***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Hi ladies i just want to wish u all a v happy and healthy new year. X x

Hi everyone!

thanks for the replies.

rachael - there is one at Eye which is where I was going :( sigh! Def thinking on the side of home birth now, esp after all the encouragement!

My OH won't cut the cord...DD1 did offer but not sure she really meant it!! Was considering seeing if i could do it - is that weird?!! Want to make sure I see and do everything this time as it will (most probably!) be my last and can't remember much from before!!

i don't think my bubs is engaged, will find out next week i guess. Do find i get what seem to be braxton hicks now if I "overdo it", though that seems to be fast becoming "do anything" - like walk to the pub!! And I feel all periody achey which i hope is the raspberry leaf not the beginning of labour!! :haha:

sorry to hear about you sweating ladies over the pond! Here it is still cold but has def got milder. So far though, i have been really cold this pregnancy, weird!

Hay hun ur baby may have engaged wen i had my 33wk mw app mine wasn't engaged at all but the following night I was having major painfull braxton hicks and i felt a lot of presure and stabbing pain down there. I thought it cud b the start of labour es as I had the bloody show at 32 wks' but everything calmed down after a few hours so new it was not labour however wen i went to my norm app at hospital a few days later they said baby was well. Locked down and 3/5ths engaged so i rekon all that pain i had at 33 wks was him engaging.:wacko:

Jenni and Eve

the original plan was my dad and his partner, who live an hour away, would come and have the girls at our house. the girls could always come along to the unit to wait as it is farily chilled there.

I don't mind the girls being here for the home birth at all, i know I'll wail a fait bit but it's all a natural proces! Having them around may even help me chill?? Hubby isn't so sure though.

And I'm not too keen on the idea of my dad being around when I'm in labour!! There are also friends in the village who have offered to take the girls so that may be a possibility, and dad take them to his house if it's over the weekend.

I think i'll chat to the midwife and see what she says. the thought of an epidural scares me anyway - don't want anyone messing with my back!!(my eldest can't understand why anyone WOULDN'T have one - no pain!!) last time I had pethidine, so that would be fine.

Hopefully baby's furniture is coming on Tuesday - was put off cos of snow. Then we will put baby's clothes away and I'll get a few "hospital" things together....and I might feel a bit more organised ha ha!!

it is hard lucky , i still have no real plan for my boys i have a few people offered but midwife has said to prepare for a very short labour so who knows if anyone will get there in time!

hey ..phone just rang it was my dr i have never had the dr ring me before ive had the receptionist but not the dr , anyway he was ringing to see how i was feeling and how my "waterworks" were as he didnt want me to be suffering over the bank hol while the surgery is shut !!! how very nice of him . he said ill write you a prescription for the thrush so i can have it ready but i cant use it till monday so i have been and fetched that . what a nice man , he never seems that interested when you go but i guess he is !

it is hard lucky , i still have no real plan for my boys i have a few people offered but midwife has said to prepare for a very short labour so who knows if anyone will get there in time!

hey ..phone just rang it was my dr i have never had the dr ring me before ive had the receptionist but not the dr , anyway he was ringing to see how i was feeling and how my "waterworks" were as he didnt want me to be suffering over the bank hol while the surgery is shut !!! how very nice of him . he said ill write you a prescription for the thrush so i can have it ready but i cant use it till monday so i have been and fetched that . what a nice man , he never seems that interested when you go but i guess he is !

hey wow, that IS good, makes you feel like a person instead of a number when they contact you like that. I do hope you feel human for tonight! Are you doing anything? We are going out for a (ludicrously expensive) meal with friends (8 adults, 8 children in total) then back to their house. Not sure how long I'll last though! Must admit, i'm not actually that bothered but hey ho!

re the homebirth - lets hope yours just "slips out" during the night and your boys sleep through, that would be easier :lol:

hey wow, that IS good, makes you feel like a person instead of a number when they contact you like that. I do hope you feel human for tonight! Are you doing anything? We are going out for a (ludicrously expensive) meal with friends (8 adults, 8 children in total) then back to their house. Not sure how long I'll last though! Must admit, i'm not actually that bothered but hey ho!

re the homebirth - lets hope yours just "slips out" during the night and your boys sleep through, that would be easier :lol:

hmm that would be fab ..but unlikley to be that convienient isnt it ha

new year , no nothing we dont usually bother neither of us are that keen on new year anyway and the kids go to bed at 7:30 so restricted on that front anyhow.

Evening All,

How far is everyones babies heads engaged? Mine is still "floating freely"

As we have internet again I decided to watch one born every minute on 4od and now I am shitting myself about the birth :-O

Is anyone elses OH not cutting the cord? It never occured to me that he wouldnt want to but he has said he wouldnt want to and looked squemish. lol. Would I need to write that in my birth plan? x

mine baby is floating away freely apparently its common with babies after number 1 though my 2nd engaged around 30 weeks iirc.

one born every minute - yes i watched that and i watched eastenders (how funny was tha the babies were all bathed and a few weeks old by the look of them ) and now ive realised oh shit i gotta do that again soon lol

oh and cutting cord , mine doesnt want to , he tries to stay away from the business end if possible lol though the birth of ds2 the midwife was look dad heres the head and more or less made him cut the cord but he wasnt keen on it , i havent mentioned it really this time ill see if he wants to at the time , im really not fussed whether he does or not tbh.

Yes I noticed that, I was like I hope this one doesnt come out big like them. lol.

My Doc did say that 2nd babies dont tend to engage. Last time it felt like it was a sign, what other signs are there?

J
How are we all, Monitors i knew i forgot something too lol good job we can have a thread to remember everything lol.

Still keep peeing myself when i cough i am so embarrassed :(.

Good luck to all having home births i wanted one but not alowed because i use to have epilepsy and they like to monitor me wich is a bummer i am sure i will be fine havent had a fit in 4 years but i guess its better to be safe than sorry xxx

Aw hun totaly sympathise wit u i have a bad caugh and i keep peeing myself its sooooo embarrassing also got sore throte terrible head ache and can't stop sweating wat a way to c in the new yr lol.
I put the last few bits in my hospital bag but can't help thinking I've forgotten something. Errrrrrr! Also took all Xmas decs down sorted and cleaned house now just waiting for baby to come really hopw i dont have to much longer to wait really don't want to go over like last time. Feeling v fed up now I'm soooooo ready x x

Wow, you are organised. I have to admit I hardly turn the lights on on the tree now and am looking forward to taking the xmas cards down.

I have no real plans for Eve neither. I have options so I guess it will just be whatever is best at the time.

Thats so nice of the doc! x

So jealous of you homebirth ladies!
Can't believe im 36 weeks.... getting scared now lol - still need to buy so much eek! xx

Happy new years eve girlies, Just think after midnight we can all say "next month" is our month how surreal is that :) xxxxx

Happy new years eve girlies, Just think after midnight we can all say "next month" is our month how surreal is that :) xxxxx

im so excited to say to people when they ask - when you due ? next month ... how sad am i lmao

omg my real due date is 29th jan....

in 10 mins IM DUE THIS MONTH

You know I keep thinking this but I'm so afraid to jinx myself!!! If I keep saying it knowing my luck I'll go until March 2nd or something.

Happy new years ladiies!!! Well i still have an hour and half to go its 10:24pm here in nyc....hope u all have a safe and blessed one!! =]

Happy new year to all feb lovebugs xx

winegums, you are on the last box in your ticker! Now all thats left is the birth. x

Happy New Years to everyone! Hope that you all had a wonderful night and following day!
Yes it is crazy to think that our babies are due next month.. i have a feeling that we might become a January baby here.. but we will wait and see i guess hehe :)

Have everyone got their hospital bags etc packed? How much have you packed?
I am worried that i am underpacked but knowing our hospitals i will be released within a day to come back home (that is what i am kinda hoping for anyways) so that will be great to be back home with Layla (DD) and Allan (HUBBY) and bubba :) I want to be in and out as fast as i can be :)

whoooo happy new year girlies, Next month its ours how exciting wine whoooooo 28 days left you are due this month how exciting :). xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->