***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Felicityjade and 1sttimemom that's great but scary I bet!

1sttimemom u were right not to ignore those feelings.

I love the pictures! My favourites r the one with the pic of 4d scan and booties and the one above it.

I bet I'm going to be one of the ones who go ten days over. Lol. The midwife at my
sisters surg now let their ladies go 14 days over!

I woke up this morning laying flat on my belly! I was scared I had squashed the baby and was desperate to feel him move.

One of my oh friends gf had her baby on nyd. It was her first baby and it sounded like an ideal birth! She had her show at 830am along with some little pains. At 3pm her contractions were 2 mins apart so they went to the hospital. She had her baby at 450. He was 6lb2oz. No tearing. Gas and air was all she had. I'm jealous! I would love a birth like that.

im only taking 1 bag (well if i actually go in the hospital), after having done it a couple of times before you realise how much you overpack

for me i have packed : breast pads , maternity pads , pants , 2 nighties and a pair of pjs , slippersocks , nursing bra , bottle of squash , camera , spare pair of trackie bottoms , t shirt and socks to come home with , a few toiletries.

I agree, with my son i was in hospital for 4 days and i STILL managed to overpack and i STILL had less in my bags than most people pack lol!!! I really don't see the need

I have two bags because my bags are small, my baby bag is likea handbag size and has a couple of vests, sleepsuits, nappies, a hat, a snowsuit, a thin blanket, a thicker blanket

my own bag is like a bowler bag if you know what that is, has some maternity pj bottoms, a easy access to boobs nightie, a baggy tshirt, some breast pads, some maternity towels, nursing bra, bottle of dilutable squash as i hate just drinking water so i can add it to my water, some tracksuit bottoms and a jumper to come home in, slippers because my hospital is filthy lol, some cooling spray because the hospital is SO hot, some lucozade tablets and high energy snacks, hairbrush and a couple of mini toiletries incase i end up in there a while!(including deodrant lol)

Snap...1st thing that went in my bag :thumbup:

Eve and Winegums, thanks for the hospital lists that's really useful. you'd think I'd know what I was doing but I just can't remember!!

speaking of which - what are people planning to wear in labour?

Oh and Rachael - we're on our last box - OMG!!!!

I just noticed that! Woo hoo!

I was wondering what to wear in labour too......

I'll be in water so it's just a tanktop (vesttop) for me! Easy Peasy. I'll probably just wear that and a pair of lounging pants (trousers) until I get in though.

i will be in my matalan £5 nighty for labour;)

my bags are pretty much done i gotta get mini toothepaste and hairspray..baby bag is done.

gettin scared now lol but so lookin forward to meeting my lil girl.

im not sure wat im goin to be wearin it all depends on if i can have a waterbirth..im goin to ask next m/w visit..if i can i ll be wearin my maternity swim top..

1sttimemom wow how exciting hehe if u do go into labour i hope it all goes well..im sure bubs will be fine iv noticed alot of babies arriving around 35wks.

emmies room is almost complete and box free lol.. i ll add some pics 2moro when my nets bk to normal..i really love her cot sheet set its so pretty..its so weird seein pink everywhere lol. Im takin a couple of outfits for comin home in as i have know idea wat will fit her..there all 0000 though

OMG peeing and contractions i missed loads lol, 1sttimemum i hope u have a great update from them contractions soon good luck hun..

As for Nightwear i packed 1 new nighty and one old one and a few pairs of shorts for just after ..

As for feeling bubs head MW showed me how go just above pelvis feel the rounded head shape and mine sits just above brim and i can move his head side to side so know he isnt engaged yet but non of mine did till i was actually in labour so aint worrying lol, I keep rocking on all 4s every night no way i am having another back to back labour grrrrrrr.

Hope every ones well ?. xxx

1sttimemom I hope everything goes ok! Keep us updated!

im just gonna wear a baggy nightie for labour - easy access haha

getting far too close for my liking now! lol xx

im a melon lol ..only just noticed haha

i been having braxtons alot today , 1st time ive really had them in this pregnancy , and a weird pain just above my left hip , wonder if the little madam is engaging ?

got a midwife appointment in the morning , my ds1 is excited as he is usually at school and he really wants to hear the heartbeat bless him.

ordered my raspberry leaf capsules today after going to 3 shops and they didnt have any pfft

gonna finish my bag off this week .... maybe :p

my boys are stopping at my moms at the weekend so im hoping to get a few more bits done round the house , pack the boys an overnight bag just in case and go for a nice meal/cinema with hubby - last time before baby comes eeeek.

i've started taking rasberry leaf capsules - they are really big!!!! lol
i am going to start taking evening primrose oil once i've only got a couple of weeks left - apparently it helps to soften your cervix up ready!

i need to do as much as poss because if i go overdue they will not induce me and i will have to have a repeat section :( and then if im labouring for too long they will have to give me a section!!!

so trying to prepare my body as much as i can so it does a good job lol!

no BH or contractions or anything yet which i'm happy about tbh :)

but i don't havea midwife appointment until 38WEEKS!!! and i last saw my midwife in october!!!!

saw a consultant inbetween but she just discussed my VBAC and said i had to see my midwife about other stuff :(

i've started taking rasberry leaf capsules - they are really big!!!! lol
i am going to start taking evening primrose oil once i've only got a couple of weeks left - apparently it helps to soften your cervix up ready!

i need to do as much as poss because if i go overdue they will not induce me and i will have to have a repeat section :( and then if im labouring for too long they will have to give me a section!!!

so trying to prepare my body as much as i can so it does a good job lol!

no BH or contractions or anything yet which i'm happy about tbh :)

but i don't havea midwife appointment until 38WEEKS!!! and i last saw my midwife in october!!!!

saw a consultant inbetween but she just discussed my VBAC and said i had to see my midwife about other stuff :(

about the EPO .... i read that most ladies "put one up" at bedtime

cant say ive ever used EPO or heard about its uses unil this forum lol

with ds2 i ate a fresh pineapple every day for the last 2 weeks - he came on his day, coincidence maybe but ill be doing it again.

Thank you both!!

Well, I just got home from the hospital... turns out I was having contractions! Lol Not BH either... Real contractions! But I'm not dialated, but am very slightly effaced.. They gave me a shot to slow/stop the contractions, along with a medication. Here is the catch though. The meds will take a week to actually get approved and receive. In one week, if I'm having contractions still, they won't stop labor and I'll be having her. Soooo it sounds like I'll be having her soon, more than likely. That shot was NO fun though. It made me all shaky, and now woozy... And now i'm still having mild contractions, but they seem to be building in strength again. So who knows, really. But I believe that at this point if I went back with the contractions, they wouldn't give me another shot, they'd just let it happen... Pretty freaky being soooo close!!Go

Anyways, thought I'd update you all! Now I have to get to bed since it's almost midnight and I have to work in the morning (joy... I get to follow my student around while most likely having contractions.. this will be interesting..). Guess we'll know tomorrow whether I can continue working or not!!! :D

Good Luck :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you, ladies! I've been having the contractions all day again today, mostly in my back. My dr said to try relaxing, see if it slows them. But so far it isn't. My back is only getting more painful. But I will be going to my dr's office tomorrow first thing in the morning to see what they say....

Good idea 1sttimemom. I hope your doctors visit go well and keep us updated.

I forgot about the epo. I've still got some somewhere from the ttc days. I'll hunt them out ready.

I'm going to try and feel for his head later, although I really don't know what I'm feeling. Lol.

I have been getting loads of pressure in my pelvis lately, but then it goes. I wonder if he's checking it out. Lol.

I have been struggling to drink my rlt. I'm now on 2 cups a day. Sometimes I think it's actually quite nice, other times I forget it and it goes a little bit cold I have to drink it in one just to get it out of the way.

I've got everything we need now, apart from breast pads. They were out of stock at tescos yesterday, so I'll just wait till next week. My nursing bras should arrive today. I can't wait! I'm so uncomfortable. Debenhams had a sale on if anyone is interested. And it was free delivery. X

Anyone else feeling really fed up? I just want labour to start now I've totaly had enough I'm fed up wit being in sooooo much pain i havent slept prop for wks on end can't stop crying feel really low I'm am preying I do not go over due this time. After all those pains I was having it turned out that he has engaged a tiny bit more so im inbeteen 3/5 and 2/5 had my show wks ago but they said baby bein engaged and show doesn't mean baby will come any earlier soooooo gutting they will not touch me till im over due its so crap just wish my waters wud break been getting strong pains but wen they put me on machine said its just braxton hicks. Felt my cervix and its well soft is there anything i can do that may start labour that works cuz if there isnt ill just go over due. Im off to drs tommorow. Cuz they think i need anti depressents had post natal dep in past and they said im high risk again havevent been on meds gor 3 yrs and really don't wanna go down that road again but looks like i got no choice. Ive begged and cried for them to start me off at 38 or 39 wks es as I'm on crutches with severe spd but they said no there not gonna do anything till I'm a wk over due. Feel so down :0(

Sorry about the long moan girls but I don't know where else to turn x

Rachael, I've had the same prob with breast pads in tesco, they've been out of stock everytime I've looked - who's buying them all? LOL!

just got back from midwife appointment and for the 1st time in 3 weeks my urine is clear hurrah !

everything else is fine and im covered for my home birth from the 28th january ...which really isnt that long away eeeek.

baby head down but not engaged still

finally got my HIP form , so just filled that in , now gonna apply for my maternity allowance and do my tax return ..im so lazy leave it all to the last minute - slapped wrists lol !

i have breast pads as i've been leaking already for ages... need some maternity towels/pads though which ill get from tesco tomorrow. i also have seemed to have lost all my sons old muslin cloths and they were really handy in the begining so i need to get some more of them!

dd29 i wouldn't try anything just get as your not term yet, if you have your baby now they still class it as premature and may need to spend time in the hospital which obviously you wouldn't want for baby! i know the lastfew weeks are hard and i am in a lot of pain as well but i'd rather him come out when hes ready and just put up with the pain for now

1st time mom let us know how it goes hun xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->