***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

It's harsh to say it but I am desperate for a boy! This is my last pregnancy and after having 2 girls I would really love a boy.
At the scan both me and hubby got an overwhelming feeling it was a boy but then all the nub guesses say girl.
It's another reason I don't want to find out the sex. This is going to sound really selfish but if I am told at the scan it is another girl I'm worried I might feel disappointed whereas if I wait until he/she is born I'm going to be so wrapped up in the moment and so in love with the baby it won't matter to me.

Im the opposite , I have 2 boys and me and DS1 would love a girl (ds2 doesnt get whats going on lol ) OH wants another boy , i have to admit although my pregnancy is different i still feel like its a boy deep down . I have to find out as i want time to come to terms with it being another boy - not that i will mind as i love my boys and they are so much fun i know another one will be fun too but i just feel like i need to prepare me and DS1 for if its a boy :S

Hiya - I just had my 12 week scan which was really my 14 week scan (I've lost 2 weeks - yay!). I'm due on Feb 10th and we're happy to stay on team yellow.

This is our first baby and we're thrilled to bits. I was so nervous before my scan and to hear and see that everything is great was AMAZING!

I'm looking pretty big so we're off shopping later to check out the shops that I've never ventured in!

Hi to all February mummy's - hope the 2nd tri is better than the 1st!!

xx

wow certinaly is alot of us "10th feb" ladies on here!!

anyone felt bubs kick yet? felt bubs kick for the 1st time last night :happydance:, have been feeling movements for a good few weeks but didnt expect a kick this early on! :happydance::happydance:

i am so jelous. i don't even know when my next scan will be yet. i go in for a regular appointmnet on the 24th. so maybe he will tell me then when my next scan will be. they are done in his office, so he has full control. i am really wanting a boy this time as i already have a wonderful 10yr old girl. have only been looking at boy names. and keep refering to bubs as him.

good luck ladies. hope everyone is doing well

Im due February 8th!! Bump buddies anybody??

This is my second pregnancy but will be my first baby, we lost Harvey due to mmc in December. Any experienced mummys out there to answer a million questions?? haha!

xxxxxx

This is my second pregnancy but will be my first baby, we lost Harvey due to mmc in December. Any experienced mummys out there to answer a million questions?? haha!

xxxxxx

hey , theres lots of us with in feb lovebugs with more than one child we will answer your million questions :D

goodmorning ladiies! sorry i havent been up to date with u guys =( how is everyone feeling on their second tri?!
i actually have a huge question for those ladiies that this is their third pregnancy....how did ur first born react when ur second born was born??
im sooo nervous my son knows he will be a big brother hes really excited, he will be 7 years old in december and hes been spoiled rotten with both of our attention since he was the only one and now he will have to share it so will he take it good?!

goodmorning ladiies! sorry i havent been up to date with u guys =( how is everyone feeling on their second tri?!
i actually have a huge question for those ladiies that this is their third pregnancy....how did ur first born react when ur second born was born??
im sooo nervous my son knows he will be a big brother hes really excited, he will be 7 years old in december and hes been spoiled rotten with both of our attention since he was the only one and now he will have to share it so will he take it good?!

DS 1 took it really well when DS2 was born but he was only 2 . He was a little jealous at first when i was breast feeding so couldnt play with him or whatever , but he soon learnt that mommy was glued to the sofa so used to bring his books and things and we would have story time while DS2 fed . i just made sure when i had fed him i then paid DS1 some attention and i also got him to help with things like bath time .

at first because the newborns sleep most the time things dont change too much its when they start to crawl and steal the older ones toys etc it can be a bit more difficult but by that time they have had plenty of time to get used their brother or sister .

DS1 is now really excited about having another brother or sister and i think it will be much easier for him this time round , not sure how DS2 will take it as he is a bit more of a clingy mommys boy but hopefully it will all work out fine.

you just have to balance it , dont overcompensate by giving the 1st born too much attention , also when people come to visit your new baby make sure they dont leave the older one out . I bought a few packs of hot wheels cars and hid them and when people came round with a present for the baby i asked them to give my older son a car so he didnt feel left out , though all the grandparents bought him a gift anyway .

sorry for rambling lol !

my dd1 was only 17 months old herself when dd2 was born so she didn't really know what was going on, she just noticed there was another baby around lol

This time dd1 is really excited and can't wait to be a big sister but I am worried she will get jealous as she doesn't understand that babies need a lot of time and attention.

I'm just going to make sure I include her as much as possible with things.

I think DD2 won't really understand whats happening.

DS 1 took it really well when DS2 was born but he was only 2 . He was a little jealous at first when i was breast feeding so couldnt play with him or whatever , but he soon learnt that mommy was glued to the sofa so used to bring his books and things and we would have story time while DS2 fed . i just made sure when i had fed him i then paid DS1 some attention and i also got him to help with things like bath time .

at first because the newborns sleep most the time things dont change too much its when they start to crawl and steal the older ones toys etc it can be a bit more difficult but by that time they have had plenty of time to get used their brother or sister .

DS1 is now really excited about having another brother or sister and i think it will be much easier for him this time round , not sure how DS2 will take it as he is a bit more of a clingy mommys boy but hopefully it will all work out fine.

you just have to balance it , dont overcompensate by giving the 1st born too much attention , also when people come to visit your new baby make sure they dont leave the older one out . I bought a few packs of hot wheels cars and hid them and when people came round with a present for the baby i asked them to give my older son a car so he didnt feel left out , though all the grandparents bought him a gift anyway .

sorry for rambling lol !

awwww thanx for the advice looks like ur boys are getting along very well =] hopefully ur first born will help ur second one adjust to the new baby :hugs:

reading blogs and also friends told me the same to give a gift to my son from the baby when he or she is born so hopefully that will go well i dont want him to feel jealous or neglected....well i guess im in for a ride new experience for me since my son is so attached to me lol

xxxxxx

my EDD is also feb 8 :happydance: so we can be bump buddies if u like hun i dont have one either lol

DS1 who was 2 at the time wasnt sure wat was goin on when he came to visit me in the hospital he wouldnt come near me or the baby i asked for a kiss and got nothing lol..but didnt take him long to be ok with ds2 and was soon giving him cuddles and kisses he was jealous at all..now hes 4 hes old enough to understand and hes excited to get another brother or sister.

DS2 on the other hand is 2 now and doesnt know wats goin on at the moment im not sure how hes goin to be when this baby comes he is still a bit sooky and like cuddles from mummy so its goin to be interesting..i think he might get jealous..

Hi ladies wow so much chatting missed it all today , I had a horrid day car got broken in to and stereo broken cost a fortune to sort new window out :( Bloody friday 13th typical ..

wow feb 10th is real real popular , I am sure i will go over thow so am secretly hoping for a V day baby :).

when i had Finnley layla adapted real well, She was a calm child and took it all in her stride, She wasnt very old but still acted very grown up when baby arrrived and luckily never tried to pick him up on her own lol, We just made sure she was very involved all the way through .

As for Gender iam sooo desperate like some others for a little girl, Iam partially worried how i will react but unlike u ley hun i decided to find out earlier so i could get use to the idea if i was having another boy , I will love my bubs no matter what but have had such a hard time with my first born son and then followed with another boy (Luckily a very calm child) i feel scared to have another boy and poor layla keeps begging for a sister to play with she feels so outnumbered, Some days i feel like a bad mummy for wanting a girl but i think its a big mix of emotions and i know i will love Bubs regardless just i pray that for my last pregnancy i am granted a little girl time will tell i guess xxxxxxx

Hope every ones well today ??. xxx

xxxxxx

my EDD is also feb 8 :happydance: so we can be bump buddies if u like hun i dont have one either lol

I am also the 8th :) This is my 2nd pregnancy :) how are you both feeling???

I had a nice hot bath last night and now i am nervous that it might have been too hot and i might have harmed the baby.. is that silly of me to think that????

Hi!! I met my mid wife today. Got a quick peak at the hospital we will deliver in. It was a good day. Baby's heartrate was 159 and I measured 14 ( cm?) which she said was perfect! I am not officially a low risk pregnancy which is super exciting! After having years ago it is nice just to enjoy that little piece of info. It's also great to be in 2nd tri!! Whohoo!!

Hi Lovebugs can u add me to the list pls I'm due on the 17th but I want it on the 14th to have a valentines baby!

Mommny to be- hot baths and showers are a no no i think max temp is 38 degrees which is wat kids baths are suppose to be i think..bubs should be ok but just make sure its not hot next time hun..xx

Eeeeep - it was a nice and hot one :( Oppsie.. i never even thought about it. Just needed a rest and some me time so i jumped on in.. Silly Silly Silly me.. i didnt even bloody think!!!! I feel super silly!!!! Yes definatley know for next time that is for sure!! lol.

It is a nice Saturday here today. Allan (Hubby) is working this morning and we are hoping that he will get home soon!!!! What is everyones plans for the weekend ahead???

I had a bath the other day that made me a little nervous...my Dh decided to run the cold water for something when I was drawing my bath, so it was hotter than I expected, but I didn't wanna waste all that water...my bath tub is so small though, so it wasn't a very enjoyable bath...I would LOVE to just be able to lay down and soak/relax in a nice big bathtub....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->