***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

oooh its getting scary now we are getting to the end of our tickers lol !

i think reality is dawning on me as i have started nesting a little bit ... sorted out all the boys clothes that no longer fit them and freecycled , charity shopped etc , started tidying and organising the nursery and got my bag for taking to the hospital out of the loft , still loooooooads left to do but at least i have made an effort . to be honest its prob cus OH has worked from home this week so i cant be seen to be on b&b and facebook all day long lmao .

having my hair cut later , looking forward to that as could do with a bit of a pick me up to not look so drabby haha

i know what you mean.
our little one isnt due until 27th Feb and im starting to panic , not my partner thats pregnant!
this weekend im determined to sort nursery, we have got everything apart from buggy that we will get in a week, the nappies (reusable) changing mat and some small things.
i want decorate nursery.
we have been given so many clothes,think he has an outfit for every single day up to 6 months and we have got 2 bin bags full coming in january too!!!
i just want to be prepared and relaX.
X

i know what you mean.
our little one isnt due until 27th Feb and im starting to panic , not my partner thats pregnant!
this weekend im determined to sort nursery, we have got everything apart from buggy that we will get in a week, the nappies (reusable) changing mat and some small things.
i want decorate nursery.
we have been given so many clothes,think he has an outfit for every single day up to 6 months and we have got 2 bin bags full coming in january too!!!
i just want to be prepared and relaX.
X

it is stressful i cant wait till its all done and i can think ok if baby comes we are ready !
my oh doesnt seem to notice the time ticking by i told him we only have 11 weeks and hes like oh yea , doesnt seem fussed lol :wacko:

I am 29 weeks and looking for some advice. Where I live, I do not have and family or close friends. My husband who was forced to be in the operating room while I delivered my twin 11.5 years ago really does not want to be present let alone my go to guide for this labor and delivery.

Good news is my best friend would love to be my doula. She is in California and is going to buy a ticket to here in Minnesota but we are unsure how or when? With my twins I went full term ( 38 weeks) I have had no preterm labor so far or BH's. She doesn't want to wait to the last minute because ticket will be so much more expensive. Sh also doesn't want to obviously get the ticket and end up coming to early. ARG! I really want her here to help but I don't know what to do??

Anyone have any advice or dealing with the same issue?

it is stressful i cant wait till its all done and i can think ok if baby comes we are ready !
my oh doesnt seem to notice the time ticking by i told him we only have 11 weeks and hes like oh yea , doesnt seem fussed lol :wacko:

I know what you mean, I keep telling OH we only have 11 weeks left and he thinks he has all the time in the world lol.

We are decorating the nursery this weekend, yay! Well, when I say we, I mean my partner is, I will be his assistant! Can't wait then we can finally put the cot together and set everything up :) 8 and a half weeks left!!!!
How is everyone feeling now? I ache all over and baby seems to come alive in the middle of the night so not sleeping all that well!
Also, can anyone give me any info as to why people say not to lie on your back, and not to have your arms above your head? I'm asking because I keep waking up on my back with my arms above my head on my hands, iv never slept on my back and certainly never slept with my head on my hands like that! It scares me as iv heard somewhere that both things you shouldn't do when your pregnant? Any advice would be great! Xxxx

We are decorating the nursery this weekend, yay! Well, when I say we, I mean my partner is, I will be his assistant! Can't wait then we can finally put the cot together and set everything up :) 8 and a half weeks left!!!!
How is everyone feeling now? I ache all over and baby seems to come alive in the middle of the night so not sleeping all that well!
Also, can anyone give me any info as to why people say not to lie on your back, and not to have your arms above your head? I'm asking because I keep waking up on my back with my arms above my head on my hands, iv never slept on my back and certainly never slept with my head on my hands like that! It scares me as iv heard somewhere that both things you shouldn't do when your pregnant? Any advice would be great! Xxxx

They say not to sleep on your back because your uterus compresses a major vein and can restrict bloodflow. I wake up on my back all the time too though. :dohh: I'm not sure about the hands above the head thing....never heard of it!

I am 29 weeks and looking for some advice. Where I live, I do not have and family or close friends. My husband who was forced to be in the operating room while I delivered my twin 11.5 years ago really does not want to be present let alone my go to guide for this labor and delivery.

Good news is my best friend would love to be my doula. She is in California and is going to buy a ticket to here in Minnesota but we are unsure how or when? With my twins I went full term ( 38 weeks) I have had no preterm labor so far or BH's. She doesn't want to wait to the last minute because ticket will be so much more expensive. Sh also doesn't want to obviously get the ticket and end up coming to early. ARG! I really want her here to help but I don't know what to do??

Anyone have any advice or dealing with the same issue?

I posted my answer to your question in my journal.:thumbup:

they say not to reach up high like stretch with ur arms up..its cause its supposingly makes the cord wrap around the babies neck i dont think that it will do that if ur in bed so i wouldnt worry.

thats wat iv heard anyway..

oooh its getting scary now we are getting to the end of our tickers lol !

i think reality is dawning on me as i have started nesting a little bit ... sorted out all the boys clothes that no longer fit them and freecycled , charity shopped etc , started tidying and organising the nursery and got my bag for taking to the hospital out of the loft , still loooooooads left to do but at least i have made an effort . to be honest its prob cus OH has worked from home this week so i cant be seen to be on b&b and facebook all day long lmao .

having my hair cut later , looking forward to that as could do with a bit of a pick me up to not look so drabby haha

I've been doing this too! sorted new baby clothes into draws - newborn, 0-3, 3-6 plus blankets, baby towels, bibs, socks, snowsuits etc

most of it is my sons stuff, i've kept the best stuff and put all the rest into bundles by age to put on ebay - cannot believe how many clothes he had! I've also sorted bags for hospital one for me and one for baby and am slowly filling them up lol

i love sorting through his baby clothes, i just keep taking them out and looking at them lol :)
anyone else waiting for 4d scans? i really want another one, but can't afford it :(
hows everyone doing with their xmas shopping? x

i have also sorted out my lil girls clothes into sizes lol i keep goin in her room and lookin at everything ..its just so unreal to me still that im having a girl lol.. when we get good weather here im goin to start washin clothes and everything that i ll be using straight away. labour bag is slowly gettin there still need to buy some pjs and sort out wat clothes wear there .. im strugglin to pick a outfit for emmalee to come home in lol i think i might have to go to pumpkin patch and see if i can find something there lol.. i have everything i need now but theres nothin i really like and also thats small enough.

heartburn is killin me theres been a couple of times were iv felt like i was goin to throw up cause of it ..still got another 10wks or so left of it aahhh..thank god for rennie and quickeze ..

hope everyone is well and bumps are growin nicely talk to u soon

Hi all

30 weeks today my it's getting so close can't wait to meet our baby girl :dance:

Snow seems to have calmed down, it was scary walking to my doc app yesterday :( I have cabin fever at this stage miss my car, kiddies are even missing school :haha:

Hope all is well have a lovely weekend :)

i have also sorted out my lil girls clothes into sizes lol i keep goin in her room and lookin at everything ..its just so unreal to me still that im having a girl lol.. when we get good weather here im goin to start washin clothes and everything that i ll be using straight away. labour bag is slowly gettin there still need to buy some pjs and sort out wat clothes wear there .. im strugglin to pick a outfit for emmalee to come home in lol i think i might have to go to pumpkin patch and see if i can find something there lol.. i have everything i need now but theres nothin i really like and also thats small enough.

heartburn is killin me theres been a couple of times were iv felt like i was goin to throw up cause of it ..still got another 10wks or so left of it aahhh..thank god for rennie and quickeze ..

hope everyone is well and bumps are growin nicely talk to u soon

its very weird after 2 boys isnt it!!!

my heartburn makes me wanna throw up some nights too it sucks

well ds1 has a birthday party in an hour and ds1 and 2 have a party in the morning so no peace here this weekend

I have been getting heartburn as well again! I had it with my daughter and she was born with a 1 1/2 inches of thick black hair that she never lost!!! Getting it again makes me wonder if Dustin is going to have a head full of hair as well....

Everything for Dustins is now done and ready to go. Just need to get my hospital bag sorted out. Might start doing that slowly this week sometime i think. Might be a good idea me thinks :)

Layla didnt like it when we put up the bassinet into our bedroom yesterday. I tried to sit her down and tell her that it was Dustins bed. It is for Baby Dustin and that Layla doesnt need the baby bed cause she is a big girl (blah blah blah) she was upset but after trying to explain (the best you can to a 19 month old) that it was for her baby brother she seemed to be ok.
Gosh i hope she is going to be ok when he does arive!

How is everyone sleeping?

I finished sewing my breast feeding cover this morning :) i am super proud! When Allan (OH) wakes up i will go and take some pics and post them :) I think instead of nesting i am getting creative :D hehehehe i kinda like it :D

Hope your all well...
xoxox

i wish i could make stuff :(

looks like there is a few of us starting to nest now lol

im sure she will understand mummytobe in the end , its a difficult concept to expalian to a toddler but when the baby comes along she will want to be the big girl im sure :)

I nested early and now got lazy =\
but we are remodeling, so we are really getting our butts into gear now with that and im really just cleaning up the aftermath, plus the usuals (sweeping mopping laundry dishes cooking) you know. I need to get cracking on my hospital bags I have no idea what to pack. Babys nursery is still a storage room and I have sooo many clothes for him, I just have no where to put them right now. No diapers as of yet, but that will be coming soon. At least we have bought a bassinet and have a couple of sheets for it so that in case he comes before his room is done, he will still be able to sleep next to hubby and me :cloud9:

I am so unprepared physically, but so prepared mentally. Except that Im scared he is going to grow out of his newborn and 0-3s too fast and I wont be prepared with bigger clothes yet!!!!

My brother called me today to say that he got a bunch of stuff for me, like clothes, a boppy, a bjorn carrier, a $300 breast pump, a diaper genie, and possibly a baby monitor :) I feel SO relieved knowing how much he's getting for me!! :D He's gathering it all from friends with kids and yard sales and such. I'm so relieved!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->