away from me, so I could just go for a few days and stay with family. It feels good to have a plan. I am really starting to feel the toll of this journey as it goes on. I know that the more IVF failures we have the less chance we have of conceiving but I am really just hoping that this will be it. A day at a time hey HTW. :hugs: thanks for replying xxxx

I hope you get a boatload of embies so you can make lots of future babies too!! Thats good that you have someone nearby who does intralipids if the steroids don't work - do they do testing to see what might be causing implantation failure? I had plans to see an RI this past July to help figure out why I wasn't getting pregnant but after finding out the estimated cost in US dollars was 6-8 THOUSAND just for initial testing we decided to cancel. I just can't imagine spending that kind of money to potentially come back with zero answers anyway. I hope everything is more reasonably priced wherre you are (but I really hope you don't even have to find out because you are definitely getting a BFP this time around girlie!)

Yep, I'm still taking the herbs. Now they've had severral months to do their job so hopefully everything is nice and ready in there! :haha: I'm not feeling particularly hopeful this month as far as BD timing has gone. I don't think I've o'ed yet, but it should be in the next couple of days. Hopefully we can get some more in the next few days... Always so stressful trying to feel like you got in enough!

Oh- I had a hysteroscopy before my last FET. I'm not sure about the scratch, but she did take 4 biopsies to help stimulate lining growth so I'm guessing it's similar? I was under conscious sedation and don't remember a thing about the procedure! I had some bleeding afterwards for a day or two but was able to go back to work the next day so no significant pain either. My anesthesiologist was awesome too(it's actually the same one that was on call when I had the emergency surgery to remove my tube!). Let me know if you have any other questions about it. Hope yours goes well :flower:

I hope you get a boatload of embies so you can make lots of future babies too!! Thats good that you have someone nearby who does intralipids if the steroids don't work - do they do testing to see what might be causing implantation failure? I had plans to see an RI this past July to help figure out why I wasn't getting pregnant but after finding out the estimated cost in US dollars was 6-8 THOUSAND just for initial testing we decided to cancel. I just can't imagine spending that kind of money to potentially come back with zero answers anyway. I hope everything is more reasonably priced wherre you are (but I really hope you don't even have to find out because you are definitely getting a BFP this time around girlie!)

Yep, I'm still taking the herbs. Now they've had severral months to do their job so hopefully everything is nice and ready in there! :haha: I'm not feeling particularly hopeful this month as far as BD timing has gone. I don't think I've o'ed yet, but it should be in the next couple of days. Hopefully we can get some more in the next few days... Always so stressful trying to feel like you got in enough!

Oh- I had a hysteroscopy before my last FET. I'm not sure about the scratch, but she did take 4 biopsies to help stimulate lining growth so I'm guessing it's similar? I was under conscious sedation and don't remember a thing about the procedure! I had some bleeding afterwards for a day or two but was able to go back to work the next day so no significant pain either. My anesthesiologist was awesome too(it's actually the same one that was on call when I had the emergency surgery to remove my tube!). Let me know if you have any other questions about it. Hope yours goes well :flower:

Oh my god!!! That is a ridiculous amount of money for investigative tests! Whoa! I emailed them, and they said that an initial consult (via phone as it isn't worth me driving there is $300). Then there would be some blood tests and maybe an endometrial biopsy. Blood tests would mostly be covered by our medicare system, and the biopsy would be at a hospital (which I pay private health cover for - we have public health cover but since we had issues with TTC I joined private so we get our hospital/ surgeries covered which is about $2000) I have read that the intralipids with the dr i have looked into is roughly $400 per transfusion which would happen about 3-4 times through the whole pregnancy which is a risk i'm willing to take!

Thanks for your help HTW! It helps so much. I am really hoping that the scratch helps with implantation but I can't help but feel there is another thing going on... I think a biopsy is pretty much exactly the same too. Don't give up HTW, you will make such a great mother! :flower:

xxxx

Just read your blog and saw your post about your weird AF. Have you tested???? Some people start spotting/bleeding when AF is due but they are really pregnant. Gosh I hope that's true for you!!! But if not, at least you are on your way to getting started!!!!!!! I'll be so excited either way.

Im glad that immune testing/treatment is more affordable where you live. But I do hope you don't ever need it. You are going to be an awesome mom, and soon, too!

I'm in the early part of my tww now. I think anyway. I had some weird opk issues so can't be sure exactly when I o-ed but think it was Wed/Thurs. So here's to hoping that my left ovary produced a beautiful egg this month... and if not, let's hope it's ready for next month!

Just read your blog and saw your post about your weird AF. Have you tested???? Some people start spotting/bleeding when AF is due but they are really pregnant. Gosh I hope that's true for you!!! But if not, at least you are on your way to getting started!!!!!!! I'll be so excited either way.

Im glad that immune testing/treatment is more affordable where you live. But I do hope you don't ever need it. You are going to be an awesome mom, and soon, too!

I'm in the early part of my tww now. I think anyway. I had some weird opk issues so can't be sure exactly when I o-ed but think it was Wed/Thurs. So here's to hoping that my left ovary produced a beautiful egg this month... and if not, let's hope it's ready for next month!

OMG i wish I was pregnant !!! Literally about 8 hours after I posted that I started bleeding more heavily and then it was normal. I think it might have been the red raspberry leaf tea i had been drinking, maybe it delayed it slightly or made it lighter who knows, but I am definitely not pregnant and I am currently on day 6 of taking Birth Control Pills. Have a hysteroscopy with the scratch on the 12th Nov so fingers crossed that goes ok!

Aw thank you, you have no idea how nice it is to hear (or read...hmm hehe) that. You will be a fantastic mother as well. I just know it's right around the corner for you and I am really hoping it comes soon. You so badly deserve this, I know it will be worth it in the end.

I saw something hilarious on the net the other day, I know you aren't IVFing anymore but you have and you'll understand how FUNNY this will be one day when we have our beautiful bubbas after this long, crapola journey ;)

I-hear-hes-IVF.png

I love that cartoon! SOOOO true. No baby will know love like one with parents who went through EVERYTHING to make that baby a reality!

And you are getting closer and closer every day to that being true for you! Sorry the weird start to AF was not a BFP in disguise but YAY for getting started on your IVF journey!! :dance: When's your scratch? Must be coming up soon- next week? Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

AFM- Af showed up last week after some spotting for a couple of days. It made me think of you because I started thinking this is weird! haha. Anyway, I'm CD6 and hoping my left ovary is wide awake this month. I'm ready for a baby in my uterus!

I love that cartoon! SOOOO true. No baby will know love like one with parents who went through EVERYTHING to make that baby a reality!

And you are getting closer and closer every day to that being true for you! Sorry the weird start to AF was not a BFP in disguise but YAY for getting started on your IVF journey!! :dance: When's your scratch? Must be coming up soon- next week? Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

AFM- Af showed up last week after some spotting for a couple of days. It made me think of you because I started thinking this is weird! haha. Anyway, I'm CD6 and hoping my left ovary is wide awake this month. I'm ready for a baby in my uterus!

Haha Oh you're funny. Well, I'm glad that you were thinking of me ;) even if it was because of something weird haha :)

I bet you're ready for something in your uterus - me too. I feel like it's our turn now!!! ;) I had a hysteroscopy and an endometrial scratch this morning and everything went well. My doctor came and saw me after and said 'You're going to get pregnant'. Geez, not sure how much i love the confidence considering all that we have been through but it is nice to have someone backing us when the odds are against us. No endometrosis no scarring or anything he said it was perfect and he believes it was just a fair bit of bad luck (our previous cycles). Hoping the scratch does something for us and also the fact that we have steroids added in as well. I might ask him about Assisted Hatching but he seems like he knows what he is doing anyway. haha.
CD 6 means O isn't too far away! I am thinking of you often and I hope you know you have a very persistent cheerleader in me! :) xxx

It is definitely OUR turn! I hope you know I'm returning the favor and rooting sooooo much for you to get that BFP! So glad that hysteroscopy went well :dance: You will make a beautiful home for your embabies for the next 9 months! When will you start stimming now? Soon I think? Eeek I'm so excited for you!!!

AFM- CD14, still waiting to O. Got the flashy smiley yesterday morning (high fertility) just waiting for that solid smiley (peak fertility day)... hoping it comes tomorrow. I'm ready to start my last 2ww :winkwink:

It is definitely OUR turn! I hope you know I'm returning the favor and rooting sooooo much for you to get that BFP! So glad that hysteroscopy went well :dance: You will make a beautiful home for your embabies for the next 9 months! When will you start stimming now? Soon I think? Eeek I'm so excited for you!!!

AFM- CD14, still waiting to O. Got the flashy smiley yesterday morning (high fertility) just waiting for that solid smiley (peak fertility day)... hoping it comes tomorrow. I'm ready to start my last 2ww :winkwink:

Oooh you on the fancy sticks! Love that - makes it easy to work out what's going on! Hope this is the month for you :) Do you ever get ovary / ovulation pain so you know which one you would be ovulating from? That would be so handy. haha.

Thank you so much HTW, it's nice to know I have some people wanting good things for us! :) So far the plan is keep up with Synarel until EPU pretty much, and I finished BCP two days ago. So i'm waiting for AF to arrive and then next Wednesday (hopefully my period has come and been otherwise I have to postpone) i have an ultrasound just to check that the Synarel has made everything quiet. Then if it has I start injecting the next day. Otherwise she said something about me possibly having to stay on synarel for another week but i bloody hope not, so let's both just pray af comes today or tomorrow and is gone by wednesday haha. I'm not asking much am i? ;)

I found out today that I actually tested positive for a blood clotting factor thingo so they are putting me on Clexane along with the steroids so hopefully i can at least get pregnant or anything! We are getting there slowly just a matter of finding the right combo hopefully soon! Otherwise we really have limited options over here.

How is everything going? Are you still on all of your herbs and getting acupuncture? Hope you're looking after yourself Miss :) xxx

Oh wow- I'm so glad they did the clotting tests because that's totally treatable! Which one did you test positive for? Any sign of AF?? I think you have an appointment tomorrow? Fx that you get to start stimming soon!! So crazy excited for you. :)

AFM- I FINALLY O'ed Sunday on CD19... I hate when I get these longer cycles. I know I shouldn't complain as many people O much later than that, but I get impatient!! I actually felt ovulation (I think anyway) which is really unusual for me. The bad part is I think I ovulated on my tubeless side :( Oh well. I hope that means next month I'll ovulate from the good side. It will also make this tww a bit faster since I won't be hoping for a BFP at the end of it! Next month will be our last month of trying on our own before I ask for stims again. Fx.

Oh, and hubs and I are still taking herbs and doing acupuncture. Trying to stay stress free about it all (and succeeding most days!)

Hope you're well!!

Can't believe this thread has been resurrected!

eveclo - I also tested positive for a clotting factor issue so on to Heparin injections for me. Let's hope this solves our problems! Been following along with your blog too. :)

Oh wow- I'm so glad they did the clotting tests because that's totally treatable! Which one did you test positive for? Any sign of AF?? I think you have an appointment tomorrow? Fx that you get to start stimming soon!! So crazy excited for you. :)

AFM- I FINALLY O'ed Sunday on CD19... I hate when I get these longer cycles. I know I shouldn't complain as many people O much later than that, but I get impatient!! I actually felt ovulation (I think anyway) which is really unusual for me. The bad part is I think I ovulated on my tubeless side :( Oh well. I hope that means next month I'll ovulate from the good side. It will also make this tww a bit faster since I won't be hoping for a BFP at the end of it! Next month will be our last month of trying on our own before I ask for stims again. Fx.

Oh, and hubs and I are still taking herbs and doing acupuncture. Trying to stay stress free about it all (and succeeding most days!)

Hope you're well!!

I ovulate CD19 - 20 it's SO annoying! You feel like you're forever waiting haha so I feel ya! That's such a bummer about the tubeless ovulation, but you never know you might get a very pleasant surprise soon! ;) Good idea about starting on Stims i realllllly want to be bump buddies ;) haha Good on you for being stress free - I am trying but it's so hard to not get worked up sometimes :( We will get there!

They didn't tell me which one, they just said that my levels were positive and that i will be on clexane. I probably should have asked so I could research but I'm glad they are at least putting me on something. I feel like I need to have something a little different. I am on day 4 of stims today and have my ultrasound on Friday. Then EPU roughly 10th December or around then depending on what's going on in there :)

Is it possible that you guys would try an IUI or something so you can make sure you are ovulating from your other ovary?
Glad to hear you and your husband are doing well xx

Can't believe this thread has been resurrected!

eveclo - I also tested positive for a clotting factor issue so on to Heparin injections for me. Let's hope this solves our problems! Been following along with your blog too. :)

Haha I loved this thread! Met some awesome ladies on here (both of you two included!!!)

Oh great news, I would love if it solved it. I am also going on Pred so hopefully that helps as well but I guess I'll find out in about 3-4 weeks time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->